Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit. Hacking up big loving goobers that aren't the usual lung butter. Time to throw a couple beers down, smoke a joint to shake the poo poo in my lungs loose, and hope I wake up feeling fine tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

bengy81 posted:

Denver to SLC since all the flights were cancelled.

lol sure

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Goddamnit. Hacking up big loving goobers that aren't the usual lung butter. Time to throw a couple beers down, smoke a joint to shake the poo poo in my lungs loose, and hope I wake up feeling fine tomorrow.

saaaammmmee

this awful storm must have brought all kinds of nasty airborne silt-sized and aerosolized sheepshits from all kinds of greeley or worse

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bengy81 posted:

My boss is nuts, and was very upset that the blizzard put a stop to all travel today, he thought I would be able to drive from Denver to SLC since all the flights were cancelled. Pretty much confirmed that I need to get a new gig ASAP.

Dude has no concept of geography and its killing me

let jesus take the wheel

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

saaaammmmee

this awful storm must have brought all kinds of nasty airborne silt-sized and aerosolized sheepshits from all kinds of greeley or worse

Yeah. Bronchitis has been big around work lately. Mostly because like, seven idiots all smoke a sesh together after work every day. Then I get to stand in a small room with some of them for two days.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Thanks to sick time abuse by staff, we now need a physicians note if off longer than three days, or if a day leading to or coming off a weekend.

Anything over a week you need clearance by HR using a return to work form and a physician of their choice.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Thanks to sick time abuse by staff, we now need a physicians note if off longer than three days, or if a day leading to or coming off a weekend.

Anything over a week you need clearance by HR using a return to work form and a physician of their choice.

tbh that's pretty generous compared to most places

bengy81
May 8, 2010

EBB posted:

let jesus take the wheel

If I somehow didnt end up as part of the 100 car pile up that closed the highway northbound, I would have been stuck in Cheyenne, cuz they had the gates down by noon and weren't letting people into Colorado.

Also apparently just because you have PTO approved, dont assume you will actually get to take it, that was an important lesson I learned today.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, that's not terrible at all. I don't get sick time, just got to take the day and go to the VA.

I try to stay clear of the people at work because they're diseased and have children vectors that accumulate these goddamn sniffles cases. I get more work done by myself anyhow.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I told my team to never ask me for approval for PTO, just put it on my calendar when they want to take off so I don't go looking like more of a jackass than usual wondering where the hell they are. PTO is earned, PTO is meant to be spent.

Which makes me a huge hypocrite because until this week I was riding the cap for PTO (208 hours) and have no further time planned until like June or something.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vasudus posted:

I told my team to never ask me for approval for PTO, just put it on my calendar when they want to take off so I don't go looking like more of a jackass than usual wondering where the hell they are. PTO is earned, PTO is meant to be spent.

Which makes me a huge hypocrite because until this week I was riding the cap for PTO (208 hours) and have no further time planned until like June or something.

going around hat in hand to beg to please take my terminal leave sir was when I knew once and until the end of my days that the military was a poo poo organization not worth being in

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Syrian Lannister posted:

Contrarian here, that is a stupid as gently caress policy.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

going around hat in hand to beg to please take my terminal leave sir was when I knew once and until the end of my days that the military was a poo poo organization not worth being in

Yeah I didn't feel bad at all about giving the right NCO a case of beer every time I went on leave for the last year or so. Combined with my PCS leave somehow not being deducted, I took a 60 day terminal leave :whatup:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Garden chat: getting a start on mine and finally putting this piece of poo poo harbor freight greenhouse that came with the house to use.

Each of those should make about 4 plants, except the rectangular trays which should make 8.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol directvnow is going up $10 for the plan I have

I guess an expected move, get a bunch of new subs then crank the price up. It went up $5 last year.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I got it for the free AppleTV 4k then cancelled it. I have Youtube TV now and it's pretty good.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I’m not imagining that this season of Grand Tour the episode are dropping weekly instead of all at one time, am I?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's what they did last season

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thursday nights, 7pm EST.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Syrian Lannister posted:

Time to find a different job that policy is asinine.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Syrian Lannister posted:

I’m not imagining that this season of Grand Tour the episode are dropping weekly instead of all at one time, am I?

Every grand tour season has been like that. The Episodes drop at 1201am Friday London time.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Got a phone interview with one place. Was also told the manager on the product I really want to work on (it's history related) is going to talk to me next week about getting me on her team if I stay.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
IT IS SEVENTY SEVEN DEGREES

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sixty-five up here and I'm starting to sweat.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It was in the mid 50s yesterday and felt like nice early spring weather, today it's gloomy and back in the 30s.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Mid fifties and rain with wind yesterday. Currently 35.

I hate Chicago weather.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just watched a pretty decent western flick. The Sisters Brothers, with John C Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwvqKwTKmE

Pretty solid way to kill two hours.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Exhaustion and dehydration are a great combo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'll check out that western. I'm actually a big fan of modern westerns.

Big scoring game tonight. Also feisty.

Album:https://imgur.com/a/PdJkn3F

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Was waiting outside a restaurant for my gf to show up last night and got to witness a wonderful drunken moment.

A very normal looking dude who was dressed like he just left work attempted to climb inside a large sprinter-type van. The driver, a young-ish girl, was understandably freaked out by this, so she hit the gas as the guy was halfway in. He fell out and rolled twice like real hard on the street. He was extremely drunk — completely brushed off his fall, slurring his words real food, very wobbly. This was at 7 PM.

The girl had to slam on her brakes to avoid t-boning a car —- she was on a side street about to merge on Halsted (a larger road in the north side). Well the car she nearly avoided a collision with was a police SUV, so they pulled her over wondering what the hell is going on. I verify her story and they ID the drunk who has jogged off. A few minutes later my girlfriend shows up, I’m laughing real hard about this and sure enough we see the cops perp walk the dude in hand cuffs to their vehicle.

A good St Patty’s day.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

holocaust bloopers posted:

A good St Patty’s day.

Paddy

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whatever it’s a stupid holiday

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My grandfather came here so we wouldn't have to keep thatching roofs and shoveling poo poo in Ireland. We like not to be reminded of it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Saint Patrick's Day is the best holiday. Who doesn't love corned beef and Guinness????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOfutUPy6Tk&t=87s

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 16, 2019

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
corned beef owns

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Whatever it’s a stupid holiday

Corned beef, beer, and snakes. :cmon:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Stupid micks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woof Blitzer posted:

Stupid micks

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Oh poo poo, that means I have an excuse to drink the alcohols on a Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

St Patties day is almost as bad as sinko the Mayo