Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008
Some real piss-poor planning right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Platystemon posted:

The prisoner is a merc who made a very poor show of amphibiously invading Venezuela.

It’s the stupid Bay of Pigs to the stupid Watergate.

The AP ran an article about them two days before they launched the invasion and they went anyway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Everything is so god damned funny all the time

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They took a loving airsoft with them

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The revolution will not be tweeted

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
"You will not be able to stay home, blogger.

You will not be able to dial up, log in and cop out.

You will not be able to watch the revolution unfold on your RSS feed because the revolution will not be tweeted.

The revolution will not be tweeted; the revolution will not cost ninety-nine cents from iTunes; the revolution will not appear on Fark, Digg, Reddit or Metafilter, nor be brought to you by Randall Munroe, Ben Croshaw, Jack Thompson, Ron Paul or Stephen Colbert. The revolution will not be tagged "nsfw" or locked for editing by newly-registered users due to persistent vandalism."

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

That is an uh interesting opsec strategy

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

US Berder Patrol posted:

The sheer incompetence of it all is amazing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

VanSandman posted:

The sheer incompetence of it all is amazing.

It’s a knockoff Bay of Pigs for a discount Nixon. I will not at all be surprised to learn that this had US government backing.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

US Berder Patrol posted:

The Merc company tweeted it at Trump as they launched the attack. Honestly they seemed to have a staggering contempt for the Venezuelan government and assumed they didn't know how to access the AP wire or how Twitter works. Also they seemed to feel that just showing up would touch off a wave of popular revolution that would destroy the government in days. Everything about this was so staggeringly stupid that it's amazing. I suspect we're gonna find much more WTF from these idiots soon.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Deffo has the vibe of some dudes who legit buy into American exceptionalism and homegrown propaganda.

As far as I've seen, Silvercorp started as a group of undercover counterterror operators to be planted in schools as teachers for a $10/mo per parent subscription fee which is already so :911:/:freep:

e. was that a legit airsoft rifle, or just one with a painted tip in a quarter-assed attempt of plausible deniability? Airsoft mags have a slightly different profile (not that you can conclusively measure it with the crappy resolution photo) but won't fit in an AR magwell. Nothing is beyond possible anymore but I imagine one of the gun-fuckers would have noticed mags don't fit while bombing up.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 6, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Midjack posted:

It’s a knockoff Bay of Pigs for a discount Nixon. I will not at all be surprised to learn that this had US government backing.

Maybe the RW will turn on trump for failing to support them enough!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

Deffo has the vibe of some dudes who legit buy into American exceptionalism and homegrown propaganda.

As far as I've seen, Silvercorp started as a group of undercover counterterror operators to be planted in schools as teachers for a $10/mo per parent subscription fee which is already so :911:/:freep:

e. was that a legit airsoft rifle, or just one with a painted tip in a quarter-assed attempt of plausible deniability? Airsoft mags have a slightly different profile (not that you can conclusively measure it with the crappy resolution photo) but won't fit in an AR magwell. Nothing is beyond possible anymore but I imagine one of the gun-fuckers would have noticed mags don't fit while bombing up.

someone zoomed in on the logo on the side and it looks like a prominent airsoft manufacturer's mark. Look near the bottom of the bellingcat article for the comparison.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Guest2553 posted:

Oh, they are those guys. Yeah, we're not even scratching the surface of stupid those guys hit. They got asked about what happens during a school shooting if they shoot a member of law enforcement. Their reply was it was acceptable collateral damage. That didn't make them a lot of friends.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Midjack posted:

someone zoomed in on the logo on the side and it looks like a prominent airsoft manufacturer's mark. Look near the bottom of the bellingcat article for the comparison.

Holy loving poo poo :laffo: I hope some Columbian teenager made bank selling it to them for a few G's.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nice of those cops to shield their MRAP with their bodies.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Paradise PD was a documentary

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
There's a gofundme campaign going to buy them a treadmill

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Syrian Lannister posted:

There's a gofundme campaign going to buy them a treadmill

Now that's fuckin' funny right there, if true.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

windshipper posted:

Now that's fuckin' funny right there, if true.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_0RRlrJw9T/?igshid=g3tje4gu10u

They did pull it unfortunately

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 6, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

someone else said it but the airsoft is probably for training although who loving knows the entire thing is so loving hilariously dumb I can't really figure out what they were trying to do

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Coup d'étinkle

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I can see the silly walk they’re doing even though this is a still image.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

PookBear posted:

someone else said it but the airsoft is probably for training although who loving knows the entire thing is so loving hilariously dumb I can't really figure out what they were trying to do

I read the article that came out the other day before this all went down where basically they spilt the beans in advance... the mentioned them literally training with cut down broom sticks in lieu of rifles in Columbia....

“Mattos said he was surprised by the barren conditions. There was no running water and men were sleeping on the floors, skipping meals and training with sawed-off broomsticks in place of assault rifles. Five Belgian shepherds trained to sniff out explosives were as poorly fed as their handlers and had to be given away.”

http://www.wboc.com/story/42080529/ex-green-beret-led-failed-attempt-to-oust-venezuelas-maduro

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Who let Scully and Hitchcock out of the precinct?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So a couple things about that gear in the pictures. A fellow gear nerd (xthetenth) and I were looking over what they had.

First, those plate carriers are almost definitely extremely cheap airsoft stuff. Combined with the lower face masks and the fact that a later smuggler was arrested with more equipment on its way that only had three Crye PCs, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were going in with basically $20 Evike poo poo.

Second, those "stocks" on the AR-15s look like they're actually pistol braces of the kind used to skirt the NFA. These guys were making sure their rifles were civilian legal in the United States for doing a coup as mercenaries.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/wjxt4/status/1258216309172711425?s=20

Good dog

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

nullscan posted:

Who let Scully and Hitchcock out of the precinct?

Courtesy of Twitter:

Whopper, Texas Ranger
Starsky & Hutt
Magnum BMI
21 Sit Down A Lot Street
Lardians of the Galaxy
Paunch and John
Drag-gut
Hill Street Moos
Adam-12 Piece Bucket of Extra Crispy and a Diet Coke
Simon and Simon and Simon and Simon and Simon
Law and Order: BLT
Relleno 911
Brooklyn 299

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
should've been law and order a pizza

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

chitoryu12 posted:

Second, those "stocks" on the AR-15s look like they're actually pistol braces of the kind used to skirt the NFA. These guys were making sure their rifles were civilian legal in the United States for doing a coup as mercenaries.

Since I know non-military/non-gun owner people enjoy reading this thread, I'll point out that this is especially funny because it takes like 10 seconds to turn a couple of Completely Legal gun parts (an upper receiver with a short barrel and a lower receiver with a full shoulder stock) into a Completely Illegal Unregistered Short Barreled Rifle if you really wanted to. What they did is like making sure your car insurance is valid on the getaway car for your bank robbery.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Since I know non-military/non-gun owner people enjoy reading this thread, I'll point out that this is especially funny because it takes like 10 seconds to turn a couple of Completely Legal gun parts (an upper receiver with a short barrel and a lower receiver with a full shoulder stock) into a Completely Illegal Unregistered Short Barreled Rifle if you really wanted to. What they did is like making sure your car insurance is valid on the getaway car for your bank robbery.

I feel like I've seen this gag somewhere, the getaway driver keeping to the speed limit, signalling properly, driving the robbers mad in the process.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If you don't obey traffic signals in GTA what are you even doing with your life

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

shame on an IGA posted:

If you don't obey traffic signals in GTA what are you even doing with your life

The fact that I’m not able to use my turn signals in GTA drives me bonkers

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
i think it was up to Vice City that the cops would chase you for running a red light and speeding

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

not caring here posted:

i think it was up to Vice City that the cops would chase you for running a red light and speeding
Mafia 1 was like this and even had a speed-limiter button so that the cops wouldn't pull you over. The cars had turn signals too

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Mafia 1 was like this and even had a speed-limiter button so that the cops wouldn't pull you over. The cars had turn signals too

I've only played the third one, which was loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I've only played the third one, which was loving great.

the first was the best by far and every time i buy a mafia game. 30s/40s mafia best mafia