Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'i need to compartmentalize this in my brain because i have weird hangups and get scared of the other'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can't enjoy gay loving poo poo, straights only

But you know what they say about straights

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The level of brilliance Araki had of explaining what’s up with the rock humans as “yeah they’re raised by wasps” and just leaving it at that. I can’t hate part 8 even though it’s the least cohesive part by a huge margin, it’s just too good when it’s good.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I get the feeling that Part 9 will have the Rock Humans return. There’s just too much left on the table between all the rock human lore (Hermes???) and the holy sites, corpse parts, etc. carried over from part 7.

But then again, this is Araki, so who really knows.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Part 9 will reveal that the meteor that crashed to earth in part 7 was actually Kars from part 2

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Part 9 will reveal that the meteor that crashed to earth in part 7 was actually Kars from part 2

I have been waiting for this truth to be revealed since the origins of the arrows was explained in part 5.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vise the Stompy posted:

I have been waiting for this truth to be revealed since the origins of the arrows was explained in part 5.

It was from Mikitaka's planet, they have Stands in space

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Alt-Universe Kars is actually Gari Numan. It’s a common mistake.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kars reappears in the SBR-verse because Araki purposefully lied to us by saying the two major Universes had no connection. It was all planned in his head from over a decade ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Part 9: Jorge Joestar

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Part 9: Shizuka Joestar, Achtung Baby stopped her being affected by the reset.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Part 9: Futuristic Space Age JoJo

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Part 9: Shizuka Joestar, Achtung Baby stopped her being affected by the reset.

Except she's still invisible and its like if MHA were focused on Toru Hagakure.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kart Barfunkel posted:

all the rock human lore (Hermes???)

I think Hermes and Enya were just shown to show how rock humans are indistinguishable from regular humans, by showing the two races next to each other. I don't think it was meant to imply that Hermes and Enya were rock humans.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aretha Franklin was a rock human however.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Part 9: Joshua bar Joseph.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Part 9: Joshua bar Joseph.

I think people would literally explode if Araki did that.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I kind of hope we have a Rock Human ally in Part 9. Might be interesting to have one in a role aside from just trying to screw over or murder the protagonists.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don’t expect to ever hear about rock humans again.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Bring back Rock humans but also bring back the stone masks, hamon, the arrow, and jesus christ body parts.

Just finished reading Purple Haze feedback, I like how the mask returns but is immediately nope'd.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How are the books anyway?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Had no idea Purple Haze Feedback had the Stone Mask in it. Never heard anyone mention that.

Also it'd be kind of weird to have an entire part pretty much centered around Rock Humans and their dealings just for them to never show up in Part 9. Even the Holy Corpse got a small part to play in JoJolion.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you say that like there wasn't a part dedicated to mesoamerican supervampires that are literally never mentioned again for 4 more parts

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

We still had DIO which was a byproduct of all that. It wasn't like the Stone Mask or the Pillar Men just stopped being relevant the Part after they got introduced.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheLoneStar posted:

Kars reappears in the SBR-verse because Araki purposefully lied to us by saying the two major Universes had no connection. It was all planned in his head from over a decade ago.

he drifted in space for so long he eventually reached the border of his universe and crossed over to this one

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
The Pillar Men did in fact stop being relevant the part after they were introduced

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You laugh now but Santana will escape from the UV lamps and kick off part 9

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Augus posted:

he drifted in space for so long he eventually reached the border of his universe and crossed over to this one

Exactly this. If anyone has trouble imagining this, this helpful diagram should make everything clear

Parts 1-6 occur in the regular universe, we're currently in the antiuniverse. What goes up must come down, and Kars' trajectory will lead him inevitably back to Earth

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yall gonna have plenty of egg on your faces when Araki reveals guardrail man was santana

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

somepartsareme posted:

The Pillar Men did in fact stop being relevant the part after they were introduced

It really is too bad, I'd have loved to see a powered-up Santana or some other supervampire vs. stand users

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

somepartsareme posted:

The only reason DIO was there in Stardust Crusaders was because of the Stone Mask they crafted, so not 100%.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kart Barfunkel posted:

How are the books anyway?

Short but I enjoyed it. I started reading Jorge Joestar only just now. I definitely got a sense of closure for part5 with purple haze feedback and would love to see it animated Kishibe Rohan style.

I just googled the titles with the word english and found translated PDFs pretty easily.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Dragonwagon posted:

If we're talking about hosed up poo poo villains did then Dio making a mother eat her own baby is definitely worth mentioning.

Hey now, she did that of her own volition! Dio didn't have direct control over the vampires he spawned. Dio is a literal puppykiller, but he kept his word there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

that b*stard (pardon my language) jonathan joestar fed his dog a grape and ate some chocolate in his own bed

sick f*uck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nani wo suru da?!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stone masks, but for horses

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Stone masks, but for horses

part 2 best part

e: except for, y'know, that guy

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Laughing as I remember the moment the comic desperately wants you to cry over the nazi boy’s death and you look down and whisper “no”