Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Guess the thread:

Angepain posted:

there's only one correct transmission and that's my trans mission to grow honking gazongas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aphrodite posted:

Warcraft tried to be a Warhammer game.

They were making it anyway, and tried to get the rights to make it sell better but couldn't.

Ahh, that was the one :doh:.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

frankenfreak posted:

Guess the thread:

It doesn't even matter, that's an amazing post

E: I guessed wrong though

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It doesn't even matter, that's an amazing post
True, but it's a neat bonus.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is a very fuzzy recollection, but wasn't StarCraft originally a Warhammer game that lost the license, or am I thinking of something else?

Aphrodite posted:

Warcraft tried to be a Warhammer game.

They were making it anyway, and tried to get the rights to make it sell better but couldn't.

Better, Warcraft was gonna be a Warhammer game. Blizzard folks wanted control of their lore, and Games Workshop was worried that a virtual game would cut into their lucrative miniatures sales.

World of Warcraft still makes money hand over loving fist to this day.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

awesome we're having the conversation in this thread as well

soon all threads will be about games workshop. only one over-testosteroned military goon can save us...

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

soon all threads will be about games workshop. only one over-testosteroned military goon can save us...

He got probed for freaking out that someone wasn't sufficiently into Heinlein and/or Are Troops

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Somfin posted:

Better, Warcraft was gonna be a Warhammer game. Blizzard folks wanted control of their lore, and Games Workshop was worried that a virtual game would cut into their lucrative miniatures sales.

World of Warcraft still makes money hand over loving fist to this day.

And GW ended up licensing for video games anyway while almost destroying their minis business being absurdly insular and tight-fisted. I'm sure someone from TG can tell you more.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

:hmmyes:

quote:

Most annoyances aside, the overall worse experience I've ever had in tabletop would have to be during last years LGS 40k tournament. I was playing my 1000 point Necron army and my brother had his Chaos Space Marines.

Anyway, the drama occurred during an argument between the owner and one of the other players, a guy who had a very well painted Tau army. The guy had apparently lost versus a Dark Eldar player yet was begging the owner to let him stay in the tourney. People were asking him to calm down and the owner was being adamant about him losing; the guy he lost against took some verbal swings at him that he probably shouldn't have.

I was in the back of the store talking to another grognard when we both heard this loud popping noise from the front of the store. Turns out the guy drew a revolver and unloaded the whole thing at the owner. He promptly got tackled by these two hulking neckbeards.

Turns out the only bullet that hit got the owner of the place in the hand, almost taking out his pinky. The police got there pretty quickly, and the guys Tau army somehow disappeared in the process.

quote:

Typical Tau. Shoot the hell out of their enemies at range, but as soon as someone closes to melee, they go to poo poo. 

quote:

we've got a few military bases in close proximity down where I live, and apparently military dudes loving love 40k, so they make up like 90% of the player base here. between that and living in the south, I am shocked that I've never heard about something like this happening around here.

quote:

Soldiers probably have better sense than to gun down domestic shop-keepers.

quote:

Or at least hit on better than a 1 in 6.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i despise warhammer, i despise its propagators, i despise its consumers, i despise everything it stands for

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

the one 40k bideogame I played was pretty fun, you got to stomp heads

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bertrand Hustle posted:

the one 40k bideogame I played was pretty fun, you got to stomp heads

Space Marine? It was so over the top and it ruled

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

space hulk deathwing was great. zero plot beyond "purge all the xenos" but i understand that's the entire plot of wh40k anyway and it did a real good job of making you feel awesome stomping around in armor the size of a battle tank shooting bugs with a plasma cannon

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

canyoneer posted:

Edit: eh, you know what, I completely forgot how tone-deaf that video really is.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Part one looks cool.
Part two is cool.
Part three shows why a space marine would make John Wick look like Gomer Pyle.
Part four shows them against pee-level opposition.
just under 6 minutes total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

That's pretty much the entirety of 40K and that's the appeal of it. It knows how completely stupid and insane it is and just revels in it.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Only warhams I've ever thought worth the time popped up in another thread today:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jaguars! posted:

Only warhams I've ever thought worth the time popped up in another thread today:

I know nothing about how to play Warhammer, but I lol every time I see that picture.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

The subject might be specialized, but the theme is universal

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i despise warhammer etc

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jaguars! posted:

You know someone's a big fan of a game when they try to rules-lawyer themselves away from needing to actually play it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Guess the subforum this post is in!

Dimpleshit posted:

I used to smoke crack until I found this delightful little pill. They said I had ADHD, but I didnt and I take it. Well any of you guys had the problem of not being able to gently caress? Well help ol' Dimpleshit out willya!! Salve!!!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

EorayMel posted:

Guess the subforum this post is in!

I should have known it wouldn't be the obvious choices TCC or The Goon Doctor, but I wasn't expecting that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I should have known it wouldn't be the obvious choices TCC or The Goon Doctor, but I wasn't expecting that.

I mean, it does sound like he is experiencing a serious hardware problem.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Lobok posted:

I mean, it does sound like he is experiencing a serious hardware problem.

It's more software at this point.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Oscar Wild posted:

Face down, balls wave, that's the way I like to bathe.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I thought this was going to be about that article from a few years ago, where a woman was insisting that all men get into the tub in some weird, crab like way that immersed the balls last.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
What? How, er, wh... WHAT?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

HerStuddMuffin posted:

What? How, er, wh... WHAT?

https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/are-baths-too-hot-for-testicles.html

It's hilarious

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's absolutely bizarre that anyone would even have that thought

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Love to fully submerse myself in the bath, except for my balls peeking out like i'm Wayne Gretzky

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

what even in the world

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Lol if you don’t have Enrique gently cup your balls when you’re in the bath

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

You’re right, it is. Thank you.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it's like the tradwife version of your sister putting her hair up like she's going to put it in a ponytail, but then not

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Someone got paid to write this.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Oh my God, the drawings

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Rigging up a pulley system to keep my balls suspended above the bath water while I get into the tub. This is a completely normal thing that all men do.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I wonder how they think men shower. Just close the shower door with your balls outside and you're set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Just handcraft a shower cap for your balls.