Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Spergin Morlock posted:

debating whether or not to prank call the PM of israel

Obvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Spergin Morlock posted:

debating whether or not to prank call the PM of israel

do you really want mossad to start breaking into your house and rearranging your shoes?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Yeah, Biden was just the last man standing after all the other candidates had been rejected by voters.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

The fundamental conflict in the Biden administration is going to be between the mostly PMC white Obama and Clinton people on the one hand and the black political establishment which thought crowning Joe would give them way more leverage. If that video where Biden was yelling at black political leaders is going to be any indication of the battle moving forward, Biden is in serious loving trouble come 2022 and especially 2024.

Joe may be in trouble in 2022 and 2024, but do you see the black political establishment not coming out in support of him yet again? He will hold out victory in 2022 and/or 2024 as the time when the promises will be redeemed and I can see those arguments carrying weight, especially among the people who want to believe that joe biden isn't a segregationist rapist.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PerniciousKnid posted:

Yeah, Biden was just the last man standing after all the other candidates had been rejected by voters.

"standing"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

dem voting blocs exist to get swindled and hustled time and time again, why should 2022 or 2024 be any different? Those elections will be tough, but not for lack of institutional and popular support among the democratic party.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tom Guycot posted:

Biden was just the only vector left for them to get the already agreed upon Kamala.

nah, Kamala was a factional Clintonite candidate, if she had been already agreed upon she wouldn't have needed to drop out so early

I think that she was such a candidate probably helped with the internal power-brokering, but imo she was selected for precisely the apparent reasons: namely that she demographically balanced Biden and helped defang/deflect myriad criticisms against him and the party broadly both through her identity and (in a play on Biden's role with Obama) because of her more direct criticism of Biden earlier in the primaries

plus (though this wasn't the primary reason), making Kamala VP represented an opportunity to rescue a "promising" "rising star" from the scrapheap of her earlier failures in the primaries (doubtless made far more pressing by the fact that even with overt interference Biden *had* been the only viable vector for a full neolib restoration project)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LGD posted:

nah, Kamala was a factional Clintonite candidate, if she had been already agreed upon she wouldn't have needed to drop out so early

I think that she was such a candidate probably helped with the internal power-brokering, but imo she was selected for precisely the apparent reasons: namely that she demographically balanced Biden and helped defang/deflect myriad criticisms against him and the party broadly both through her identity and (in a play on Biden's role with Obama) because of her more direct criticism of Biden earlier in the primaries

plus (though this wasn't the primary reason), making Kamala VP represented an opportunity to rescue a "promising" "rising star" from the scrapheap of her earlier failures in the primaries (doubtless made far more pressing by the fact that even with overt interference Biden *had* been the only viable vector for a full neolib restoration project)

I still maintain that klob was the original choice and Kamala only got the nod due to the riots

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

"voters"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

I still maintain that klob was the original choice and Kamala only got the nod due to the riots

yeah I don't know that they'd gotten it down to one but she definitely seemed like she was near the very top of the list - she was a perfect ideological match for a Biden administration & there was quite a bit of smoke in that direction

even after it became apparent selecting her would be completely politically suicidal they still seemed to have some degree of interest/regret

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

yep

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

look south carolina picked joe and they know how to pick democratic winners

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I think each faction had its own choice: MIC (Pete), Wall Street (Bloomberg, before that Kamala), Big Education, "Reform" Law (Warren), Klob (Big Law, Insurance). The Obama machine was decisive in choosing amongst these and telling the others to get in line versus Bernie. Media + Obama machine was enough to drive enough of the base out to beat Bernie.

Klob was probably the choice in that she had done pretty well in all 3 of the primaries and wasn't a line-cutter, but she was definitely sunk after the protests for sure.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it wasn't even that biden was their only chance at stopping bernie. biden was in a distant 4th place! any of the assholes in the dem primary could have gotten similar results after the rest were made to drop out and the machine devoted all its resources to a single candidate. biden was obama's choice, likely because of obama's usual egomania.

biden was the only non-bernie with any chance in any remaining states before super tuesday outside of like klobb in minnesota and warren in massachusetts in super tuesday. pete butt was dead after iowa. clyburn put his thumb on the scale in south carolina (and the dems got bailed out by there being no republican primary in SC, freeing republicans to vote for the most conservative democrat). after biden won SC is when the consolidation happened and the media went into full force manufacturing consent that biden had won the primary then and there

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

pro click stunned at how it becomes more frayed and disjointed as it goes on

and unlike trump he doesn't go out and hold huge ranting rallies where he just hilariously free associates for three hours at a time. america has been robbed.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Yep. The narrative shifted completely using wokeish justification-- the first three primaries were too white (lol Nevada) so now that Biden won the True Core of the Democratic party (its most loyal voters) he should win. Keep in mind that the argument made simultaneous to this was that Biden was best able to reach out and get Trump voters too. It was very much, "Oh, you don't like Biden? Well Black women chose him, and they're the heart of the party so you're racist if you don't think this is over!"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

biden was rejected by voters in iowa (came in 4th), nh (came in 4th) and nevada (came in 2nd but 20+ points behind bernie). he only needed to win one state for the media and the dem establishment to declare him the winner and convince the dem faithful that the primary was over

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Biden has now used 20 of 655 total days until the 2022 general election, or 3% of his available time with a congressional majority. Working hard!

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

https://twitter.com/gartmartin9/status/1359525979438333952

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Remember during the primaries when Biden listed some women he was considering for VP and couldn't even remember anyone's name? He essentially called Stacey Abrams "that black chick who should've been governor of Georgia or something" lol. Also can't seem to find a video of that anywhere anymore, as if it's been scrubbed from existence.

Edit:
Finally found one. This was way harder to find than it should've been
https://twitter.com/MollyNagle3/status/1198041079385382912

gandlethorpe has issued a correction as of 21:03 on Feb 10, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Is horny legal now?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
i hope he packs the cabinet with a bunch of 80 year olds

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i hope obama gets a terminal disease

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

paul_soccer12 posted:

How about Covid-21?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

this is like if some CHUD said "have you ever noticed that liberals love criticizing Ben Carson in particular" in the comment section of one of his many controversies

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

i hope he packs the cabinet with a bunch of 80 year olds

he packed the cabinet with REPRESENTATION so if anyone tries to criticize anything its because they hate the queer/latinx/bipoc department head

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Flavius Aetass posted:

i'd recommend watching this one to see just how much rambling was done before he suddenly goes into the corn pop story, without any segue whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oihV9yrZRHg

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

paul_soccer12 posted:

he's got decent odds at lung cancer at least

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

galenanorth posted:

this is like if some CHUD said "have you ever noticed that liberals love criticizing Ben Carson in particular" in the comment section of one of his many controversies

sleepy ben really only had a couple of comparatively minor controversies

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Has anyone in the cabinet been confirmed yet?

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

defense, spooks, and state. everyone had to be ready for joe to do the warcrimes on a moments notice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

butt, blinken, yellen, and the defense guy have at least

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Neera Tanden is dnd in human form

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Neera Tanden is dnd in human form

Nobody deserves such an insult.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/69_AHM_69/status/1359593675282669568?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

i'd recommend watching this one to see just how much rambling was done before he suddenly goes into the corn pop story, without any segue whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oihV9yrZRHg

my fav part is the segue after the part about kids touching his hairy legs

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

blinken & yellen are also biden's two favorite passtimes

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
a rat just bit my sister nell,
and bidey's on the moon

Adbot