Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

there are days you pray for baby shark

BABY FINGER BABY FINGER WHERE ARE YOU???

:psyduck:

For real, Baby Shark is leagues better than the Indian nursery rhymes and cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was a fraggle rock kid.

Dance your cares away, worries for another day,
Let the music play, down at fraggle rock.

And brave little toaster was my played until the tape broke movie. gently caress the haters, toaster ruled.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

bengy81 posted:

For real, Baby Shark is leagues better than the Indian nursery rhymes and cartoons.

This!

ChuchuTV is the standard of Indian nursery rhymes. Not the exception.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:chloe:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

this poo poo sucks rear end

I hate it

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A friend of mine is out here in Colorado for a week or so in a class trip for his earth science degree. He's been sending me pictures of all the weed stuff they bought down in Walsenburg.

Looks like kids shopped in a candy store. It's great.

Part of me wishes I took Intro to Geo as a free elective in college. Between the rock-licking labs and cool field trips, I think i would've had fun. My school's field camp is hitting CO in a few days. I expect about those same pictures.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I got a contender

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that beats mine hands down just for the monster logo shape

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Chernobyl was so good. What a way to spend a Friday night.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rocketman good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

i got all the eps at the ready, gonna watch em saturday night

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's good

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Episode 4 is difficult to watch

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Oh hell yeah dude.

Try and just kick back and enjoy. It gets really tense at some points.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah im working all night so I should be able to do it

how many episodes of catch-22 they doing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Catch-22 is only six episodes, but loving amazing hands down.

Brute Squad posted:

Part of me wishes I took Intro to Geo as a free elective in college. Between the rock-licking labs and cool field trips, I think i would've had fun. My school's field camp is hitting CO in a few days. I expect about those same pictures.

I took like, three semesters of earth science, geology directed classes. Those were my favorite classes, loved them. Then my divorce came along and I'm back to living life for the journey instead of a degree.

Here's a good, sad song, because it's early and I'm not stoned yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgnC5eQ5u0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

awesome. was looking online for it and wanted to make sure it was all out. i was hoping for something good to show when my son asks why he has such a weird middle name

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hulu one-shotted it and if someone remotely tries to make a second "season" I'll break out a pen and some paper and bitch to the studio the old fashion way.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brute Squad posted:

I got my MS in geology. Field trips were great because "Go camping with a case of beer and baggie of weed" counts as serious scientific work.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

bengy81 posted:

7 month old goes to daycare M-F. I struggle to keep her entertained on the weekends while we are working on the house. Nothing compares to all the action daycare offers.

The only thing she will watch is Little Baby Bum. Which has what we guess is 753 versions of wheels on the bus. I AM SO SICK OF WHEELS ON THE BUS. I will take baby shark any day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh god little baby bum

we moved off that one months ago

doesnt matter they're all the same

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If your kids haven't hit the object permanence stage yet, why aren't you playing some of the classics for them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Nice.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Stultus Maximus posted:

I got my MS in geology. Field trips were great because "Go camping with a case of beer and baggie of weed" counts as serious scientific work.

Planned stops in my field course on active tectonics included some big warehouse liquor store and a dispensary as we passed through Vegas

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 8, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know what day they're having a free day yet, but I'm going to go visit him and his group when they go on their free day hike (couple hours up and down an undetermined mountain, since the instructors' usual one is closed for some reason). They don't have to actually hike, but hang out at least close to the vans if they're not.

I want his instructor to bring them up to the Springs that day, so I can wreck all their lungs on the Manitou Incline. While I smoke joints "discreetly" along the climb.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

17 years married and 23 years together today.

She’s off driving the kids around to stuff and I’m being lazy puttering around the house.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LingcodKilla posted:

17 years married and 23 years together today.

She’s off driving the kids around to stuff and I’m being lazy puttering around the house.

Puttering in those New Balance kicks and cargo shorts?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

BigDave posted:

Puttering in those New Balance kicks and cargo shorts?

Nike and BJ brand cargo shorts what up

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Are you sure that you're weren't watching a movie version of "Drunken Bakers"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Bakers

http://viz.co.uk/category/drunken-bakers/

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

DoktorLoken posted:

I know there was some crossover between ArsTechnica & SA people back in the day, dunno if anyone here was but: https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/peter-bright-charged-soliciting-sex-minors/

Don’t read the full details if you have children or value your sanity. 🤮

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1453317

Jesus. I always remember him trolling the poo poo out of the forums but god drat.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who was he on SA?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/dbbm52/status/1137349598899593216?s=19

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I promised myself I'd do some daydrinking today and that would have probably dealt with my doubts, but I bitched out and now remain excruciatingly sober over the drat decision over my promotion.

I've essentially come to terms with the certainty that I can't pass up on this job opportunity, but the fact that giving up on and "abandoning" the greatest work environment I've ever experienced is now a choice of mine as opposed to fate...it's just soul crushing.

Every rational fiber of my body is saying this is an excellent way to supercharge my career and end up with something love doing, but all my brain is doing is telling me I'm giving up the people I love.

poo poo loving sucks

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im turned 36 today and my back hurts.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

Im turned 36 today and my back hurts.

It only gets worse.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I promised myself I'd do some daydrinking today and that would have probably dealt with my doubts, but I bitched out and now remain excruciatingly sober over the drat decision over my promotion.

I've essentially come to terms with the certainty that I can't pass up on this job opportunity, but the fact that giving up on and "abandoning" the greatest work environment I've ever experienced is now a choice of mine as opposed to fate...it's just soul crushing.

Every rational fiber of my body is saying this is an excellent way to supercharge my career and end up with something love doing, but all my brain is doing is telling me I'm giving up the people I love.

poo poo loving sucks

You are leaving on your own terms with fond memories of what sounds like an amazing work environment. You're not being forced out, your current work environment didn't warp into something twisted with you always longing for what was in the past, and you are taking an opportunity to push yourself into bigger things. The relationships you built won't disappear just because you're not working together. They may change a bit, but they won't disappear.

You're not giving up on or abandoning anyone. You are seizing an opportunity.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

LingcodKilla posted:

It only gets worse.

Wait til you hit your 40’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I used to make fun of older folks thinking they were just dramatic and complaining

Nope, I get it now. Don’t have speed anymore so now my life is yoga—which also helps with all of the above.