Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Empty Sandwich posted:

I would teleport over, then cast invisibility

edit: and silence 15' radius

Zone of Sweet Air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bad Munki posted:

Zone of Sweet Air

I'm not a cleric :smith:

(also, :lol:)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

you better be sure as poo poo you have enough TP before you start kuz you're locked out of any TP once the platform goes down.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I wonder how close the sink is, because I don't see one of those tank-top installs? Maybe I'm wrong (hopefully).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think you can see the sink peeking out behind the corner, upper left of the toilet seat? Which would be even more terrible?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I forwarded this pic to my family, and my father pointed out the handles above the throne

I assume the spray bidet is heated, but I want to believe this room is also a shower, even though there's no drain

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What do you mean there’s no drain?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bad Munki posted:

What do you mean there’s no drain?

am I missing a floor drain?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Modern art has gone too far

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Empty Sandwich posted:

just aim the shower runoff into the toilet, stupid!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Empty Sandwich posted:

I would teleport over, then cast invisibility

edit: and silence 15' radius

Invisibility breaks when you take action, I'd be wearing my two rings and pauldron that combine for 100% Chameleon. And my Levitate pants, of course.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Neighbors piling dirt and building retaining wall on property line. (self.legaladvice)

quote:

I'm located in Roswell, Georgia. My neighbors just tore down a shared fence, graded their yard to be 5 feet higher at the property line and built a retaining wall 5 feet high on the property line to hold all of the dirt. Essentialy they graded their property from a gentle slope to be flat and now their yard is 5 feet higher at the property line. While doing this, they also tore down the shared fence on the property line. I know where the line is as I verified the property stakes. The wall is literally on the property line where the fense once was.

The neighbors are in the middle of the work and I just discovered it today. I told the neighbor I am concerned about flooding on my property, maintenance of the wall as any maintenance requires trespassing on my property and impact to my property if the wall fails. I also told the neighbor I am calling the city to inspect their work. My understanding is it's not legal to grade the property higher at the property line and any retaining walls must be set back from the line.

Am I incorrect for calling the city to inspect? What other actions should I take to protect my property from future damage, flooding from the wall?

Before:

After:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dareon posted:

Invisibility breaks when you take action, I'd be wearing my two rings and pauldron that combine for 100% Chameleon. And my Levitate pants, of course.

I guess if your poo poo counts as an attack

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Neighbors piling dirt and building retaining wall on property line. (self.legaladvice)

Before:

After:

lol there's nothing tying that wall to the soil anywhere, at least not that I can see. That thing's gonna come down in the first big rain storm.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No place for machine guns, no barbed wire on the perimeter, just the worst breastworks I ever did see.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Empty Sandwich posted:

Just open the door

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Motronic posted:

lol there's nothing tying that wall to the soil anywhere, at least not that I can see. That thing's gonna come down in the first big rain storm.

Given the rain that came through ATL last night it probably already has.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dareon posted:

something something Bigby's Grasping Hand

The Bloop posted:

I guess if your poo poo counts as an attack

an attack of diarrhea!

which segues naturally into how that wall will not be retaining any mud

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Before:

After:

The neighbors are in the middle of the work and I just discovered it today.

How, how did the work get this far and he JUST noticed this?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mattfl posted:

The neighbors are in the middle of the work and I just discovered it today.

How, how did the work get this far and he JUST noticed this?

It’s not that hard to do this time of year if you come home in the dark, after the crew has left.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Platystemon posted:

It’s not that hard to do this time of year if you come home in the dark, after the crew has left.

Also if they were grading and the fenceline was done last I could see a lovely retaining wall/soil laid in over a single day by a poo poo contractor.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Before:

After:

Do they have some big rear end poles rammed into the ground on the inside or something to keep it from going places, or did they just plop it down on top of the dirt and pray?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Do they have some big rear end poles rammed into the ground on the inside or something to keep it from going places, or did they just plop it down on top of the dirt and pray?

Search your heart, you know the answer.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Lovely Horse posted:

why. how. is there, in any fashion whatsoever, a door.

It looks like there might be a curtain. There's a little flap of fabric at the top of the picture that could be a curtain pulled out of the way.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Even if they do, that's not the correct way to stabilize the type of retaining wall and won't work. That style wall is held in place with multiple "deadmen" that look like this:

Even after the wall has been backfilled you'll be able to see where these were installed and tied into the face of the wall because there will be a 4x4 (6x6, 8x8 whatever) end grain in the field. I can't find any in the pictures provided other than on corners, which obviously doesn't serve the same purpose.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ummmm

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's going to be even more expensive to remove before redoing the whole roof, right?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
It's just a close-up of a felt hat.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

That's going to be even more expensive to remove before redoing the whole roof, right?

Ripping out asphalt shingles goes pretty quick -- you just stick a pitchfork underneath 'em and pull them out.

That could easily have been worse. Like, it at least looks like it ought to keep water out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Gets heavy enough then the rotted boards under won't be as load bearing.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

It does look like an awkward spot to shingle. I don't think standard asphalt shingles are meant to go around curved roofs like that. But there is still a right way and a wrong way to make something not fit to purpose work, and this way isn't right.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yeah, I think you're supposed to cut the shingles into triangles so they all line up as rows.

I mean, I probably couldn't properly roof a rounded palisade or whatever, but I've seen it done properly, and it did not look like that.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

My Lovely Horse posted:

why. how. is there, in any fashion whatsoever, a door.

e: I'm not so sure this is a spiral staircase or perhaps rather supposed to be a spiral staircase.

The fabric at the top is the "door" I think. Normally, having a thin piece of fabric for a toilet door would make me uncomfortable but, well, everything about it is uncomfortable. Jesus.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I don't like heights so I'd probably pee my pants before reaching the toilet. The door becomes kind of moot at that point.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
What's the original source of that horrible toilet?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

What's the original source of that horrible toilet?
Hubris, for which the gods drove the designer mad

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Motronic posted:

Even if they do, that's not the correct way to stabilize the type of retaining wall and won't work. That style wall is held in place with multiple "deadmen" that look like this:

Even after the wall has been backfilled you'll be able to see where these were installed and tied into the face of the wall because there will be a 4x4 (6x6, 8x8 whatever) end grain in the field. I can't find any in the pictures provided other than on corners, which obviously doesn't serve the same purpose.

The balls on that neighbor:

quote:

I told my neighbor that I would call the city on Monday as they are closed on the weekend.

He responded that he would call and I shouldn't call. I told him that we will both be calling then. He then tried to guilt me into thinking that calling the city would be mean thing to do.

As I search the codes more... The retaining wall he built is also wood. Which apparently isn't code for it's height regardless if he has permits or an engineered design.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
anyone crossposted this yet?

perepelki posted:

in other news, i was looking at real estate in crimea yesterday for various reasons and discovered that crimean interior design is unimaginably powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

MisterOblivious posted:

The balls on that neighbor:

Oh man gently caress that guy. That wall will last a while but not forever, and when it fails its just going to slough into the neighbors property.

The Crimean decor is bold, yet not overdone. I like it honestly. It's like if the doom bathroom was ratcheted down from a 10 to like a 7.