Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*in a guy who owns Bitcoin voice* actually she was fourteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Talking about perverts. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/KamehaCon/status/1109261929632198656

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

I'm surprised so many people are positive about the announcement. Like, wow.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

People like Broly more than they like believing victims of sex crimes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covok posted:

Anyone know if Goat-Wizard from Super manga will be in the anime?

Heard the manga is bad so I'll wait for the anime if its getting adapted.

As of the goat wizard arc the manga has been good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

People like Broly more than they like believing victims of sex crimes.
going by the replies they like not believing victims of sex crimes more than they like broly

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Bee posted:

I'm surprised so many people are positive about the announcement. Like, wow.

its because shithead twitter people were the only people on the site who still cared because Vic got fired from working with Funi so the anti Vic people essentially got a lot of what they wanted

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who the gently caress is Vic and why do peopele care

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Broly and Ed on full metal alchemist

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

I wonder why you read enough to complain about this and somehow managed to not read the big-rear end VOICE ACTOR BROLY on the message three posts above you.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CharlestheHammer posted:

Broly and Ed on full metal alchemist

Also a pedophile

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zzulu posted:

There are a lot of Vics in this world chief, but only one "Vic"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zzulu posted:

VA. He did Broly and Edward Elric as well as soem other roles, but those two are the big ones. He's been a well known sexual predator for a while now but it's only recently that action has been taken on it, which is why its a topic currently

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Zzulu posted:

It turns out people care about a lot of things these days. Like calling out pedophiles no matter how famous they are.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Junpei Hyde posted:

VA. He did Broly and Edward Elric as well as soem other roles, but those two are the big ones. He's been a well known sexual predator for a while now but it's only recently that action has been taken on it, which is why its a topic currently

Oh gently caress me, I didn't know he was Ed.. That really hurts. :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zzulu posted:

Google is hard, I know

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

mmkay posted:

I think the general thought is that previous manga arc adaptations were kind of meh (with single touches being better than in the anime, like Roshi showing off Ultra Instinct moves), but this Moro stuff is pretty drat good.

roshi ultra instinct was loving awful, where are you getting this 'general thought' from?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Jonah Galtberg posted:

roshi ultra instinct was loving awful, where are you getting this 'general thought' from?

Roshi being so good at Martial Arts that he had an idea about UI was good. This doesn't excuse all the other Roshi poo poo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Doesn't gokus training with korrin emphasise reducing unnecessary movements. hosed up that korrin was on the right path

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Zzulu posted:

Vic mignogna was the voice of Edward Elric and Broly in the new movie. He is also a pedophile.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Namtab posted:

Doesn't gokus training with korrin emphasise reducing unnecessary movements. hosed up that korrin was on the right path

wasn't that Mr. Popo with the bell training?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Namtab posted:

Super is mostly Goku relearning DB martial arts stuff as if it's brand new and revolutionary.

DBZ was working out really hard.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

sassassin posted:

Super is mostly Goku relearning DB martial arts stuff as if it's brand new and revolutionary.

DBZ was working out really hard.

Huh, I like that distinction. Dbz is all about Goku reaching new heights of brute strength while og and super is about new techniques and finesse like ui and ssgsskkx20

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
How much finesse is there in launching yourself headfirst through someone's chest really

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Improbable Lobster posted:

How much finesse is there in launching yourself headfirst through someone's chest really

Probably more than you think to avoid breaking for own neck.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wasn't Roshi's whole training regimen about increasing Goku and Krillin's physical abilities to absurd levels and then letting them figure out technique on their own?

Makes a degree of sense that after exploring all the potential the Saiyan body has, Goku turns to refining it with technique again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Also a general-purpose shithead - when he wasn't hitting on teenage girls and roping them into the anime/Christian fundamentalist cult run by his mother, he was making con staff's lives absolutely hellish.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They cancelled his appearance last month, and then waited to re-announce his appearance until after it's too later for most of the other guests to back out

https://twitter.com/KamehaCon/status/1091446049447858177

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Basically outside of part of king kai's training Goku has never really been specifically taught moves (most of what he does is variations of a couple of things he's seen and copied). His formal training has either been based around using weight to make his body stronger, or improving his movements/technique. Even going to his personal training the only thing I can think of that differs from this is when he remains in super saiyan for a while.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hell even in DB most of his training was just getting stronger or faster.

To be an expert in martial arts most of what he is shown doing is brute strength training

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hell even in DB most of his training was just getting stronger or faster.

To be an expert in martial arts most of what he is shown doing is brute strength training

I'm including db, dbz and super in my post. Goku does not train in gt

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Goku does not NEED to train in gt

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is Goku actually a terrible punchman? Give his raw strength to Tien and lets see what happens.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

This should really be "former voice actor" for Broly. Why would you want to invite the dude who got fired?

'cause that's what happened. He got tossed. He's not Broly's VA anymore. He WAS Broly's VA. He's gone now. He is no longer relevant.

He is an ex-Saiyan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

Is Goku actually a terrible punchman? Give his raw strength to Tien and lets see what happens.

Goku isn't a terrible punchman, he's shown that he is extremely good at dodging/moving and hitting opening and vital points as well as picking up techniques quickly. He just also has enough raw power that he CAN brute force a lot of things and if he can't it's rare that more refined techniques on their own will help him.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm excited to see Vegeta and Bulma team up to kill Broly live on stage.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Broly barely loving talks, what's so exciting about it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Captain Cappy posted:

Tien's shoulders would finally eclipse his head in size.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

I'm excited to see Vegeta and Bulma team up to kill Broly live on stage.

Rial's already announced that she's cancelled. Not surprising - she's shared stories of being specifically abused by the rear end in a top hat, for which she's naturally been met with all manner of harassment and bullshit on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I hope that somehow everyone cancels and Vic is the only one there. You idiots wanted Vic so now he's the only one there, gently caress you.