Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

brugroffil posted:

who was it that kept making GBS threads on firefighters in the previous covid thread last fall, insisting they were useless?

All jobs are equally useless there is no such thing as unskilled labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

All jobs are equally useless there is no such thing as unskilled labor

Shitpositing is unskilled labor

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

most fires burn themselves out

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

36% of cases in tennessee are kids. this matches kentucky which also sees 1/3 of cases are kids. this seems not good

https://www.wkrn.com/news/children-now-account-for-36-of-tennessees-virus-cases/

just.... :(

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Solarin posted:

most fires burn themselves out

How did you find Bidens covid strategy post-it?!?!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

My poor horses.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Of course it's capitalism and media that's fueling it because keeping people dumb and angry to glue their eyes to your channel is insanely lucrative

I think it's become a Frankenstein's monster situation. They built the stupid and now the stupid is eating horse paste and infecting people with a preventable disease.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

heirloom tomato season already!

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Their stupidity is one of the worst existential threats to society. Lol lmao

I wonder if the future historians will argue that Facebook (and all social networks) was the actual underlying reason for the collapse (like lead pipes in rome) instead of pointing out the real reason was capitalism

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/2-...tZNu2xlszyDo0Xc

quote:

LAKE STEVENS — The perennial powerhouse Lake Stevens High School football team’s first two games have been canceled as a result of its program being shut down for COVID-19 protocols after two players tested positive.

The Vikings have suspended team activites until Sept. 4, according to Lake Stevens School District spokesperson Jayme Taylor.

Lake Stevens was slated to open its season against a pair of KingCo 4A powers, with non-league showdowns against Eastlake on Sept. 3 and Mount Si on Sept. 10.

The Eastlake game was canceled because it occurs during the program shutdown. The Mount Si game was canceled because the Vikings won’t have accumulated enough practices by then, according to Lake Stevens athletic director Jason Pearson. Per Washington Interscholastic Activities Association rules, football players need to participate in 12 practices before they are eligible to play in games.

lmao football is going to be a disaster, again

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

smoobles posted:

TRUMP *cough* WON! *cough*

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

NPR just ran a segment on how you can maintain a safe polyamorous sex pod during a worsening pandemic.

Steve Innskeep getting unreasonably horny

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I wonder if the future historians will argue that Facebook (and all social networks) was the actual underlying reason for the collapse (like lead pipes in rome) instead of pointing out the real reason was capitalism

lol you think there's going to be a future

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1430909950730113027

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

"future historians" lol people argue that poo poo right now all the time

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

crepeface posted:

lol you think there's going to be a future

He means the archeologists of the species that evolves from cockroaches.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My poor horses.

:blastu::horse:

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I think there's a deeper cynicism to it. If the liberals scream about "the unvaxxed barbarian hordes" and the chuds scream about "muh freedoms!", you effectively prevent both camps from radicalizing one dead family member/friend/coworker a time.
I'm not saying that this was built on purpose, but the rulers surely must see it as beneficial with perhaps a few annoying side-effects.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

VomitOnLino posted:

I think there's a deeper cynicism to it. If the liberals scream about "the unvaxxed barbarian hordes" and the chuds scream about "muh freedoms!", you effectively prevent both camps from radicalizing one dead family member/friend/coworker a time.
I'm not saying that this was built on purpose, but the rulers surely must see it as beneficial with perhaps a few annoying side-effects.

you're giving the rulers far too much credit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

chances are that your job, too, is pointless and stupid.

I am a tax preparer/accountant and I think the tax system in America is a scam and that return free filing should be a thing. And no, that isn't because I specialize in businesses so I'd still have a job in a return free filing world.

So, basically, yeah.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

where did the “we dare not implement NPIs without strict exit criteria” talking point come from? I see it everywhere and it’s driving me nuts.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
A new series of American Horror Story just started but it’s just the news. p weird

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Covok posted:

I am a tax preparer/accountant and I think the tax system in America is a scam and that return free filing should be a thing. And no, that isn't because I specialize in businesses so I'd still have a job in a return free filing world.

So, basically, yeah.

It's a complete scam so that TurboTax and the like can keep making billions. The IRS knows drat well exactly how much money you owe. The layers of needless complication just scare people into giving lovely corporations money, and better enable the ultra-rich to pay nothing in taxes.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

the manager said it was this patient’s right to be able to leave his room

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Insanite posted:

where did the “we dare not implement NPIs without strict exit criteria” talking point come from? I see it everywhere and it’s driving me nuts.

chuds, like ron paul blasting fauci in hearing months ago "when does it end dr. fauci!??? WHAT IS THE DATE???"

they want a date because it's how you start bargaining and improving your position. oh ok january 2022? well see it's like x, y, z so really november 2021 is close enough and we're going to do that instead

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

CHEMISTRY GOONS: Does anyone know if you can buy the covid rapid test reagent/strips in bulk somewhere? The binaxNow tests are starting to get scarce but am wondering if you can essentially build your own with the proper chemicals. I am assuming someone is making this poo poo in non-consumer quantities and it doesn't seem like the chemistry is that complicated

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Insanite posted:

I've been seeing this also. WHAT IS THE END GAME?! WHAT DOES VICTORY LOOK LIK?!? *points to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Decon posted:

It's a complete scam so that TurboTax and the like can keep making billions. The IRS knows drat well exactly how much money you owe. The layers of needless complication just scare people into giving lovely corporations money, and better enable the ultra-rich to pay nothing in taxes.

yes, other countries just send you all of your tax info, already done and prepared

once again america invents a Kafkaesque nightmare of bureaucracy just to squeeze more money out of its citizens

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
man I need to push personal responsibility tactic at work. I wonder how long it would take before I’d get fired.

we’re just throwing our kids to the meat grinder. I drop my kid off and more than half are just not even masking outside or just poo poo cloth masks. I move already gotten inquiries on mine and my kid’s kf94. I’m in Michigan so the community spread isn’t like the rest but it’s going to happen…

we have a mandate but if it wasn’t there oh boy.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Greenwood County SC has figured this all out. The rest of you are complete idiots.

quote:

GREENWOOD COUNTY, S.C. —
In a video to Greenwood School District 50 staff Thursday, Superintendent Steve Glenn announced that the district will have virtual learning days on Friday, Sept. 3, and Tuesday, Sept. 7.

The district will observe the Labor Day holiday as scheduled on Monday, Sept. 6.

Dr. Glenn stated, “Our students and staff have worked extremely hard during the first few weeks of school despite the continual challenges presented by the pandemic and the high community spread we are experiencing. Our top priority has always been to provide our students with quality instruction in a safe learning environment. We have monitored our student and staff absences on a daily basis during the first few weeks of schools and recently released a COVID-19 dashboard with our numbers. In an effort to continue providing our students with great instruction while doing it safely, we feel it is in the best interest of our schools, students, staff and community to have two virtual learning days around the Labor Day holiday. This will allow us to maximize a contact break and reduce face-to-face contact. We look forward to everyone returning to school on Wednesday, September 8.”

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ed-balls-izer

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Davidlaz/status/1430911754234515459

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

inferis posted:

the manager said it was this patient’s right to be able to leave his room

i gotta right for him right here (my fist)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the irs does not know how much money you owe at all if you have any income that is not reported . they won’t know your losses

and then they aren’t going to know what you owe because they won’t know facts about your life that are relevant for for deductions and credits

they also aren’t going to know your filing status

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WampaLord posted:

yes, other countries just send you all of your tax info, already done and prepared

once again america invents a Kafkaesque nightmare of bureaucracy just to squeeze more money out of its citizens

lmao no .

it’s the opposite

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Open Biden has healed the divide in this country by making all states red states

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

mod sassinator posted:

chuds, like ron paul blasting fauci in hearing months ago "when does it end dr. fauci!??? WHAT IS THE DATE???"

they want a date because it's how you start bargaining and improving your position. oh ok january 2022? well see it's like x, y, z so really november 2021 is close enough and we're going to do that instead

I'd call him a fuckwit, but Ron Paul knows drat well you can't ask for an end date on a natural disaster.

"When does it end, Richard W. Spinrad!" ~ screams chud grifter in the midst of a cat 5 hurricane.

WampaLord posted:

But only the poor/middle class ones.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

income taxes are a form of social engineering so they are going to be complicated

I’m sorry the USA isn’t a 3 million population country the size of southern New Jersey

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Yo, we actually do though? My insurance company told me they'd drop my rates a few years ago if I lost 25 pounds and kept it off. Not in those exact words. My company called it an "employee wellness discount."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

euphronius posted:

lmao no .

it’s the opposite

:wrong: