Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

the audacity of this dug in bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Artists
Nov 13, 2008

Unknown Album
Untitled
***--

Rytheric posted:

This is an aquaponics experiment with rice that iwas doing for a Mars Society research group i found.

Looks like you should just make your truck a grow-op

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

StealthArcher posted:

the audacity of this dug in bitch

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Various Artists posted:

Looks like you should just make your truck a grow-op

We already went over the idea of my aquaponic fish aquariums in the honk discord. They told me it was a bad idea cause of water physics or something.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
What is going on with the normal looking house behind the murderhaus? Do you have neighbors living that close?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Rytheric posted:

This took some digging through my tinder and bumble profiles since I buried my last phone at the beach and lost it and all the good pictures I had of my boats, so I only have a few of me sailing. So here we go with some extras.

So this is the Seacat. It is a flat back canoe that I quickly turned into a sailboat after I discovered water and boating when I came down from the rural mountainous foot hills of West Virginia to the beautiful coastal plains of North carolina. This is not my SHTF boat.

This is me relaxing while sailing in the Seacat.

This is me taking a sailing course at the yacht club near the land of MurderHaus.

This is the Seven Seas. I dont have any sideviews of the boat unfortunately as I never fell overboard, and I dont have my helicopter yet. There are technically three places I can sleep in the Seven Seas and it has a kitchen and a place to put a 5 gallon bucket when I dont feel like making GBS threads in the sea.

Random other tid bits I found on the photo search.

This is an aquaponics experiment with rice that iwas doing for a Mars Society research group i found.

This is the great scarf I made during my hobo phase. Cat for size.

is your sailboat even large enough to have a shitter??? It looks like the cabin is barely large enough to store the sails. Your rigging also sucks, sorry about that

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

two_step posted:

What is going on with the normal looking house behind the murderhaus? Do you have neighbors living that close?

Its okay. They know to keep their mouths shut. Just kidding. Yeah the yellow house, my property boundary goes through a corner of their living room. I need to fix that. Thinking of having some privacy fensing of some sort of berry probably.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Recoome posted:

is your sailboat even large enough to have a shitter??? It looks like the cabin is barely large enough to store the sails. Your rigging also sucks, sorry about that

Its 21 feet long. So yeah its a small sailboat. I like them small though. The previous owner tore out the shitter and patched the hole.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So anyone want to start an over/under for the number of bodies on that land?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Reik posted:

You definitely need to design a system where you can back the truck up to the shitter and deploy a tunnel like a space shuttle docking with the ISS. How else are you gonna poo poo during a blizzard?

any cabin owner from scandanavia will tell you that you just shovel a path to the outhouse. Having heat in the outhouse is more important than having a tunnel.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So anyone want to start an over/under for the number of bodies on that land?

Current or future?

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Ry, your boats look rad and I'm rooting for you

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Mr. Nice! posted:

any cabin owner from scandanavia will tell you that you just shovel a path to the outhouse. Having heat in the outhouse is more important than having a tunnel.

You mean the shitter won't produce its own heat? Maybe i should throw some composting stuff in there.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Post more pictures of the cat. Thanks.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Recoome posted:

lol nerd

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

This reminds me of a time on deployment years ago. We were assisting a stranded Pakistani fishing dhow in the indian ocean. Our visiting team went to get onboard, check to see if they could get the engines running, assess the situation, etc. The dhow was rocking like a motherfucker in the giant swells, though. We watched via cameras while they were climbing on a pilot's ladder that was swinging at least 10 rungs in and out of the water. The team essentially could step on the top step of the ladder when the dhow would rock towards them.

One of our guys got a little seasick and had to poo poo. The dhow just had a traditional head up front, so he got to squat over a hole while wearing full battle loadout rocking back and forth and poo poo his guts out. By that point it was dark out so we got to watch him poo poo on the infrared. It was awesome.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Rytheric posted:

since I buried my last phone at the beach and lost it

:thunk:

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Mr. Nice! posted:

This reminds me of a time on deployment years ago. We were assisting a stranded Pakistani fishing dhow in the indian ocean. Our visiting team went to get onboard, check to see if they could get the engines running, assess the situation, etc. The dhow was rocking like a motherfucker in the giant swells, though. We watched via cameras while they were climbing on a pilot's ladder that was swinging at least 10 rungs in and out of the water. The team essentially could step on the top step of the ladder when the dhow would rock towards them.

One of our guys got a little seasick and had to poo poo. The dhow just had a traditional head up front, so he got to squat over a hole while wearing full battle loadout rocking back and forth and poo poo his guts out. By that point it was dark out so we got to watch him poo poo on the infrared. It was awesome.

Such a legend story mate.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mr. Nice! posted:

that’s how operators poo poo

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Rytheric posted:

since I buried my last phone at the beach and lost it

every little throw away clause in OP's posts all look like this and i have enough questions for a thread of my own for all of them

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Post more pictures of the cat. Thanks.

Only other thing I have about my cat are videos from kitten hood, me leash training her, and an explanation of how I taught her how to play fetch. Id have to create a throw away YouTube account or something not to doxs myself unless there is another way to share videos.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i think you'll need a throwaway youtube account to post all the :orb: videos from the murderhaus anyway, may as well get a jump start

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i think you'll need a throwaway youtube account to post all the :orb: videos from the murderhaus anyway, may as well get a jump start

Thanks to eve echoes I now have a non bank related burner email so i can make a throw away channel. I dont know what my dad was thinking when he let me name my bank account and email after my everquest characters when I was a kid.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Rytheric posted:

So here are the building requirement for the TimberShitter

And this is how the county interprets it to look like (this is not infact how it is going to look like)

Hello OP. Just curious what state you live in that allows an open pit latrine on a residential property? Aren't you required to get a percolation test for a septic or sand mound?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rytheric posted:

Only other thing I have about my cat are videos from kitten hood, me leash training her, and an explanation of how I taught her how to play fetch. Id have to create a throw away YouTube account or something not to doxs myself unless there is another way to share videos.

You can splice and upload to https://www.gfycat.com to make them gifv files

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

D-LINK posted:

Hello OP. Just curious what state you live in that allows an open pit latrine on a residential property? Aren't you required to get a percolation test for a septic or sand mound?

It says which state in the code I listed.

So serious talk. Basically the spirit of this code is for pre-existing houses that were built prior to the preference for indoor plumbing (i can go on a rant about this) where houses were built on non percing land. Or for cabins. The state or county currently requires that newly constructed houses have indoor plumbing and running water which includes a way of handling that waste and thus requires a perc test if city water is not available. However pre-existing houses are grandfathered in instead of condemned. My state now has residential codes regarding tiny houses which may shift this preference in the future. Hopefully. Which is a good thing because it is a grave injustice that has led to land being effectively unusable.

My land was determined not to perc by the county 30 years, however, I am an environmental consultant and geotechnical engineer assistant and have worked extensively with soils for years so i surveyed the soil.

The county decided that it did not perc due to saprolite close to the surface (the original owner cut all soil layers down to the saprolite prior to building the church so they didn't have to do extensive foundation work) during my survey however I noticed that sections of the property were actually nonsaprolitic. Particularly where the bamboo forest currently resides. In addition to that bamboo requires a well draining soil to grow suggesting that the bamboo area perks. On top of that there are two privy pits on the property. One retains water, while the other does not which suggests that one privy sits on top of percolating soil which reinforces the idea that the bamboo is growing in a percolating area.

Based on this evidence, I have hired a soil scientist to come out and characterize whether that area percs enough or not for two one bedroom houses or not, and if not to engineer an alternative for me. If there isnt a solution though, it doesnt matter cause city water is headed that way in a decade anyway.

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 2, 2021

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

PLease do not put a fire pit inside your box truck house, OP

lmao film it bro

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

:patriot:

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Kaysette posted:

that’s how operators poo poo

As an operator, this disgusts me.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Rytheric posted:

It says which state in the code I listed.

So serious talk. Basically the spirit of this code is for pre-existing houses that were built prior to the preference for indoor plumbing (i can go on a rant about this) where houses were built on non percing land. Or for cabins. The state or county currently requires that newly constructed houses have indoor plumbing and running water which includes a way of handling that waste and thus requires a perc test if city water is not available. However pre-existing houses are grandfathered in instead of condemned. My state now has residential codes regarding tiny houses which may shift this preference in the future. Hopefully. Which is a good thing because it is a grave injustice that has led to land being effectively unusable.

My land was determined not to perc by the county 30 years, however, I am an environmental consultant and geotechnical engineer assistant and have worked extensively with soils for years so i surveyed the soil.

The county decided that it did not perc due to saprolite close to the surface (the original owner cut all soil layers down to the saprolite prior to building the church so they didn't have to do extensive foundation work) during my survey however I noticed that sections of the property were actually nonsaprolitic. Particularly where the bamboo forest currently resides. In addition to that bamboo requires a well draining soil to grow suggesting that the bamboo area perks. On top of that there are two privy pits on the property. One retains water, while the other does not which suggests that one privy sits on top of percolating soil which reinforces the idea that the bamboo is growing in a percolating area.

Based on this evidence, I have hired a soil scientist to come out and characterize whether that area percs enough or not for two one bedroom houses or not, and if not to engineer an alternative for me. If there isnt a solution though, it doesnt matter cause city water is headed that way in a decade anyway.

You also said that you're close to the lake, so there's also an open question about polluting that lake. I'm not sure 10 years of seepage liability would be worth waiting for the city

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Rytheric posted:

It is currently sitting over a pit. The county wanted the previous guy to abandon them in like 2014 (i imagine this one was last dug prior to 2009 before the then existing church burnt down).

Usually when these threads are cursed it's a euphemism and not an actual curse. God bless u OP I will be praying for your tiny house and your tiny soul

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
For real look into the power systems for Type 3 ambulances like a poster suggested earlier in the thread because you can get some real good power options.

As a comedy option I'll point out ambulances also have air vents to suck out the tuberculosis or coronavirus or whatever and this could really ramp up your fire pit suicide plans either by venting the fumes or creating a flowpath for fire death.

I am not an ambulance mechanic but I routinely drive deathtrap ambulances with 450000+ miles on them so I have opinions about trucks with powered boxes and I will share them as appropriate.

Mostly I am here for the ride.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Gonna be real, op is likely more interesting than the rest of us even want to be.

Fascinating.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Tell me more about your plan to build a sharecropping empire out of dilapidated shacks hidden in the woods

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

OP you should find and buy a used ambulance.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Posting in a legendary thread.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

OP you should find and buy a used ambulance.

Then get three buddies in jumpsuits and go fight ghosts.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Rytheric posted:

What is this lol?

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Solar panels for the roofs of the truck and houses seem like a no brainer to me.