Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pablo Bluth posted:

How long before 8 Cats Does Taskmaster?

Not terrible timing given I imagine C4 may be wanting to pivot hard away from Rachel Riley incredibly quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

mrfart posted:

Nobody mentioned Giri/Haji here? I saw one episode yesterday while flipping through the channels. It looks pretty good?

I’ve watched the first episode, it’s good. Plan on the rest.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I brought up Giri/Haji a few pages back, I really really enjoyed it for the most part. Episode 4 is very cool.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Not terrible timing given I imagine C4 may be wanting to pivot hard away from Rachel Riley incredibly quickly.

Lol, this sounds good. What’s she done now?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ineptmule posted:

Same poo poo, different day.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Dell_Zincht posted:

As far as i'm aware he did two episodes of Alan Davies: As yet Untitled but nothing else for Dave.

He's been on at least a couple of episodes of Dave Gormans new thing.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Fatty posted:

He's been on at least a couple of episodes of Dave Gormans new thing.

Oh yeah, haven't got around to watching that yet. Heard negative things though.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oh yeah, haven't got around to watching that yet. Heard negative things though.

He literally repeated a segment almost exactly across shows to the extent I thought I was going crazy till he acknowledged it. Guess you can do the same thing twice as long as you have different guests.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

ineptmule posted:

I

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Fuckin lol. Reminds me that you can be really clever, and totally dumb.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

RIP Gary Rhodes :(

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
New Big Night Out is on tonight!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Lemon posted:

RIP Gary Rhodes :(

He was dead to me when he cut his wonderful hair

But seriously rip

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Man it just feels like nobody anywhere on the internet is watching Apprentice or I'm a Celebrity this year. The reddits for both are basically dead, there's barely any tweets and etc etc.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's pretty true for all TV, we've had about 5 posts on HDM and nothing for War of the Worlds, which you'd think would be proper goon-fodder

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's almost like they're all poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

WotW has been stuck in Coming Soon hell since 2018, so it feels slightly weird that it’s actually here. I should probably watch it, but Rafe Spall turns me off.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

goatface posted:

It's almost like they're all poo poo.

They're not shitter than they were before though. I at least expected a bit of discussion on Reddit about them. I guess.

I had a look at digital spy but the people there are all loving old as hell and it's like seeing a discussion between a bunch of gammon

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I once posted on Digital Spy about the fact that I paid for Virgin Media for one room, but found if I hooked up a spare cable box up to the output in my bedroom I got the regular Freeview channels just with a card error message I had to ‘ok’ out of whenever I changed channel.

The general opinion was of disgust and how I should be ashamed for ripping off services.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

I once posted on Digital Spy about the fact that I paid for Virgin Media for one room, but found if I hooked up a spare cable box up to the output in my bedroom I got the regular Freeview channels just with a card error message I had to ‘ok’ out of whenever I changed channel.

The general opinion was of disgust and how I should be ashamed for ripping off services.

I got permabanned from Digital Spy, probably my proudest achievement on the Internet.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I've figured UKTV threads were dead because, like me perhaps, everyone effectively watches USTV through netflix/other streaming service/:filez:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in the US and do the opposite. I watch almost every UK comedy panel show that exists.

Speaking of, There's Something About Movies series 2 was a nice step up from series 1.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Aside from What We Do In The Shadows nothing really has grabbed my attention that much this year. I am still hoping we get another series of This Country.

iPlayer sadly is more or the less 'well I am feeling nothing on my Netflix list' tonight choice.

Also I cannot loving stand reality television, even in a guilty pleasure gossip sort of way. I still lurk here but nothing much to say.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I'm in the US and do the opposite. I watch almost every UK comedy panel show that exists.

Yeah back home I found myself burnt out on them, but now I’m away from home I’ve gotten back into things like HIGNFY, started watching Only Connect, and the odd episodes of things like WILTY and the Cats do Countdown etc.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I can't bring myself to watch those comedy shows now I know that half the people on them are shitheads who'd vote Tory, it stops being funny politics stuff and becomes too real to me.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Taear posted:

Man it just feels like nobody anywhere on the internet is watching Apprentice or I'm a Celebrity this year. The reddits for both are basically dead, there's barely any tweets and etc etc.

I haven't been watching the apprentice for the last few series but I just came here to see if anyone had been posting about it because this guy is on it and I don't think I've ever seen a LinkedIn profile that's actually made me want to commit a terrible act of violence before

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ryanmarkparsons

he's the toriest boy who ever lived

oh god it gets even worse when he opens his mouth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/4tS1HPmrqcR3dz8Vpb4HfvQ/ryan-mark-parsons

XMNN fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 1, 2019

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He hurt his foot by dropping £1000 of caviar on it

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Tory Boy 2.0

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

XMNN posted:

I haven't been watching the apprentice for the last few series but I just came here to see if anyone had been posting about it because this guy is on it and I don't think I've ever seen a LinkedIn profile that's actually made me want to commit a terrible act of violence before

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ryanmarkparsons

he's the toriest boy who ever lived

oh god it gets even worse when he opens his mouth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/4tS1HPmrqcR3dz8Vpb4HfvQ/ryan-mark-parsons

This actual child is 19 years old, this whole linkedin profile is the most ridiculous thing. Like look at you doing your loving work experience. Doesn't make you an intern.

e: If we're talking Apprentice, Thomas was very obviously toast from the start of last episode (with good reason) but I thought Pamela was going too. Not too sure why he got rid of Marianne instead, other than Pamela's business plan is better. Dean is really lucky to still be around. If Lottie wins it I will be irritated but she's a surefire interview ballsup firing, if she gets that far. I don't remember what Carina has done but she's getting away with it and I don't even remember who else is still there.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 2, 2019

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I'm certain Lottie doesn't win, but she's going to get to the end.
I'd assume Scarlett or....is she called Karina? will win because they're the "Normal" people who aren't exciting to watch.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

I've been enjoying His Dark Materials so far. Not sure why they've included some stuff from the second book in this series, other than that the diversions they've made from the original material seem understandable and relatively unobtrusive.

I think the casting of Lyra is fantastic, exactly as i pictured her in my head while reading the book.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Slash posted:

I've been enjoying His Dark Materials so far. Not sure why they've included some stuff from the second book in this series, other than that the diversions they've made from the original material seem understandable and relatively unobtrusive.

I think the casting of Lyra is fantastic, exactly as i pictured her in my head while reading the book.

The first two books are parallel, not serial.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Total Meatlove posted:

Yeah, if they matched exactly the books then any season 2 would get at least halfway through before Lyra popped up again. The appearance of Our World in the books is almost kind of a weird twist in that the second book just.. starts in our world with no hint of it ever having existed in the first book at all.

Could easily be offputting if you weren't expecting it, makes sense to start laying groundwork for it earlier on.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I’ve been watching Apple TV+’s The Morning Show, it’s politics are all over the place but it’s a decent character piece and well acted. But in the third episode in one scene there is a TV in the background, out of focus, that is clearly meant to be showing b-roll of some generic daytime television. But it’s not b-roll, if you pay attention it’s clearly This Morning with the Schof and Holly Willoughby, and they’re talking to that doctor they often have on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha nice, in a later episode I want him bursting into VT and calling everyone out for being imbeciles.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Total Meatlove posted:

They're really not. Lyra appears on page 20 of the Subtle Knife. They're not 100% sequential, but they're extremely close.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lottie might be the worst person I've ever seen in the Apprentice and it's interesting to see the other candidates loving hating her too.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Now let's be fair, Katie Hopkins was in the apprentice so she will always take the top spot of worst contestant.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Taear posted:

Lottie might be the worst person I've ever seen in the Apprentice and it's interesting to see the other candidates loving hating her too.

I've given up but I still love rubber necking, what's she doing to be so dreadful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

Now let's be fair, Katie Hopkins was in the apprentice so she will always take the top spot of worst contestant.

I didn't watch that season so.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I've given up but I still love rubber necking, what's she doing to be so dreadful?

She always says she's an expert at whatever they're doing. ALWAYS.
And then is really confrontational about what's happening every single step of the way.