Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Speaking of capturing droids, once you've got some hacking computers up, you can totally straight up steal enemy surrogates. It takes a ton of hacking points but it's worth it to see a T3 surrogate reach your firing line, disconnect the user, connect your user, and report straight to surrogate storage :v: thanks for the gift, assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is Android Tiers++ compatible with Androids?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Leal posted:

Is Android Tiers++ compatible with Androids?

Tiers++ requires the base Androids mod

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This is what happens when 2 mods share the same name! I mean this one in particular:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541064015&searchtext=android

E: Like I wouldn't think they would conflict but programs are wack yo

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 19, 2020

Griz
May 21, 2001

that's something completely unrelated but someone in the comments there says it works with tiers/++ so there you go

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah "Androids" and "Android Tiers" and its spinoffs are completely compatible. I'm not sure you'd really want both since they kind of do similar things in different ways, but there's no reason they should interfere any more than any other two race mods. Whether that's actually the case probably depends a whole lot on your mod loadout and load order though. :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The dude who made Androids++ also made Power++, a mod that among other things has wireless power transfer between tiles and can power machinery in your base without needing cables. I havent tested it yet but since the same dude is involved, he made it so Androids can charge themselves wirelessly. It needs an incredible amount of power and infrastructure, and I dont know if they need to stop to charge wirelessly, but god drat if they can charge while on the go, they have basically no down time :stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My load order is a labyrinthine mess cause I decided for fun to just go "gently caress it" and install a bunch of poo poo. Androids, save our ship, several race mods, hygiene, rimsernal and all its mods, C'thulhu, sparkling worlds, giddy-up, questionable ethics, EPOE, roombas, like 5 different face, body and hair mods. Gonna make a complete loving mess of this next colony. I was thinking of throwing on rim magic but I feel its effects are a bit too crazy powerful. I got something like 75 mods on.

In fact lets fire up the game and see how long it takes to load.

E: 3 and a half minutes.

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 19, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

The only thing to be aware of is that if you're adding similarly-named mods like that, you might simply end up confusing yourself and wondering why, like, you can't recharge your Android with an Android Charging Station or something like that.

Leal posted:

My load order is a labyrinthine mess cause I decided for fun to just go "gently caress it" and install a bunch of poo poo. Androids, save our ship, several race mods, hygiene, rimsernal and all its mods, C'thulhu, sparkling worlds, giddy-up, questionable ethics, EPOE, roombas, like 5 different face, body and hair mods. Gonna make a complete loving mess of this next colony. I was thinking of throwing on rim magic but I feel its effects are a bit too crazy powerful. I got something like 75 mods on.

In fact lets fire up the game and see how long it takes to load.

Steam says I currently have 172 mods installed and it takes me like 13 minutes to load up to the main menu :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat I thought my 75 was nuts.

And its only gonna get bigger, here is a pretty cool looking mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1971860929

It adds windows so you can get light in buildings during the day, which was something that annoyed me. And as a bonus it will give the room a beauty bonus based on whats directly outside the window.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rimworld of magic is cool but yeah it's really powerful. Eventually you can basically magic all your problems away. Which is fair enough because yeah, it's magic, but it does break the game a bit.

It does at least make magic pawns count double for population, but they can do stuff that no amount of pawns can possibly make up for.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Rimworld of magic is cool but yeah it's really powerful. Eventually you can basically magic all your problems away. Which is fair enough because yeah, it's magic, but it does break the game a bit.

It does at least make magic pawns count double for population, but they can do stuff that no amount of pawns can possibly make up for.

My dreams of rimshadowrun have been dashed.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I just had a Priest rez like four people who died in a Mechanoid attack, it did take some work to do because I had to A) have a Priest with B) the Resurrection spell and C) down a bunch of Mana pots for it, but yeah being able to do things like that is hugely OP

Which I'm fine with because my mod list is a huge melange of nonsense and I've also got Jedi and Astartes fighting Xenomorphs and zombies and all kinds of things but, you know, different strokes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Actually, one mod that I've been wanting for a while and I wonder if it ever got made. Is there a mod that completely randomizes food choice for pawns? All these different food mods are neat and all but pawns typically beeline for the highest type they're allowed to eat which makes me not really bother with them.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

OwlFancier posted:

You can use the skymind to transfer consciousness between droids, so if you have one that's shot to poo poo rather than replacing the parts you can build a new chassis (or capture one :v:) and then transfer the mind.

But otherwise yeah you need the chips to start using the surrogate system, or the core to start playing with duplication.

I thought you needed the chips to even connect to Skymind? I had an antenna up, was selecting my androids and getting jack poo poo in the way of options.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Leal posted:

My dreams of rimshadowrun have been dashed.

I mean if you want you can restrict some classes or make them very very rare. Or conceivably you could install bigger threats to compensate. But if you get a good set of mages going you can basically make everyone into barely-eating or sleeping superhumans who can teleport all over the place and survive any injury and return from the dead. It's busted as poo poo.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I thought you needed the chips to even connect to Skymind? I had an antenna up, was selecting my androids and getting jack poo poo in the way of options.

No you can connect to skymind with droids with just a powered antenna unless it was changed very recently?

You just can't do very much with it other than mind transfers. Oh and using servers to boost your skills and do hacks and stuff, cos you can get lovely servers fairly early.

Have a look in the mod options and make sure the skymind stuff is enabled, you can also find out there that the skill point generators aren't generating direct skill points, they're generating skill point points, and when you get enough skill point points you can use them to buy skill points for skyminded droids, obviously :v:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 19, 2020

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm pretty sure once you have everything set up you just click on the android, click connect to the network and you should see the options come up. Same for pawns with the chips. Connect them to the network and then the options come up.

Had a bug where I downloaded an android into a T4 I captured and I was unable to set work priorities. Reloading and recruiting the T4 before downloading did work though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Had a raid going badly for me, radioed up my allies... who arrived via drop pod in the one roof gap in my mountain settlement, in the middle of my research lab/medbay. Immediately I get the messages "Raiders from (ally name) have decided to take what they can and leave", as they pack up my multi-analyzer, my high-tech bench, my radio, a hospital bed and the medicine that they didn't crush with falling rock and immediately depart.

So I had to gun them down? And now they're my enemies, which is working as expected, but what the hell?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Every time I do a largish mod reshuffle I start a new colony. I took out my ammunition mod, it made things interesting in the beginning by forcing a time limit on the starting guns... But it became tedious by the second year. Took out Fluffy Breakdowns as it just tied up my constructorbots for too long in a decent base, never was able to take both of them on a caravan.

Did all of the RimCuisine loops and it really fills in the flow of food to long term calories. Brewing is a nice timer that converts extra produce into super easy to liquidate silver making booze. Never had to put any grain or veg, or fruit in the freezer, every plant had a path to extend shelf life.

Added Android++ and SOS, but who knows if I'm going to explore that this run. I'm a bit sad that Android++ turns off the recreation for my bots. My favorite bot last run was the first T1 I built, I named him BluntBot, he stayed in the Dungeon Masters Lair all day watching TV, making blunts, then smoking those blunts to top off his recreation.

I just got done with my first 30 days. Namekians are an interesting half-step between human and bot, they just need water from the well I built in the fields and a bed to sleep in. Thinking about deemphasising food this run. There's some Alpacas outside my gate, I could probably just tame them and sheer them for wool to make my renewable trade fodder. I got coal for the medium term power gen, maybe this is the run I go Rimfeller and Rimatomics. I'm going to have to dig into the quarry mod, there arnt enough stone chunks on the ground and Savannahs don't have enough trees.

Edit: ^^^ dag, sorry. Looks like they were some fake friends. *🐍*

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
You can turn on t1/2 recreation in the options.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want to say it's Better Work Tab? That let's you shift click a job and set more granular priorities, I have my constructors set to build poo poo at priority one and maintain stuff at priority three, while the grunts maintain first and build third.

Speaking of delegating Charlie work, the mod "Nurse Job" separates feeding and washing patients into a different job than Doctoring, no more having your surgeon stop to feed someone while your best soldier is splattering blood onto the ceiling

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
couldn't get my heater corridor to work, so i uninstalled them and then periodically reinstalled them in places that needed heat as i expanded. this is how i learned, not catastrophically, that settings persist even when uninstalled because all my crafting rooms and prison happened to have heaters set at 700 fahrenheit. whoops.

i did end up opening up the corridor into a wide open area with no cover, and set up a host of staggered military turrets and searchlights that is satisfying if nothing else (but also very effective).

up to 8 dupes now and i feel like the map isn't giving me enough wildlife to support all these dorks on meat alone, so i've started farming as well.

using a bunch of mods and just figured out how to start Rimatomics which is uh, much more complicated than i was expecting.

i know this isn't going to work for much longer because eventually they'll stop sending a dozen guys with sticks at me, but also lol

Mister No fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 20, 2020

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
So, I got a sizable colony set up, which is cool, but I've got a few stupid rejects that are really annoying from a management perspective. One guy's depressive, another abrasive, that sort of thing. So, I get the idea that maybe I should make a reject island where these idiots can be mad at each other all day while I just clone good colonists back at the main base. It... uh... did not go well for reject island, mostly cause I forgot to have chaperones there to do work while they broke-brained themselves into catastrophe.

Between Androids++ and Questionable Ethics Enhanced, there's a few cool ways to specialize your colony. Messing around with high end stuff via debug, and so far the most OP thing is cloning folks with awesome traits and brain scanning good stats onto them, then using the clones to drive surrogates. The high end chips let one pawn drive six surrogates at a time! You can color code them with paint jobs! I might look at the "bio power" mod to see if I can shove the meat into those while they're piloting. You can put folks in cryptosleep, but you have to get them out if one of their bots gets merced and you want to replace them.

You could also upload them into the skymind then copy/paste them into blank androids. I feel like there should be more existential crisis in that, though.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Epsilon Plus posted:

Had a raid going badly for me, radioed up my allies... who arrived via drop pod in the one roof gap in my mountain settlement, in the middle of my research lab/medbay. Immediately I get the messages "Raiders from (ally name) have decided to take what they can and leave", as they pack up my multi-analyzer, my high-tech bench, my radio, a hospital bed and the medicine that they didn't crush with falling rock and immediately depart.

So I had to gun them down? And now they're my enemies, which is working as expected, but what the hell?
Did they go hostile because of the falling rock hurting them?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I havent tried cloning yet, but I kinda want to put a VX3 chip into my best soldier, clone him a bunch, and turn the clones into surrogates.

Alternatively, clone everyone you capture and let them go, then eventually attack their town with their cloned surrogates.

Come to think of it, it might be worth seeing if there's a suicide vest mod so you can drop pod a poo poo ton of clone bombs to soften up towns before your real soldiers land. Like those screaming headless dudes in Serious Sam

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

bobtheconqueror posted:

So, I got a sizable colony set up, which is cool, but I've got a few stupid rejects that are really annoying from a management perspective. One guy's depressive, another abrasive, that sort of thing. So, I get the idea that maybe I should make a reject island where these idiots can be mad at each other all day while I just clone good colonists back at the main base. It... uh... did not go well for reject island, mostly cause I forgot to have chaperones there to do work while they broke-brained themselves into catastrophe.

I like to do this with a satellite mining colony for plasteel and whatnot. So many graves, and some of them I got kind of attached to! Not as attached as the ones back at the comfy main colony, obviously. But it's like my experiment with playing "normally" instead of savescumming everything significantly undesirable. And the raids are never too bad because everything of value gets podded back to the main colony. I don't even bother building walls, let alone a killbox.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sounds like they saw an opportunity and took it.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Is there an updated list of good mods? I'm not looking for anything incredibly wacky just to add to the base game. Also, I saw on the workshop several fallout mods. Which ones are the decent ones?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Christ, the Alien v. Predator mod doesn't gently caress around, we just had a massive crisis that's already killed five colonists including my Priest :negative: because not only do the xenomorphs themselves pose a big threat, their acid blood does damage, facehuggers can infect people, AND you can get infected by breathing in spores, which rapidly grew abundant in the event I just had.

At least two more colonists are infected and I'm far too primitive to do anything about it. Just gotta wait, kill the neomorphs, and bury the dead. :gonk:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh man, there's too many mods and there's never been a list compiled on this thread for a long time.

If you want a load order that adds too much I used a steam collection called "Immersion +", but holy poo poo have I modified it beyond expectation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As always just load up the most subscribed/most popular lists on steam and just pick things you like the look of. Most of them are competently made and most of them work with each other too, so it's really just down to what you want as personal taste.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Cease to Hope posted:

give people machine pistols or LMGs, if you're not using a combat revamp mod. a lovely rapid-fire gun skills up ranged really quickly, even with zero passion for it

Not any more as far as I know. The training values were normalised vs firing speed and they all train the same, I think.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I think the only mods with broad ranging incompatibility are Combat Extended and the various mods introducing water like Dubs' Hygiene and its contemporaries. Other than that it's hard to find mods that'll break other mods which is nice.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
But! More bullets means more hits.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Thinking more on it, you could pretty easily combine Questionable Ethics' cloning and those VX0 chips into a powerful combo. Clone every colonist, make them a surrogate, have each colonist control their clone, then cryptosleep the original colonist. Effective immortality without the uncomfortable Soma vibe the skycloud uploading gives :v:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The new clones are still sapient beings though, aren't they?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey I said no uncomfortable Soma vibes specifically. It's still mad science

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anticheese posted:

The new clones are still sapient beings though, aren't they?

I believe that by default they aren't necessarily, you have to do extra steps to make them sapient? Not used QE before though I do have it installed, again one of the many mods I never get to before restarting from tribal :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know you have to scan a colonist's brain and apply it to the clone to get their skills back, but I dont know if the clone is conscious between when its born and when it gets the scan applied.

This game has spawned more ethical thought experiments than I'm comfortable with

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Danaru posted:

I know you have to scan a colonist's brain and apply it to the clone to get their skills back, but I dont know if the clone is conscious between when its born and when it gets the scan applied.

This game has spawned more ethical thought experiments than I'm comfortable with

Just wait for the day Dejawesp crashes back into the thread with some kind of organ-farm AI-enslaved gulag and you'll learn how petty your ethical concerns are :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh my god

Oh my GOD

I've never felt so much simultaneous excitement and dread. I must protect them all