Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yo i think some people are gonna be let down by how part 5's finale ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i wonder how long the wait for Stone Ocean is gonna be

I wonder if JoJolion will be done by the time the anime finishes SBR in 2040

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Anime Thread: Yeah it just kinda ends like that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Anime Thread: It's Fine, Let's Just Read SBR

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got to episode 33 and this thing with Diavolo jumping in and speaking Italian to Giorno is cool but it also kinda feels like the weakest of these cut ins after Part 3 and 4's.

Also doesn't help Traitor's Requiem kinda sucks.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

yo i think some people are gonna be let down by how part 5's finale ends
that's fine

I like it tho and that's really all that matters

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Guys. Guys.

I just had the greatest crossover fanart idea.

The entire cast of DiU

vs

Lavos

~1999 Day Of Lavos~

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Ok so the weird Warp mutation thing stopped after they killed Silver Chariot Requiem. I’d forgotten that there was an explanation given to that dumb poo poo, instead of just never being mentioned again.

Also I forgot that Spice Girl was ever seen again?

Honestly every single thing about this “fight” sequence is basically a blind watch for me since the poo poo translations and visual fidelity of the Buddhist Valley Scanlation didn’t do a great job of conveying to me that Diavolo’s soul was hiding in the gang and body-hopping, since while King Crimson is often just used as a stand-in for Diavolo himself for visual and talking scenes, it’s kind of confusing when everyone else’s internal thoughts are accompanied by a transparent image of their own real body next to their swapped body. Just like when the guys are superimposed over their new female bodies in Back Street Girls.

I think a few pages ago someone said that it would have been cool if the Diavolo persona “was” King Crimson?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Also I think I’ve decided I’m going to not read any more Jojolion till it’s done (last read around when that guy taught them to make tiramisu on his secret ski lift house) I think that to tie them in with the Pillar Men, the Rick Human leader should be revealed to be named Benjamin Ore.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Waffleman_ posted:

Due to Disney's licensing demands, the Stone Ocean anime will instead change it to the much less expensive Universal Studios

WHERE THE gently caress ARE MINIONS

Uh, actually, Stone Ocean takes place in 2011, a year after the first Despicable Me movie, and Anasui's rea

wait gently caress does that mean Bohemian Rhapsody made minions real??

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I want a list of poo poo Bohemian Rhapsody theoretically made real.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Would Bohemian Rhaspody bring anime characters to life

would they look like regular people

was pink dark boy brought to life

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Improbable Lobster posted:

Raoh and Kenshiro were brought to life so yes thanks to Bohemian Rhapsody, Anime Is Real.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
That also means Bohemian Rhapsody's effects were worldwide because I remember someone asking about this and characters were coming to life all over the world so.

That's gonna be fun to see animated.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Raoh and Kenshiro were brought to life so yes thanks to Bohemian Rhapsody, Anime Is Real.

don't forget astro boy!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
part 7 is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNrdnFu-kBo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Funky Valentine posted:

Not only were they briefly real, they faced off against one another as they did in the manga - as reported by various eyewitness sources.

Canonically, a lucky few got to experience one of the great shounen smackdowns firsthand. Then they died.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like to imagine he did and Rohan just quietly pushed him back into the comic he was drawing, shaking his head and blaming Josuke somehow.

Bad Seafood posted:

Not only were they briefly real, they faced off against one another as they did in the manga - as reported by various eyewitness sources.

Canonically, a lucky few got to experience one of the great shounen smackdowns firsthand. Then they died.

Could be worse, could have been Hanma Yujiro

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Imagine all the giant tits that were floating out of 6th graders’ notebooks

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Archenteron posted:

Could be worse, could have been Hanma Yujiro

Indeed, the miso is too salty.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I think a few pages ago someone said that it would have been cool if the Diavolo persona “was” King Crimson?

It pretty much is. He does get a body in the end, but for all intents and purposes, he's always a soul hiding behind another personality because he's so scared of being out in the open. That's also why he dies (over and over and over again) when he's finally stuck out in the open with nowhere to hide.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus posted:

I think Kira is a better final battle because of how many different characters get to contribute meaningfully to it, how many different Chekov’s guns from previous episodes come into play, and how desperate the fight feels down to it’s final moments. It really feels like a culmination of everything that came before it.

DIO vs Jotaro is a solid third place for finales tho.

(First place is Valentine, obviously)

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Absolutely.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know I just realized that Giorno's hair turned blonde because of DIO awakening his Stand but none of his brothers got the hair change.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

well none of them have stands named Golden Experience either

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
giorno also got all the Hot genes except maybe Donatello

Giorno and Donatello were blond, Ungalo we never see his hair and Rykiel is......bad....

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Augus posted:

well none of them have stands named Golden Experience either

Speaking of, it's gonna be amazing to read people bitching over how bullshit GER is in 4 days time. :allears:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Funky Valentine posted:

You know I just realized that Giorno's hair turned blonde because of DIO awakening his Stand but none of his brothers got the hair change.

No, it was Giorno awakening his own Stand like a few months before part 5 starts. He still has the black hair well into his teens until Gold Experience gives him Anime Hair.

Nephthys posted:

Speaking of, it's gonna be amazing to read people bitching over how bullshit GER is in 4 days time. :allears:

I know. :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'hey remember all that stuff you know and enjoy about the series. guess what it turns into dbz for this section instead.'

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what's dbz about ger

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't remember any part of dbz where anyone just gets an instant win button

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Part 5 should've ended with Mr. Satan showing up and helping Giorno gather energy for the Spirit Bomb.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The only DBZ JoJos is really OAV DIO Jotaro.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Nephthys posted:

I want to see a word cloud of any anime-only discussion of this next episode, and see how big the word "bullshit" is.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

since the finale of part 5 is gonna be delayed i personally lobby that the let's read of part 7 starts up sometime after this week's episode airs

part of that is because i'm impatient and want to advertise it to anime people (with very minor, spoiler bar'd, brief synopses of certain aspects to draw interest) and tell them how dope it is

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Johnny Joestar posted:

(with very minor, spoiler bar'd, brief synopses of certain aspects to draw interest)

"Yo you like Jojo but what do you think about Jojo WITH DINOSAURS"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I say wait until Part 5 is put to bed and maybe a bit after to let discussion of Rolling Stone play out.

I don't wanna sweep Part 5 under the rug like i'm ashamed of it, it's weird and not perfect, but let's at least wait till the body starts getting cold.

People also might not be gnawing at the bit to jump into an all new JoJo part too

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 2, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be clear i wasn't saying it to mean we should sweep part 5 under the rug, this is primarily because i'm an impatient bitch

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How much are you going to say about exactly why part 7 is rebooting to 1890, with an alternate Jonathan who isn't a 100% match and isn't even British gentry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki thought it was dope as gently caress and it is