Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Decided to read the first chapter of Zipman, and as soon as a giant robot trashing Tokyo showed up, i stopped reading for a second and put on the Power Rangers into as BGM. It elevated the chapter into becoming something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It might just be me, but I got a bit of a Mega Man, Mega Man X vibe from the robot designs in Zipman. The fact they he seemingly gains the powers of his enemies via their zippers only adds to this feeling.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
7 Deadly Sins

Okay, this all looked really neat. :)

Arthur, you didn't have a reason to apologize.
Meliodas indirectly killed you. Waking up from being dead and seeing the direct cause of your death is a pretty good reason to be pissed off.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mangastream probably got DMCA'd finally- their twitter and site went poof.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fabricated posted:

Mangastream probably got DMCA'd finally- their twitter and site went poof.

Hopefully JB is next.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Were they still getting scans before the magazines actually went out?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah. MS and Jaimini's Box along with anyone else translating weekly jump stuff were using raws stolen right off the presses.

This does nothing to stop the raws though. Even if Japan locks jump presses up like the mint, the Korean raws will end up being what everyone uses because those always get leaked at the same time.

If I had to guess, Jaimini's Box works from the Korean raws.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 19, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hopefully JB is next.

No, because they still are sitting on Peerless Dad, Birdmen, and Burning Effect. The middle of which I doubt would get picked up by anyone so instead of getting 2 chapters a year the dream would be dead.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Seems like it's also JB, as they're apparently dropping all Weekly Jump series.

EDIT:https://jaiminisbox.com/blog/2019/12/19/a-new-era/

Their announcement

FrozenPhoenix71 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 19, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some other group will probably start doing speedscans of WSJ series but this is pretty big.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Scalnlation scene getting hit hard. I don't mind most of it though, Manga plus works perfectly well and there are always smaller fringes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, I’m fine waiting a couple of days for manga plus. I’m waiting on Sunday’s for Act Age anyways so might as well wait for all the other jump manga, plus manga plus has the better scans anyways

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Well poo poo. If it was truly their choice and not due to copyright claims I wish they'd have given us a heads up. I'm like 20 chapters behind in TPN and I would've liked to read them over the holidays.

Any way to get them legally? I used to have a WSJ subscription but after they changed to something else they stopped charging me and I don't even know what I need to buy now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Viz has the backlogs of a lot of wsj series available for people with subscriptions, and free reading for most recent chapters. TPN is there

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you subscribe to WSJ through Viz it's $1.99 a month and you can read 100 chapters a day (which makes me wonder why they have a limit at all, unless it's just to keep bots from automatically scanning their archives and uploading them or something like that). That would include the entire back catalog of TPN.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That sounds like the way to go then. Thanks!

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Unless of course you live in Europe. Sigh.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTkFgj4dA1w

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doubt this'll stop the jump scans from happening but w/e

I just want to be able to read peerless dad and birdmen, which don't have official translations afaik. I guess solo leveling is fun too, even if it is kinda trash

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
JB said they're only stopping WSJ series so all of those should be fine.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Seems like it's also JB, as they're apparently dropping all Weekly Jump series.

EDIT:https://jaiminisbox.com/blog/2019/12/19/a-new-era/

Their announcement
Calling it We Can't Study until the very last moment. Scanlators to the end. RIP MS and Jam.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hopefully the MS and JB teams take this opportunity to focus on completing their community college Japanese courses

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

UnderFreddy posted:

Unless of course you live in Europe. Sigh.

I think if you just download the APK for the Viz app you can use it.

Works for me in Korea.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Welp, We Never Learn is done loving around

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Agravity Boys Chapter 3

This week's Agravity Boys takes a turn at tackling a serious issue.

Pattern broken! Higher dimensional being MIA.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

New chapter of Zipman is up.

Kaname doesn't seem to be aware that he's got a scary face so I'm not so sure if Cutie Charm guy's words about people judging you about your appearance even resonated with him. But even so, it's great he still understood the guy's desire to emulate his role model and all the effort he put into it.

Also the last two pages sure are a treat. Forget not-Star Platinum, that's one of the Watcher babies from Drakengard 1. :stare:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

New chapter of Zipman is up.

Kaname doesn't seem to be aware that he's got a scary face so I'm not so sure if Cutie Charm guy's words about people judging you about your appearance even resonated with him. But even so, it's great he still understood the guy's desire to emulate his role model and all the effort he put into it.

Also the last two pages sure are a treat. Forget not-Star Platinum, that's one of the Watcher babies from Drakengard 1. :stare:

The preview of future enemies seems to include Godzilla, Devilman, Mecha-Shiva, Devilman, and Optimus Prime!

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 22, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Zipman! Chapter 4

Zipman finally gets his name and we get a preview of future enemies including Godzilla, Devilman, Mecha-Shiva, Devilman, a giant baby, and Optimus Prime!

Not going to lie, when I saw the silhouettes I had flashbacks to Gantz.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

BEST GIRL WILL WIN. (Uruka)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Boom! Headshot!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mulderman posted:

BEST GIRL WILL WIN. (Uruka)
Have you never read Nisekoi? The fact that Uruka confessed first means she gets dumped first. All the other girls are confessing too remember?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

We Never Learn is better written.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Soooo...Zipman will be facing Optimus Prime at some point?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

And Godzilla!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhonne posted:

Mecha-Shiva

...as in Hank and Dean Venture?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Grouchio posted:

Have you never read Nisekoi? The fact that Uruka confessed first means she gets dumped first. All the other girls are confessing too remember?

Nooo shut up.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
From the Quintuplet thread.

Paracelsus posted:

If the childhood friend is the first new girl to be introduced into the MC's life, they will win, just the same as the first alien/goddess/party member/slave to do the same. If the childhood friend was already present in the MC's life, they will lose, because the story is about the new girl's relationship with the MC. If the childhood friend is introduced after the first new girl, the CF will lose just like all the other best girls. That's just how it works.

After some thought, make of this what you will.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 23, 2019

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

doomrider7 posted:

From the Quintuplet thread.

After some thought, make of this what you will.

We're going to have to break out some PhD level harem math to figure this one out. The initial two girls were already in his class so they aren't technically "new" and Uruka was still always going to school with him and was never "new" so she's out. So the only two options left to him are sensei and tiny sempai since they were actually new people who weren't part of his life before the story started. We always have to remove the actually correct answer which eliminate sensei so by process of elimination tiny sempai has to win.

Edit: I went back to verify my information and it looks like tiny sempai might have been the first to put the idea of Yuiga becoming a teacher in his head so that's worth a ton a points.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ethiser posted:

We're going to have to break out some PhD level harem math to figure this one out. The initial two girls were already in his class so they aren't technically "new" and Uruka was still always going to school with him and was never "new" so she's out. So the only two options left to him are sensei and tiny sempei since they were actually new people who weren't part of his life before the story started. We always have to remove the actually correct answer which eliminate sensei so by process of elimination tiny sempei has to win.

Edit: I went back to verify my information and it looks like tiny sempei might have been the first to put the idea of Yuiga becoming a teacher in his head so that's worth a ton a points.

I've never liked sensei pairings unless that's the point of the story. Like, I know that harems are blatant wish fulfillment by their sheer nature and thus not realistic in the slightest, but something about her being considered for end girl muh less being in the harem AT ALL just completely breaks almost all of my willing suspension of disbelief.