Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a neat cape posted:

Can I interest you in Deftones

:hmmyes:

drrockso20 posted:

Which band did the buttrock in the English dub for Lord Slug, cause I say bring them back

looks like they used songs from like seven or eight bands for that one according to wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

tbh i thought meme latin american version meant the version where someone was editing it to look grainy like old dbz and also making trunks' hair purple

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aurora posted:

tbh i thought meme latin american version meant the version where someone was editing it to look grainy like old dbz and also making trunks' hair purple

The M E M E S were powerful when the ToP rolled around.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cell Dorado is still my fave thing coming out of that period.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Cell Dorado, evolved from Duracell

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1391016959383244800

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zedd posted:

Cell Dorado is still my fave thing coming out of that period.

Shaggy Verde and Shaggy Rojo being separate characters is too funny, and SS4 Shaggy Rojo being the werewolf Shaggy from that one old movie is a masterstroke

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ah Goku might make an apparence

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Unexpected reads as "not new." Which I'm totally fine with.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They finally remembered that Lunch exists and this is her grand return

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Needs to be said, this was I believe before we knew that Ultra Instinct was white

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Beerus will spend the first five minutes hilariously babysitting Pan, with Piccolo giving tips

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

Unexpected reads as "not new." Which I'm totally fine with.

It's time for Garlic Jr.'s time to shine!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

make the movie about goku and vegeta taking their families to visit cabba and the universe 6 saiyans like they promised to do imo

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Vegeta gets shot with the big gay rainbow wave and spends 2 hours horny for Goku

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's going to be a whole movie about them getting driver's licenses and then having a crazy race.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The unexpected character is that they're going to let Gohan do something

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Shaggy Verde and Shaggy Rojo being separate characters is too funny, and SS4 Shaggy Rojo being the werewolf Shaggy from that one old movie is a masterstroke

Especially since it's a gag that Scooby-Doo already did, as well as the "Badass Shaggy" scenes from one of the more recent movies

TwoPair posted:

It's time for Garlic Jr.'s time to shine!

Honestly that would be hype as hell

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Unlikely: The surprise is that somebody besides Goku defeats the enemy at the end (I wish)

Even More Unlikely: That somebody isn’t even a Saiyan

Pipe Dream: This is Bulma’s time to shine

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 8, 2021

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Larryb posted:

Pipe Dream: This is Bulma’s time to shine

bulma just puts fusion freeza into a capsule and puts it in a drawer

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Watch it turn out that the capsule corp technology was the the mafuba this entire time.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Farmer With Shotgun has returned from HFIL and he wants blood!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seriously though, it would be nice if the other characters got their moments again like they did back in the OG Dragonball but I’ve accepted that this has basically been the Goku & Vegeta Show for a while now.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

Seriously though, it would be nice if the other characters got their moments again like they did back in the OG Dragonball but I’ve accepted that this has basically been the Goku & Vegeta Show for a while now.

And even then, Vegeta just serves as a punching bag to show how strong the villain is, so we're more impressed when Goku wins.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've got a real good feeling this is going to be the arc that Vegeta finally gets the win though!!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

multijoe posted:

I've got a real good feeling this is going to be the arc that Vegeta finally gets the win though!!

Someone out there actually believes this.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Azubah posted:

It's going to be a whole movie about them getting driver's licenses and then having a crazy race.

Japan loving loves Wacky Races so I'm surprised they haven't done something like that yet.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aurora posted:

I miss Trunks having purple hair, looks way better thank the cosplay blue they gave him in Supes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gohan has "gotten the win" more than Vegeta

Never forget

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Larryb posted:

What moments. Master Roshi is the only one that got a moment.

Krillin moment was piccolo didn’t beat him to badly.

Tien pulled the first learn a new move that does nothing so he was a pioneer

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hell ya Dabura is comin back

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

What moments. Master Roshi is the only one that got a moment.

Krillin moment was piccolo didn’t beat him to badly.

Tien pulled the first learn a new move that does nothing so he was a pioneer

Ok fair, but they did get a bit more focus than they do nowadays at least.

But yeah, come to think of it Goku being the one to save the day has basically been a constant in this series since the very beginning.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're gonna bring raditz and nappa back and the whole movie is everyone hanging out in bulma's back yard grillin' and chillin'

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Broly fights Kale. Goku and Vegeta do nothing because they'd rather let the ensuing collateral damage destroy the planet than interrupt a one-on-one fight.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

One thing Super did that was pretty fun was that Goku hardly won against he big villains in the arcs:

Lost to Beerus
Got a cheap shot from Freeza's minion
Lost to Frost AND Hit
Didn't defeat Zamasu
Knocked out of the ToP :colbert:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's a Z thing too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, Goku only defeated Frieza and Buu, and he didn't even finish the job in the case of the former.

Not in the main timeline, anyway.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i think you'll find it was my good friend Mark Satan that defeated Buu

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

goku's like 0-2 with my powerful ally Hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013