Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm somewhat alarmed by the possibility that there could be a war over taiwan in a decade as it would just escalate into something like during an independence push for the latter, and then the U.S. intervenes and also loses the war, loses warships, loses lives. it'd get completely out of control

i dunno we'd probably just tell whatever elements of the fleet are in taiwan to sail for japan during the escalation phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
really liked this vid, talking about dissent in china and the contradictions of its hyper competitive labor market and societal struggle without going into deranged d&d/gbs sexpat territory

https://twitter.com/thecyrusjanssen/status/1408592094256640008

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

i'm somewhat alarmed by the possibility that there could be a war over taiwan in a decade as it would just escalate into something like during an independence push for the latter, and then the U.S. intervenes and also loses the war, loses warships, loses lives. it'd get completely out of control

It'll probably happen under a dem president, and the end result will be the emergence of a genuine American ultra-nationalism if not outright fascism. It won't be a repeat of the game show host president who merely flirts with blood and soil bullshit.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

We are a haven for NATO regime change propagandists, so I get why Chinese officials could be concerned

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
getting deported from china with 'go back to gbs' stamped on your passport

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you click on that bbc article, then click on the allegations section, and then click on the the allegation you see that they are sourced zenz.

The al jazeera article is equally great. If you click on the report they are reporting about. You will see this.

let me help you lil eichmann,

the media ecosystem is a "multiplier" of the poo poo stream from the rear end in a top hat of Adrian Zenz, whose origin is the digested junk food of the US spy agencies and permanent state

https://swprs.org/the-propaganda-multiplier/

you see, information disseminates from Cold War era organizations that act as propaganda appendages of the US Imperial global polarity.

For example, AP serves the CIA similarly how they served the Nazis during WW2. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-associated-press-became-part-nazi-propaganda-machine-180958629/

See here: https://www.nytimes.com/1977/12/26/archives/worldwide-propaganda-network-built-by-the-cia-a-worldwide-network.html

this is not a comprehensive example, but I believe it is a sufficient one for you to start searching for a more critical view of your information

also, hope it aids ye in not being indirectly responsible for the next world war.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Zmej has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Jun 30, 2021

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Homeless Friend posted:

bookmark cspam on your burner and make sure to show it to em. Tell em how much your love cspam, xi, china etc. They will know what to do but, outwardly, they might start getting defensive then probably aggressive. Maybe even threatening you, yelling at you and so on. This is just a front, keep doing it. Eventually they'll take you to the 'VIP' side door.

i just fell in love with your vibe

loving :lol:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

mila kunis posted:

really liked this vid, talking about dissent in china and the contradictions of its hyper competitive labor market and societal struggle without going into deranged d&d/gbs sexpat territory

https://twitter.com/thecyrusjanssen/status/1408592094256640008
Hmm that's weird I was under the impression Chinese people just uncritically accept whatever their government does.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mila kunis posted:

lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they bumped this up to a week

"If you want to express skepticism about claims of ethnic cleansing then you have to take it a lot more seriously and put in a lot more effort to justify that position than this. User loses posting privileges for 1 week."
\/

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*removes lips from firehose of liberal propaganda*: the Han are all liars and their words cannot be trusted unless properly analyzed by Adrian Zenz

TAIWAN #1 *gurgle*

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:lol:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Hmm that's weird I was under the impression Chinese people just uncritically accept whatever their government does.

I don't suppose that video is bad or stupid, without seeing it, but anytime someone asks "is this the beginning of the end for the CCP?" the answer is always no.

Chinese people demonstrate and riot all the time when they think the impositions of the state are getting too unbearable, and unlike our own experiences in bourgeois dictatorships they can actually get results.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

https://twitter.com/stillreezy/status/1409662438182514693?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Homeless Friend posted:

chinese security agent waving the wand up and down your body and a klaxon going off as the gbs readings go off the charts

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The border guard grows visibly frustrated as he tries to use the search function.

mila kunis posted:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

let me help you lil eichmann,

the media ecosystem is a "multiplier" of the poo poo stream from the rear end in a top hat of Adrian Zenz, whose origin is the digested junk food of the US spy agencies and permanent state

https://swprs.org/the-propaganda-multiplier/

you see, information disseminates from Cold War era organizations that act as propaganda appendages of the US Imperial global polarity.

This is honestly a great article and a good demonstration of how the media marketplace has moved on since the days of Manufacturing Consent. A lot of newspapers are just content farms that just uncritically repeat what they've heard from each other, unless something big happens they won't question the status quo at all.

We saw this in a smaller way at the start of the pandemic when the media blew off concerns about it hitting the West harder than China, and dismissing masks as effective.

One thing I would say is that at this point the feedback loop is sustainable enough that there's more bullshit artists than just Zenz, but Zenz is patient zero for exaggerating and manipulating what is actually happening in Xinjiang.

Not So Fast has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Jun 30, 2021

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Not So Fast posted:

This is honestly a great article and a good demonstration of how the media marketplace has moved on since the days of Manufacturing Consent. A lot of newspapers are just content farms that just uncritically repeat what they've heard from each other, unless something big happens they won't question the status quo at all.

It actually overlaps quite a bit with MC, which gave a high priority to media dependence on official sources. The importance of the wire services wasn't overlooked either:

quote:

It has long been noted that the media are tiered, with the top tier—as measured by prestige, resources, and outreach—comprising somewhere between ten and twenty-four systems.13 It is this top tier, along with the government and wire services, that defines the news agenda and supplies much of the national and international news to the lower tiers of the media, and thus for the general public.14 Centralization within the top tier was substantially increased by the post-World War II rise of television and the national networking of this important medium.

quote:

The four major Western wire services—Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters, and Agence-France-Presse—account for some 80 percent of the international news circulating in the world today. AP is owned by member newspapers; UPI is privately owned; Reuters was owned mainly by the British media until it went public in 1984, but control was retained by the original owners by giving lesser voting rights to the new stockholders; Agence-France-Presse is heavily subsidized by the French government. As is pointed out by Jonathan Fenby, the wire services “exist to serve markets,” and their prime concern, accordingly, “is with the rich media markets of the United States, Western Europe, and Japan, and increasingly with the business community.…” They compete fiercely, but AP and UPI “are really U.S. enterprises that operate on an international scale.… Without their domestic base, the AP and UPI could not operate as international agencies. With it, they must be American organizations, subject to American pressures and requirements” (The International News Services [New York: Schocken, 1986], pp. 7, 9, 73–74). See also Anthony Smith, The Geopolitics of Information: How Western Culture Dominates the World (New York: Oxford University Press, 1980), chapter 3.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mila kunis posted:

Chairman Xi I am willing to do the job of checking if someone is a GBS poster. Please let me in.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I can't be racist towards Chinese people, I HAD a Chinese girlfriend.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't be racist towards the scheming inscrutable oriental, they're not even really people!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Editing my posts so the Chinese government can't extradite me from the US.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

quote:

Speaking of collaborators, Chinese students in Australia are still being watched by Chinese agents/fascist lickspittles and their families harassed back home and universities and the government are doing nothing to stop it.

More from the ABC:

Human Rights Watch reveals harassment, surveillance of Chinese students studying in Australia

My last stint in academia was in the early 2000s and it was happening even then. The worst part is that it wasn't even people who weren't attending university most of the time, but other students who wanted to show how loyal and ready to root out badthink they were through performative acts of harassment and intimidation against students who thought democracy and freedom were worthwhile ideals.

Surprising no one, I'm sure, most were also male students stalking young women for being insufficiently "pure" as either women or Chinese citizens because toxic masculinity is universal, sadly.

Fresh from the dnd China thread. Alleged conversations with police as described by self identifying liberal propagandists are now considered harassment and worthy of reporting by known CIA propaganda laundering org HRW.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that song is not very good either, but some of it almost sounds like turbofolk and this song is fire. the presentation is more conservative too. it's not as suggestive and i don't see consumer products in them as much either. compared to kpop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGpYw9Iyf0

this is in a different universe than kpop. music production, melody, visuals, choreography, actual dancing ability - it’s like comparing AAU ball to the NBA. the kpop version of Brian Scalabrini would absolutely cook these girls

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

there's a shipment of chinese headache & vertigo guns on their way to assault these human-rights watchers as speak

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I cannot imagine a hot war between the us and china ending any other way than with nuclear strikes happening

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't suppose that video is bad or stupid, without seeing it, but anytime someone asks "is this the beginning of the end for the CCP?" the answer is always no.

Chinese people demonstrate and riot all the time when they think the impositions of the state are getting too unbearable, and unlike our own experiences in bourgeois dictatorships they can actually get results.

If the nationalists continue to gain power you're very likely to see more crackdowns on poo poo like this if it's out of state interest. You remember the student maoists helping the Jasic workers after the state turned down their union request, and then they all got arrested? "Buh buh western CIA" sorry hoss, the boss has party connections and you don't. State interests trump worker interests.

That particular incident iirc was also spurred by the province leadership doing privatization and spending less on social programs, which was done by Wang Yang, who is now the CPPCC chairman. :eng101:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
love our free media

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

indigi posted:

this is in a different universe than kpop. music production, melody, visuals, choreography, actual dancing ability - it’s like comparing AAU ball to the NBA. the kpop version of Brian Scalabrini would absolutely cook these girls

I don't watch kpop or any pop music for that matter. But from my limited exposure of kpop. It's just mega stacking with production value. IMO China eventually will catch up with a break out hit some time down the road, Genshen Impact style.

I don't play mobile games either so maybe I am just an old man talking out of my rear end.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh they can absolutely catch up I just don’t know if they have the societal mechanism of forcing children to train in singing and dancing full time from age 4 yet

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

indigi posted:

turbofolk is pretty much spot on.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Grapplejack posted:

If the nationalists continue to gain power you're very likely to see more crackdowns on poo poo like this if it's out of state interest. You remember the student maoists helping the Jasic workers after the state turned down their union request, and then they all got arrested? "Buh buh western CIA" sorry hoss, the boss has party connections and you don't. State interests trump worker interests.

That particular incident iirc was also spurred by the province leadership doing privatization and spending less on social programs, which was done by Wang Yang, who is now the CPPCC chairman. :eng101:

this is a very strange post for two reasons:

* the idea that the "nationalists" are "gain"ing power. was china not focused on chinese development before? who are the non-nationalists (internationalists? globalists?) that are losing out? this sounds to me like a euphemism for the communists consolidating or simply flexing power over capital

* the jasic strike is an awful example of china's labor movement since it was a bunch of students conspiring but failing to organize a factory along maoist lines. there are bigger and more successful strikes all over; that one failed to pick up any momentum because it was a bunch of eggheads trying to skip steps and ultimately garnering no support (and you can read about this in their own postmortem documents)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ferrinus posted:

* the jasic strike is an awful example of china's labor movement since it was a bunch of students conspiring but failing to organize a factory along maoist lines. there are bigger and more successful strikes all over; that one failed to pick up any momentum because it was a bunch of eggheads trying to skip steps and ultimately garnering no support (and you can read about this in their own postmortem documents)

lol that there are more ultras on twitter that love to bring up Jasic, then there were actual workers that the students managed to organize (literally just 80 people, out of 800)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol that there are more ultras on twitter that love to bring up Jasic, then there were actual workers that the students managed to organize (literally just 80 people, out of 800)

it's very telling that jasic is the one strike you hear about over and over again, years down the line, despite the fact that plenty more happen constantly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

this is a very strange post for two reasons:

* the idea that the "nationalists" are "gain"ing power. was china not focused on chinese development before? who are the non-nationalists (internationalists? globalists?) that are losing out? this sounds to me like a euphemism for the communists consolidating or simply flexing power over capital

Flexing my power over capital by siding with the liberal open markets guy and then making him head of the CPPCC

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

You've got a point, they really should have just kept their heads down and trusted in management

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grapplejack posted:

Flexing my power over capital by siding with the liberal open markets guy and then making him head of the CPPCC

You've got a point, they really should have just kept their heads down and trusted in management

do you read posts you reply to because I don't think either response matches what that guy said.

It's not a hard question, who are the 'nationalists' gaining power in China?

Also yes, the Jasic organizers themselves admitted they lost a lot of popular ground by looking like they were a bunch of intellectuals trying to ignore process more than a genuine labor movement. You can have the stance of 'it shouldn't matter because they should have been able to organize regardless' and that's fine but I don't think the literal strike leaders were being bootlickers when they said they made mistakes in their methods compared to much larger and much more controvercial strikes that succeeded

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

who or what are you talking about

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

who or what are you talking about

Grapplejack posted:

sexpig by night posted:

do you read posts you reply to because I don't think either response matches what that guy said.

It's not a hard question, who are the 'nationalists' gaining power in China?

The nationalists are largely Xi and his clique, who have focused more on military and cultural domination within China writ-large and the general region. Belt and road is an extension of this as a way to push soft power out across the region. I guess this is debatable if you consider this inherent to communist ideas, but. The increased focus on Taiwan is also a big part of this.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Commissioner Gordon calling the Commie-Man (link)

https://i.imgur.com/M4so1JY.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

You can have the stance of 'it shouldn't matter because they should have been able to organize regardless'

even taking this line, how could they possibly organize to form a union if only 10% of the workforce supported them in any material way? even if the local party was like “fine ok take a vote on it” it seems like they very well could have lost