Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Can't believe you've all forgotten the main similarity between EOTW and LOTR, which is the scene where all the men take a bath together after a long journey smdh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Can't believe you've all forgotten the main similarity between EOTW and LOTR, which is the scene where all the men take a bath together after a long journey smdh.

Only the best and hottest in Baerlon!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

If they do both the Winternight trolloc attack and Moiraine's Manetheren story the first episode will be reasonably representative, I think. You've got trollocs vs villagers, Matrix agent-style Myrddraal, some fireball-throwing from Moiraine, some really loving flashy destruction from Queen Eldrene. You gotta build up to the ghosts, ninjas, men in black and the dragon-riders.

Toss in some Baalzamon nightmare and E1 is a pretty solid hook.

Rand sitting up suddenly after he wakes up from the Baalzamon dream followed by a cut to credits seems pretty cliched, but it would probably look good.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

EvilTaytoMan posted:

How else do you learn how to blow the Horn of Gondor Valere?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

I'm curious to see how they'll do grey men in the show. I always liked the way they were casually written into background descriptions in the books, it'll be interesting to see how they adapt that on screen.

It'd be pretty neat if they're just always a little out of the preferred focal plane. They're just blurry all the time because you just naturally don't focus on them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DarkHorse posted:

It'd be pretty neat if they're just always a little out of the preferred focal plane. They're just blurry all the time because you just naturally don't focus on them.

Like literally just an extra

Don’t even credit him

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Data Graham posted:

Like literally just an extra

Don’t even credit him

Go old-school ninja style. Disguise him as a cameraman.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Boom mic operator shanks him just before a cutaway

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

seaborgium posted:

Rand sitting up suddenly after he wakes up from the Baalzamon dream followed by a cut to credits seems pretty cliched, but it would probably look good.

Depends on if they want to maintain the pretense of a Moiraine-centric POV through at least mid-season when it becomes super obvious Rand's the one of the kids who's the Dragon Reborn I guess.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/alloy_dr/status/1220833582651932673?s=20

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Noncanonical! Boo! Hiss!

If they even get to the end of the books in the show I really hope they either change it so Bela lives or Noel shows up riding her when the Horn is blown.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ok that would rule

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Are they calling him Bela?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Belo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Always showing big horse dick on a major character in every scene sure is one way to flex.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Invalid Validation posted:

Always showing big horse dick on a major character in every scene sure is one way to flex.

Look, gotta sex it up for the streaming audience.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Feminists are going to be up in arms over a male being hired to play a female character.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Have they cast Bela yet? Was talking to someone the other day about how they could make Rand's stable less "cringey wish fulfillment fantasy" and had the though that there's no reason why Bela couldn't be a stallion, right? :gay:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Have they cast Bela yet? Was talking to someone the other day about how they could make Rand's stable less "cringey wish fulfillment fantasy" and had the though that there's no reason why Bela couldn't be a stallion, right? :gay:

https://twitter.com/alloy_dr/status/1220833582651932673

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
It was in response to that, paraphrasing this earlier post:

Avalerion posted:

Have they cast Min yet? Was talking to someone the other day about how they could make Rand's harem less "cringey wish fulfillment fantasy" and had the though that there's no reason why Min couldn't be a dude, right? :gay:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Vavrek posted:

It was in response to that, paraphrasing this earlier post:

No way I can remember references all the way back from...*checks notes*...2 days ago.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ulmont posted:

No way I can remember references all the way back from...*checks notes*...2 days ago.

What, you have young kids too?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Invalid Validation posted:

Are they calling him Bela?

Bale

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Bela'gar

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
This strongly increases the odds this adaptation will make Bela the dragon reborn.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the fabled 6th thread of the source known as 'horse' will finally stand alongside earth, water, air, fire and spirit

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

mossyfisk posted:

This strongly increases the odds this adaptation will make Bela the dragon reborn.

Or, this adaptation is making the horse Archie is playing The Bela Reborn.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

the fabled 6th thread of the source known as 'horse' will finally stand alongside earth, water, air, fire and spirit

Poor old saidin, thought of ants and died

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Poor old saidin, thought of ants and died

Dammit it's extra funny because Nynaeve named one of her horses Gaidin.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress I wish I'd thought of that

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
this is kind of fun. second most popular in the sci-fi sport!

https://twitter.com/thedustywheel/status/1222076036172533760?s=20

Tomas seems to be the most popular guess.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Brolander posted:

this is kind of fun. second most popular in the sci-fi sport!

https://twitter.com/thedustywheel/status/1222076036172533760?s=20

Tomas seems to be the most popular guess.

Verin's first major scuffle is at Falme which would line up with the 4 episodes per book 8 episodes per season speculation. I mean, unless this is Tarwin's Gap and they shifted it to after the Aes Sedai delegation arrived at Fal Dara. Which is a wishful thinking thing, I don't put much stock in it.

"Couple hundred actors, stunt, and extras" would also line up better with Falme.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 28, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
There's still no casting information on Verin, right?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Lena Dunham is...Verin Mathwin

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Maybe they combined verint and alanna.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That would be super weird.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Alanna and her two Warders have been announced already, though. So Franzen is somebody else's.

They don't have to have announced every person cast. Some of the casting they announced last week have apparently been done and been shooting since November.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

How are u posted:

Lena Dunham is...Verin Mathwin

MODS?!?!

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I'm still slowly moving through TEoTW (been especially busy recently, and it's not like I don't have plenty of time to get this and maybe TGH finished before the first season lands ...) and there's other stuff that I'm re-noticing or whatever, or going to comment on with an eye towards the adaptation effort.

First Rand nightmare is so good I hope they just stick that in the series as-is. This comes right after Moiraine tells him the only place in the world that will be safe for him is Tar Valon, before everyone leaves Emond's Field.

So he's dreaming of Tar Valon, of walking into the city welcomed by all as a visiting savior. He tries to visit the outer city but every corner he turns he sees the White Tower, so he figures, fine, I wanted to go there anyway. He goes there, walks in, the door closes, bam, a Myrddraal greets him "we've been waiting for you".

God that would be so loving good on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Yeah that dream is really really good.