Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was a DOg poo poo lie I said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Brut posted:

Rockstar just star paid some random dude 10 grand for fixing their load times in GTA5 by like 60% or some poo poo because they had some weird thing that cross-referenced each item on a table with each other item on that table, something like that. Their games are pretty, but in some ways poorly coded.

Solution is here if you're curious: https://nee.lv/2021/02/28/How-I-cut-GTA-Online-loading-times-by-70/

Fascinating read if you've done any computer programming. It's horrifying and his solution is pretty straightforward. I hope that guy gets a nice development/QA job out of this.

"Just throw more hardware" shouldn't be the solution to performance issues but I'm guessing that's what Rockstar wanted to do.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Brut posted:

Rockstar just star paid some random dude 10 grand for fixing their load times in GTA5 by like 60% or some poo poo because they had some weird thing that cross-referenced each item on a table with each other item on that table, something like that. Their games are pretty, but in some ways poorly coded.
I'm going to take the wild guess that massive amounts of crunch lead to poor coding

Anyway not going to watch the Snyder cut because I couldn't stand his remake of Dawn of the Dead which is considered by most people to be his "best" movie, that I can't stand auteur worship, and also I haven't even watched the Nolan trilogy so I just find the whole DC film side joyless. I have the DCAU which is perfect anyway

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
Yeah crunch sucks but also that game has been out for 8 years and is literally the most profitable game in the industry so feels like that bug bounty should have had at least one more zero on the end of it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Critical posted:

i must be getting old. as much as i love the series i cannot get any hype going for the doom eternal dlcs.

almost every enemy in the game can be a pain in the rear end in it's own way, and the dlcs just add buffs to make them even bigger pains in the rear end. not to mention even more extended mario platforming sections. apparently the final final boss is currently bugged and can take multiple hours to kill as well.

i think i'm just going to take my boomer rear end to youtube and watch someone who's actually good play them
Eh going back to playing the DLC feels like too much of a commitment. Way too many keybinds and cycles you need to spend several hours relearning doesn't make you old, it makes you disinterested in wanting to study doom eternal 101 again just to have designer approved fun. I tried farting around with it and the XP bug is still in, which I'm guessing means it isn't even a bug in their eyes, but trying to remember how to weapon cycle while juggling all the movement options and grenade switching on the fly again is unpleasant.

It made like half a billion or something so I suspect the next game from id will be even more over-complicated and hugo's head will be even further up the story's rear end.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Eh going back to playing the DLC feels like too much of a commitment. Way too many keybinds and cycles you need to spend several hours relearning doesn't make you old, it makes you disinterested in wanting to study doom eternal 101 again just to have designer approved fun. I tried farting around with it and the XP bug is still in, which I'm guessing means it isn't even a bug in their eyes, but trying to remember how to weapon cycle while juggling all the movement options and grenade switching on the fly again is unpleasant.

It made like half a billion or something so I suspect the next game from id will be even more over-complicated and hugo's head will be even further up the story's rear end.

yeah i actually went back for like an hour, and while they did improve tracking all the cooldowns (except grenades, because of course those are the things I have the hardest time remembering to use) with little icons below the crosshair, it's just still too much.

not to mention my years of hand-related hobbies (bowling, pool, golf, video james) have started to catch up with me and my fingers hurt after like 90 minutes if the game is too apm heavy. had to quit path of exile because they refuse to group some loot items and the clicking murders my right hand.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does anyone know what my enemy TV Zombie has been up to recently. i'm concerned about their machinations

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Listening to PurpleKiss' new album as well as trying to re listen to some Mamamoo performances. What is new with you, Friend?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wouldn't you like to know TV Zombie. but when you say "I'm Your Fan" i know the "Reality" is that there's "High Tension" and also "Hip (Japanese Version)"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
thank you TV IV for giving us this

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Watched the Muppet Movie last night. Timless masterpiece. My favorite muppets are Swedish Chef and Dr Teeth, who are yours?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
fozzie.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lew

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The Snyder Cut takes four hours to get us to the same place Whedon's two-hour cut did.

And Watchmen is Snyder's best movie by default. It's sure isn't Dawn of the Dead which takes everything that made the first movie great and throws it in the dumpster before setting the dumpster on fire and pushing it off the cliff onto a van full of puppies waiting to be adopted.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
his best is the owls Of Gahoole

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bluedeanie posted:

Watched the Muppet Movie last night. Timless masterpiece. My favorite muppets are Swedish Chef and Dr Teeth, who are yours?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker and all of The Electric Mayhem. Also Fozzie because I really relate to his dreadful jokes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Snyder Cut was fun, I liked it. I hope they let him make more.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Do Fraggle Rocks count? I liked Fraggle Rock a lot when my mom would clean a house with HBO and I could watch it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Kermit. Had a kermit painting growing up and dude's chill nature has been an inspiration my entire life.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The Rainbow Connection will always make me tear up because I’m an emotional sap.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If Sir Didymus doesn't count as a muppet he should

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

his best is the owls Of Gahoole

I definitely wanna check out the owl movie now, this is a guy who really gets flight on screen

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

it’s hard to find a salt and vinegar that is good i.e. makes your eyes water and your mouth ache

tim's cascade s&v is a very, very good chip

bertman's is the original and better

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

I Before E posted:

I definitely wanna check out the owl movie now, this is a guy who really gets flight on screen

i haven’t actually seen that movie i just like saying Gahoole

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

graph posted:

tim's cascade s&v is a very, very good chip

bertman's is the original and better

I usually just get Gulden's cuz it's available locally here and I think is cheapest usually, should I seek out something else? I actually just ran out so this is good timing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

i haven’t actually seen that movie i just like saying Gahoole

Butthoole

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Butthoole

the bowels of butthoole lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bluedeanie posted:

Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island are the definitive versions of those stories respectively imho

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this is the best stadium mustard: https://www.amazon.com/Bertman-Original-Ball-Park-Mustard/dp/B00ZGSTILS/
this is the best general brown mustard: https://www.amazon.com/Bertman-Original-Great-Dortmunder-Mustard/dp/B01INUN92Y/

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Inglehoffer is the best mustard/spread company, love their products.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's the worst mustard you've had

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

I'd rather not have mustard if my only option is French's yellow

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

ikea yellow mustard tastes of nothing,, i think it's worse than french;'s even

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How about that heinz.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pre-Covid culture will finally be restored when Costco brings back the spicy brown mustard. and the onion wheel.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

How about that heinz.

heinz yellow mustard is dogshit and way worse than french’s

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I only like dipping fries in ketchup at McDonalds or Five Guys

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like to have salt and ketchup with french fries or even honey munstered.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They’re shutting down the PS3 store making Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, and 4 kind of lost to time. I’m sad because I used to do a yearly play through of the series but my PS3 died. I have the disc version but Sony sucks at backwards compatibility these days.