Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
(how cats laugh, not like a human)

Christ, how do you channel these people so well??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

A Fancy Hat posted:

Get your CAT out of my YARD

To whoever owns a gray cat - GET HIM OR HER OUT OF MY YARD.

On Saturday morning I was in my yard mowing the lawn (grass) when this cat showed up. He looks at me and then starts pawing at my bushes. I run the mower towards him to "give him a scare" and he runs off. Then 10-15 minutes later I see him back at that bush, clawing away. This is a very expensive bush, so again, I take the mower and drive it towards the cat. This time he runs off but much slower, no longer as scared. I finish mowing the grass and then head inside.

Later afternoon I walk past my window and see that cat again, this time it looks at me and scratches my window, then takes a bite of my bush and runs off. WHAT!

I did not see this cat on Sunday until I was taking out the garbage. He was at the end of the driveway laughing at me (how cats laugh, not like a human) and then ran off again.

SOMEBODY CONTROL THEIR CAT OR I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE DRASTIC MEASURES!

I didn't look at who posted this, read it and was fully convinced that this was a real post on ND until I looked to the left hand side.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
That cat is OUT of CONTROL

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Posters Setting up other Posters for Potential Mugging?

I have seen several posts with people offering to "meet up" (drugs?) Thess posts contain code words so that other muggers recognize the code words and use the code words to show up and mugging? Seeing some strange terms like Discord (chaos?) and Sunset (death?)

Also I got an extra phone book delivered, $50 OBO

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
From town FB group, but basically the same thing as next door

quote:

If you live on Smith, Johnson, Lincoln, or Doe and have receive a bag of groceries on your porch/driveway in the middle of the night, please call the police non emergency number and report it. Better yet, if you have a camera and captured the person/vehicle, let them know. Sounds like this is only happening in our neighborhood. They don’t know why and the officer I spoke with this morning said they would send night shift out to patrol more frequently.

quote:

It’s probably a friendly neighbor. I doubt anyone is poisoning fruit and passing it out. We live in crazy times. Maybe post here first and request the person come forward before involving police.

quote:

These people are going up to houses and as soon as they see you have a camera they stop and put the bag down and walk away. They are looking to see if you have cameras. Ps. You don’t bring stuff in the middle of the night and Immediately stop and put the bag down when they see they have a camera they’re doing this to a lot of our neighbors

Why wouldn't you just like, look for camera's from the street?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

This is bizarre. So a couple months back around October, my boyfriend had set his bike outside our apartment door for a couple hours while it wasn’t in use. We walked outside to the bike gone, the tires were kind of flat so we were thinking “ok they won’t get far.” The next day, we go to leave and the bike is back in the same spot it was stolen from accept the tires were fully pumped.... WEIRD. My boyfriend ends up moving his bike to our balcony so this doesn’t happen again. Or we thought.

A couple weeks later, we wake up and open our blinds to the porch, bike is gone. Someone had reached over our balcony and stole it once again. This time we just knew it wasn’t going to come back.

Fast forward to TODAY, my boyfriend opens the front door for a friend and HIS BIKE IS BACK!!! This time, with a target bag hanging off the handle bars filled with BRAND NEW bike pump, bike lock, night time lights, and regular lights (pictured). I am shook. No note or anything! I don’t know how to feel 🤣
If you did this or know who did please come forward 😭 thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I got my bike stolen and I... never saw it again, imagine that! Lucky

quote:

I've grown too big and I'm looking for a new home. Need a mature addition to your garden? Pick me up and I'll be yours... FREE!

A picture of a large cactus helpfully provided the needed clarity.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm just reminded of when we lived in a house that among a number of other rather baffling decisions, had a variety of overgrown cacti literally right next to the driveway. The inevitable happened a few times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A Fancy Hat posted:

Get your CAT out of my YARD

To whoever owns a gray cat - GET HIM OR HER OUT OF MY YARD.

On Saturday morning I was in my yard mowing the lawn (grass) when this cat showed up. He looks at me and then starts pawing at my bushes. I run the mower towards him to "give him a scare" and he runs off. Then 10-15 minutes later I see him back at that bush, clawing away. This is a very expensive bush, so again, I take the mower and drive it towards the cat. This time he runs off but much slower, no longer as scared. I finish mowing the grass and then head inside.

Later afternoon I walk past my window and see that cat again, this time it looks at me and scratches my window, then takes a bite of my bush and runs off. WHAT!

I did not see this cat on Sunday until I was taking out the garbage. He was at the end of the driveway laughing at me (how cats laugh, not like a human) and then ran off again.

SOMEBODY CONTROL THEIR CAT OR I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE DRASTIC MEASURES!

I cannot read any of your posts without hearing Trump's voice in my head.

He's probably all over Nextdoor.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

twistedmentat posted:

I cannot read any of your posts without hearing Trump's voice in my head.

He's probably all over Nextdoor.

Several Items (Things) For Sale

Selling some items I came Into Possession of over the last 4 years. Need to unload them ASAP (as soon as possible).

Painting of a man in a Hat. $75
Silverware and fancy plates. Only used for one delicious, incredible, amazing meal. $400
Several Flags. Some of them are misprinted (48 stars, stars in a circle, etc). $10 each
Nucular Codes (Expired). $500,000
Photograph of "Man from Space". $20
Bulk Copper - $5 a pound. Still in Wire Form.

I know what I have Especially with Regards to the Codes. You can "Very Easily" figure out the new codes from the old ones.

You must pick up Everything you Order.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lmao Some guy has been spamming my area's Nextdoor with "THEY BLOCKED ME ON FACEBOOK AND NOW THEY BLOCKED ME FOR A MONTH HERE JUST FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH!!!" poo poo

I had to turn off email alerts because he was doing it so much

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Suspicious bee Saw something really suspicious yesterday around 3 pm on my porch. A bee that I can only describe as "shifty" appeared out of nowhere at my house and flew around on my porch for seemingly no reason and when it saw the porch camera it suddenly turned around and ran away. I've known bees all my life and I have never seen behavior like this. Very strange. Is someone training bees to case houses? Please watch out for strange bee behavior.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GABA ghoul posted:

Suspicious bee Saw something really suspicious yesterday around 3 pm on my porch. A bee that I can only describe as "shifty" appeared out of nowhere at my house and flew around on my porch for seemingly no reason and when it saw the porch camera it suddenly turned around and ran away. I've known bees all my life and I have never seen behavior like this. Very strange. Is someone training bees to case houses? Please watch out for strange bee behavior.

Please tell me that's real.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wonder if there's gonna be a bunch of activity now that mob rule has lynched a good cop, by which I mean a murderer in uniform just got convicted.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I saw some woman advertising a stream of Mike Lindell's idiot movie for idiots trying to get people to see what REALLY happened to the ELECTION!!!!!11111

i was like "wait Mike Lindell, the crack cocaine addict who shills bad pillows to gullible people?" and she deleted her account

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Rockman Reserve posted:

I saw some woman advertising a stream of Mike Lindell's idiot movie for idiots trying to get people to see what REALLY happened to the ELECTION!!!!!11111

i was like "wait Mike Lindell, the crack cocaine addict who shills bad pillows to gullible people?" and she deleted her account

You are doing Gods work.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rockman Reserve posted:

tremendous posting power, I'm glad you're on our side o7

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I feel like my parents are cooler than 95% of boomers for only using the internet to check weather, watch Russian dash cam footage and send/receive emails. Facebook and next door really reinforce being a corny dipshit.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

GABA ghoul posted:

Okay, this is super hosed up.

why wouldn't you say beehavior

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

kntfkr posted:

I feel like my parents are cooler than 95% of boomers for only using the internet to check weather, watch Russian dash cam footage and send/receive emails. Facebook and next door really reinforce being a corny dipshit.

They sound cooler than us.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

GABA ghoul posted:

We're caught in the hive
I can't buzz out
Beecause I love you too much, babee

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Snow Again?

Just seen it's snowing again outside. I planted several hundred dollars worth of flowers and fruit trees and bushes over the last week. All purchased from Samuels' Green House. Will I be able to get a refund if the plants die?

update: Looks like about an inch of snow now. Global warming sure would be nice right now LOL

update 2: About an inch, inch and a half of snow. It's melting a little bit on the sidewalks and roads. No traffic accidents yet but I haven't seen a plow neither.

update 3: Snow has melted, no plow ever showed up. This city is going DOWNHILL FAST.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

311 is the non-emergency/city services number. Fire hydrant leaking? Call 311. New pothole in the road? Call 311. Car got towed and you can't find it? Call 311.

Whether or not it's used to call police varies, here in Chicago if we call 311 and ask for a squad car to come check something out they just transfer us to 911 or tell us to call it instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTHc5VUG2rc

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Knot My President! posted:

my nextdoor is basically a bunch of people bitching to reopen a mile strip of highway on the ocean that was closed off so people could walk and bicycle during Covid

nobody worth a poo poo: "it makes the traffic unbearable, it's adding several minutes onto our commute, reopen the highway, it's gone on long enough"

everyone else: "shut the gently caress up, you worthless loving NIMBY"

whatup fellow SF dweller

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

whatup fellow SF dweller

The thread making fun of local social networks will be the cause of the sf goon Renaissance.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
We made plans in the Discord to hang this weekend :)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
How can I resist this free item on my local board?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yeah that's definitely been jizzed on.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was just trying to replicate her cats natural environment of 'ocean trench' fwiw

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

We made plans in the Discord to hang this weekend :)

the nextdoor is coming from inside the thread!!

Feel like there is a LOT more to this story lol

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Why is the cat $1000

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My cats are worth like $3 million each because I wouldn't consider selling them for less than that

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

My cats are worth like $3 million each because I wouldn't consider selling them for less than that

I'll buy one

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TontoCorazon posted:

I'll buy one

I'll sell you my cat for half that.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Play posted:

the nextdoor is coming from inside the thread!!

SF goon meets used to be super fun and everyone in the discord seems pretty cool, so it’s the exact opposite of Nextdoor 😂

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

kntfkr posted:

Sorry, I'm broke. Just spent my whole fortune on a cat.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I love my cats but would happily sell one for 100k, just saying

that I'm broke as gently caress from taking care of all these animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted: