Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hasselblad posted:

Status of Sir Pounce?

Dead according to the showrunners :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Hasselblad posted:

Status of Sir Pounce?

Azor Ahai

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1123963119729090561

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Pretty sure Tyrion became a rapist when he joined in on the gang-rape of his first wife years before the first book. But it's OK because he thought she was a gold-digger.

didn't tywin make him do that?
if you're forced to do a sex act against your will, that makes you a rape victim, not a rapist
tywin raped his child, is what im saying

banned from Starbucks posted:

How has noone broken into GRRMs house yet and stolen his commador 64 or w/e the gently caress he writes this poo poo on.

im sure Ty has put a password lock on it for him at least

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

banned from Starbucks posted:

How has noone broken into GRRMs house yet and stolen his commador 64 or w/e the gently caress he writes this poo poo on.

You mean the stack of empty pizza boxes he scrawled on in 2006?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

no matter, House Badthread will never recognize him as True Warden

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Why did they cut Lady Stoneheart again? Initially I could get behind it because it signaled that her effect on the major storylines were basically nil, but, now that we're about finished it seems like they cut Lady Stoneheart and replaced her with:

Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne and doing nothing.

Brienne and Pod walking around and doing nothing.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Keeping Michelle Fairley around to gargle in zombie makeup is loving stupid, that's why.

They kept Robert Strong but the character was already a plank of wood so it's less of a waste.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

YaketySass posted:

Keeping Michelle Fairley around to gargle in zombie makeup is loving stupid, that's why.

They kept Robert Strong but the character was already a plank of wood so it's less of a waste.

He's also a minor character whose reason for being is to have an epic fight with Sandor at some point before the show ends.

I literally can't come up with a justification for Lady Stoneheart's existence in either the books or show.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I remember when before reading the books, when I was just watching the show, I went into that asoif wiki to remember a thing about Cat's life and Lady Stoneheart was spoiled on the first paragraph of the page. Thats when I decided "well, I might go ahead and read the drat books"

Then that never even happened on the show

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

nine-gear crow posted:

I literally can't come up with a justification for Lady Stoneheart's existence in either the books or show.

She might be the one to resurrect Jon by giving him her mojo the way Beric did for her.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

YaketySass posted:

She might be the one to resurrect Jon by giving him her mojo the way Beric did for her.

why

cat never liked jon, and stoneheart's feelings seem to be just much more intense, less inhibited versions of cat's
if anything she would hate jon more now

also the wall is many weeks' travel from the riverlands, jon would be bones by the time he could get to her or she could get to him

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm still hoping GRRM shits on the show and after a whole book of setup about "hey, you can perma-warg your soul into animals" Jon comes back as Ghost and every chapter is him being a good boy.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Then they elect JonGhost as King like these towns that have a dog or a cat for mayor.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Jon wargs into Wun Wun, not Ghost

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

anyway, i think stoneheart's purpose is to set off the inevitable frey civil war by murdering her way thru the frey line of succession

and otherwise to just gently caress up the lannister-tyrell plans to stabilize central westeros

thats if she needs to have a purpose, which i dont know is a given

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

stone heart is probably what leads to brienne being knighted by jaime rather than just sitting around a fire and thinking ‘gently caress it’

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I do enjoy how "Jon is actually dead, and will stay so" is not an option anybody considered. Exactly how he would come back was the only topic of discussion. Which really shows how far it had fallen by dance with dragons

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I think Stonehearts purpose is far more thematic than plot-oriented. She's not gonna majorly influence the political events of Westeros. What she does do is this: She nails down how completely hosed and perverted House Stark is right now. She also supports how much of a hideous crime the Red Wedding was - it not only resulted in the deaths of thousands but breaking Guest Right is such an affront to nature that it results in the birth of this twisted revenant set on revenge. Finally, it also continues the theme that Magic and Religion are these unknowable things that can result in unexpected conclusions: The Brotherhood was maybe the most noble faction in the whole war and Beric attempts to do something totally selfless, giving his life to bring back a murdered woman. It results in the Brotherhood betraying all of their principles and this ghastly figure.

But thats all Book stuff. And we'll never find out what happens because, well, books

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

"Jon is actually dead, and will stay so"

What language is this?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I like how the show almost looked like it was going to do something interesting or competent with Qyburn/Robert Strong/the Undead but it turned out that was all an accident lmfao

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I would have been 100% onboard if Qyburn figured out how to command the Undead and wins in the end

or if the White Walkers somehow take control of Robert Strong and mega murder Cersei

Actually none of it mattered lol

EDIT: This reminds me, I vaguely recall a false spoiler in season 6 or so that Robert Strong was gonna go on a rampage and kill Tommen by accident. That woulda owned

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

He's also a minor character whose reason for being is to have an epic fight with Sandor at some point before the show ends.

Revenge against the Freys makes sense, doesn't it? I was also hoping it would tie into the whole meta-magic/gods discussion.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I like how the show almost looked like it was going to do something interesting or competent with Qyburn/Robert Strong/the Undead but it turned out that was all an accident lmfao

he could still raise the dead, or even better turn cercei into some killer undead witch thing

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

kcroy posted:

Revenge against the Freys makes sense, doesn't it? I was also hoping it would tie into the whole meta-magic/gods discussion.

Most of these threads will never be untangled. More and more GoT is reminding me of Lost. It was great about asking questions, but the answers to those questions were non-existent or basically stupid. GRRM isn't some master storyteller with a complex web of expectation and subversion he's weaving. He's a fat kid saying "wouldn't it be cool if". Except he's a 70-year-old fat man, which means the show has carried him to heights undreamed and he's going to die up there before revealing that the man-eating chicken is just a man, eating chicken.

*edit changed entangled to untangled. Because typos.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 2, 2019

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I wonder how much the maintenance is on that shaved bear they have playing Robert Strong. He never does anything so I don't see why they need a full sized human being for it. Maybe he's cheap, I don't know.

If they can make Kit's 4,5 feet look like 6 (as long as he stays away from Sansa) surely they can put any extra in that suit of armour.

Katt fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 2, 2019

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

watched the Show Episode and i thought that arya got through by disguising herself as an Other

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

V. Illych L. posted:

watched the Show Episode and i thought that arya got through by disguising herself as an Other

That would've been better than whatever appeared to have happened.

Is there a name for the literary failing of where you have a kind of Chekovs gun, but you don't show it in the first act so when it goes off in the third act it's just like what, where was that?

*edit ah I see Tv Tropes calls it an rear end Pull.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

pseudanonymous posted:

That would've been better than whatever appeared to have happened.

Is there a name for the literary failing of where you have a kind of Chekovs gun, but you don't show it in the first act so when it goes off in the third act it's just like what, where was that?

deus ex machina?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

nine-gear crow posted:

Well it was kind of SOMETHING in the books. I disliked the character, but did not see her as just taking up space. It may very well have had a point, had the books actually continued to be written. Which IF the books are actually written, they may be vastly different than the show.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Hasselblad posted:

It may very well have had a point, had the books actually continued to be written. Which IF the books are actually written, they may be vastly different than the show.

They will almost have to be, as the books elide several characters and sub-plots, so unless those plots really have no purpose and go nowhere, they'd have to be quite different.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

V. Illych L. posted:

So basically Walking Dead style? (when they actually remembered that zombies were easily walked past when covered in gore).

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Hasselblad posted:

So basically Walking Dead style? (when they actually remembered that zombies were easily walked past when covered in gore).

well yeah, sort of, except arya has magical gore-covering abilities

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
She killed a WW then glued all the shattered pieces to make a costume

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Clearly Stoneheart will just take the place of Beric in the books. She'll head back north, join the ranging party beyond the Wall, fight in the Battle of Winterfell, and save Arya so she can kill the Night King.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Elias_Maluco posted:

She killed a WW then glued all the shattered pieces to make a costume

i think she'd made most of it earlier, after her interrogation of sam and then magic, possibly aided by one of the red witch's illusions

look i don't know it's just what seemed to make sense to me

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lady Stoneheart radicalizing The Brotherhood was a cool concept but yeah no idea what purpose she serves now that it's become very clear she had no place in the big story

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Maybe Arya got Jon's dragon and flew over Bran just in time and jumped at the NK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Elias_Maluco posted:

Maybe Arya got Jon's dragon and flew over Bran just in time and jumped at the NK

that would have been more believable lmfao