Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Why would you use UVC in hydroponics? That doesn't make sense? It would harm the plants, unless it was very brief exposure to kill fungal infections or something?

How serious was this growing operation?

Are you sure it's UVC and not just like UV spectrum?

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-ZeuB0pFo&t=146s

I seem to recall it being used to stress plants to make them better. (pretty sure it was a weed thing mainly).

Edit: Oh that's uvb and not necessarily a weed thing.
The UVC lamps were part of the water filtration system. As a final treatment before recirculating the water it was given a UVC bombardment, mainly to restrict algae growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

anatomi posted:

The UVC lamps were part of the water filtration system. As a final treatment before recirculating the water it was given a UVC bombardment, mainly to restrict algae growth.

We have a hydroponics thread by the way. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856830

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

yeah, Trump hasn't worn blackface

He definitely has. Search your heart, your know it to be true

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Of course we do! Nice. I've been kinda itching to get back into that stuff again.

Edit: Sorry for this off-topic bullshit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

cda posted:

He definitely has. Search your heart, your know it to be true

Nah, he's too busy wearing orangeface.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1247651313724403712

When Trump was saying “we don’t shut down the country for the flu” he was actually taking about the Spanish flu and saying the Covid19 was terrifying not saying it wasn’t a big deal.

they got him now

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a low moment from clinton like "what the definition of is is" is the best we can hope for from trump every single day

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

anatomi posted:

Of course we do! Nice. I've been kinda itching to get back into that stuff again.

Edit: Sorry for this off-topic bullshit.

I love learning random bits of stuff though always good for trivia!

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.

spacetoaster posted:

What's their hostility towards?

Considering that over the last two days we've more than doubled what we gave out in the last week probably the slight wait some people have had to endure. So it's felt more like working in a fast food drive thru, which might be bringing up some latent ptsd. Because of our system we generally only have between 35-30 breakfast and lunch packs to give out at a time, which is not enough to keep the line moving when say a bus rolls in followed by 15 individual vehicles with multiple kids inside all at once. No one's had to wait more than maybe five minutes max, but this is from no one having to wait more than thirty seconds last week.

One woman called one of my coworkers a dumbass and apparently pursed her lips like she was going to spit on her after she got the number of kids in the vehicle wrong. One person complained that I shouldn't be wearing a mask because he didn't think it was appropriate for me as representative of the school. A number of people are starting to become lackadaisical about keeping their distance from us if they walk to our stations. Otherwise it's just been people complaining about having to wait now. It feels less like a complaint about us in particular and more to do with the general tension. This is just a small town in the midwest with 25 cases and stores are still stocked with food. I'm waiting for general public behavior when the second wave of panic hits and people actually have real tangible reasons to worry.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Please remember the bloodlust rule gets you 3 days off. Don’t wish people to die folks. It’s performative and kinda sick. I’ll up it to a month for repeats.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

boar guy posted:

i think it's like 'if you need sustenance, go ahead and go to the store, but the ginger you need for the perfect fried rice can wait'

If we're reduced to making fried rice without ginger then the world really is done for

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

My niece had a COVID-19 scare this past weekend but it turns out it was asthma as the test came back negative.

Now she refuses to work at the Social Security offices since someone there tested positive... :(

bloom posted:

If we're reduced to making fried rice without ginger then the world really is done for

I've never made fried rice with ginger. The world's fine. :v: Just a little less ginger, that's all.

The oyster sauce and the two soy sauces (light and dark) is where it's at.

Also MSG.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
France joins Sweden in the “we’ve got to stop using the Trump cocktail. It’s killing people” club.

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/1247682413687222272

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

zer0spunk posted:

constant sirens are the most un-nerving part of this whole thing. i know i'm in one of the highest rate spots in the world, but i'd imagine everyone in a city right now is also feeling that too right

We had an ice cream truck driving around tonight. Eerie as poo poo. I don't think I've even seen one in a decade.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

ThermoPhysical posted:

I've never made fried rice with ginger. The world's fine. :v: Just a little less ginger, that's all.

Also MSG.

Add a little of this to your fried rice -

:chef:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

man it's totally unrelated but I just saw an article a couple days ago in some respectable newspaper where MSG was listed as one of the Horrible Things Inside Your Food and I can't believe it's still a thing to be scared of MSG

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Considering that over the last two days we've more than doubled what we gave out in the last week probably the slight wait some people have had to endure. So it's felt more like working in a fast food drive thru, which might be bringing up some latent ptsd. Because of our system we generally only have between 35-30 breakfast and lunch packs to give out at a time, which is not enough to keep the line moving when say a bus rolls in followed by 15 individual vehicles with multiple kids inside all at once. No one's had to wait more than maybe five minutes max, but this is from no one having to wait more than thirty seconds last week.

One woman called one of my coworkers a dumbass and apparently pursed her lips like she was going to spit on her after she got the number of kids in the vehicle wrong. One person complained that I shouldn't be wearing a mask because he didn't think it was appropriate for me as representative of the school. A number of people are starting to become lackadaisical about keeping their distance from us if they walk to our stations. Otherwise it's just been people complaining about having to wait now. It feels less like a complaint about us in particular and more to do with the general tension. This is just a small town in the midwest with 25 cases and stores are still stocked with food. I'm waiting for general public behavior when the second wave of panic hits and people actually have real tangible reasons to worry.

You are doing good work and should feel good about yourself.

Burt Sexual posted:

Please remember the bloodlust rule gets you 3 days off. Don’t wish people to die folks. It’s performative and kinda sick. I’ll up it to a month for repeats.

Could you please explain what you mean by 'performative'? I don't understand how the word applies. Do you mean that people don't really mean it?

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 8, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Play posted:

i hope you're all prepared for this to become canon for trumpbrains

I agree.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

d0s posted:

man it's totally unrelated but I just saw an article a couple days ago in some respectable newspaper where MSG was listed as one of the Horrible Things Inside Your Food and I can't believe it's still a thing to be scared of MSG

When people are burning down 5G towers to “stop corona”, I can totally believe that MSG fear is still a thing.

naem
May 29, 2011

I have 15 pounds of rice

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

According to my niece, the payments for Trumpbux start this week.

Also, Nebraska has dipped into funds to give more money for SNAP Benefits due to COVID-19. They're pushing people to just order from Amazon or Walmart.com to get food since they both take SNAP.

Carbon Thief posted:

Add a little of this to your fried rice -

:chef:

Lao Gan Ma is the best thing. The tomato one is very spicy though..and salty.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

d0s posted:

You should tell them about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They put a 5G tower up 3 blocks from my house and now my dick doesn’t work good

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Also is it considered bloodlust to hope people who gleefully sabotage social distancing to "stick it to the libs' suffer appropriate consequences? Or politicians who've done their best to make things as bad as possible?

yeah at this point I feel like it's coming from a place of frustration and anger rather than some desire to be super edgy on the internet and it's usually easy to tell the two apart. like ok yeah when someone starts writing some detailed thing about how how they're itching to gun the poo poo out of people it's a good idea to get rid of them, but a lot of the "bloodlust" is actually wishing all the people actively trying to cause actual death and suffering in the real world would be impacted by it themselves

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

naem posted:

I have 15 pounds of rice

what kind

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird with big dick posted:

They put a 5G tower up 3 blocks from my house and now my dick doesn’t work good

Report closed: cannot reproduce

naem
May 29, 2011

jasmine and brown

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
:kramers in: if theyre gonna eat fish aquarium pills i dont think its perfomrative it is just funny.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

naem posted:

I have 15 pounds of rice

how many sardines though?

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Deacon Burt has spoken

*from the GOON CURCH*

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Burt, if they eat the fish pills of their own discretion, may we LOL at them?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Burt Sexual posted:

What if we merely wish they get sick enough to be hospitalized, but then recover? Needs, and gets, a ventilator so they can be completely certain that Covid-19 is real and serious.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

naem posted:

jasmine and brown

You're mostly looking at rice as a side dish with those.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Derpies posted:

Burt, if they eat the fish pills of their own discretion, may we LOL at them?

Is that wishing death on someone? If not it’s ok!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DreadLlama posted:

Does anyone sell UVC LEDs? Asking for a friend.

Basically, no. They are not powerful enough to do poo poo yet and are super expensive. For now you have to stick with UVC fluorescent like in aquarium water purifiers. Enjoy your skin cancer.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Burt Sexual posted:

No so we are good to go boys, MEAT IS BACK ON THE MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Derpies seems to be reallllly focused on fish pills..... hmm

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

My Shoes posted:

Derpies seems to be reallllly focused on fish pills..... hmm

I have big stonks on Petco rebounding

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also MSG.

You're missing out. A small bit of fresh ginger is a must

Agreed on oyster and soy sauces though, gotta have those as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mnoba posted:

You can't say there is no benefit just as much as I can't say there is benefit until the studies are complete.

You misunderstand; many studies are already complete and showed no benefit. A few showed a benefit but didn't have a control group. The conclusion you should draw from this is that there's no benefit in general, but maybe further study will find one under more specific circumstances.