Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

in my defense we decided it's a movie night and they picked frozen 2 again
actually like frozen 2 compared to 1, better songs imo
lol we doin toy story 3 tomorrow since we finished 2 recently
probably our 6th time around the series
gonna try not and lmao during the incinerator scene

edit snype, seen below, the federal government's response to covid/ida
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7uNGUJa7ak&t=56s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tzen posted:

actually like frozen 2 compared to 1, better songs imo
lol we doin toy story 3 tomorrow since we finished 2 recently
probably our 6th time around the series
gonna try not and lmao during the incinerator scene

edit snype, seen below, the federal government's response to covid/ida
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7uNGUJa7ak&t=56s

frozen 2 is good until you get to the end and she doesn't let the angry native gods flood the town for being colonizing pieces of poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's like how the end of the Lorax fuckin sucks because they don't hang the Onceler.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Frozen 2 is a loving mess

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1431859220052332545

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1431739898873139210

well, let's see:

* the 0 to 15 year age cohort in the US was 18.7% of the US population as of 2019

* that comes out to 62.317 million people

* if we only take 80% of that, to narrow the range to 0 to 12 years (bad napkin math, I know), we get 49.85 million people

* if we take 75% of that, we get 37.39 million infected people

* with a rough estimate of 1 in 12 people getting long COVID, that's 3.11 million people with long COVID

* and with a CFR of 1.70%, that's 635,630 dead

open biden

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

durrneez posted:

open biden

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

durrneez posted:

open biden

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

durrneez posted:

open biden

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nothus posted:

So one of my wife's coworkers turned up positive after refusing to get vaccinated. Now my wife is sick and we went to get tested here in western Connecticut. Two days pass and no reply. Turns out they didn’t get a good enough sample from my wife to process and they hosed up entering my email address into the system. So she was reswabbed today and I have to wait until business hours on Monday to call and get my results.

I don't know why we bothered.
loving hell
best of luck man

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schmeichy posted:

Frozen 2 is a loving mess
yeah, like i said songs good, the rest of it :dafuq:
anyways,

durrneez posted:

open biden

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Tzen posted:

yeah, like i said songs good, the rest of it :dafuq:
anyways,

There's a documentary of the making of it that is full of animators and writers near tears with frustration and stress

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nothus posted:

So one of my wife's coworkers turned up positive after refusing to get vaccinated. Now my wife is sick and we went to get tested here in western Connecticut. Two days pass and no reply. Turns out they didn’t get a good enough sample from my wife to process and they hosed up entering my email address into the system. So she was reswabbed today and I have to wait until business hours on Monday to call and get my results.

I don't know why we bothered.

:(

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Ahahahahaha.

Ha. ha.

We're so hosed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aussie feds now threatening states to open er up or else now that one of the chud states has unstoppable spread

https://twitter.com/smh/status/1431857283458273281?s=19

“Learning to live with the virus is our only hope. To delay and deny that fact is not only wrong but incredibly unrealistic,” Mr Frydenberg said.

“It’s in no one’s interests for states to be on different tracks when it comes to opening up. It would be ridiculous in the extreme to be able to travel to Canada but not Cairns, or Singapore but not Perth.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 29, 2021

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Schmeichy posted:

There's a documentary of the making of it that is full of animators and writers near tears with frustration and stress

Was that just because the studio heads were trying to molest them?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
oh, oh, oh, oh, oppen biden style

heyyyy, ven-ti-la-tor

raw dogging reality isnt going so well right now LOL

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

(slaps side of truck trailer) this bad boy can fit a dozen bodies

edit: I’m genuinely surprised they hold so few bodies

Remember that dude hauling covid corpses in a pickup truck in philly? He had at least 12 in the back of that thing.

No one gave a shiiiiiit.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

VomitOnLino posted:

By the way would any other helpful goon be up for shipping me some respirator to glorious idiotic nippon?
Did someone already take you up on this? If not PM me I'll order what you need and send it out.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1431739898873139210

well, let's see:

* the 0 to 15 year age cohort in the US was 18.7% of the US population as of 2019

* that comes out to 62.317 million people

* if we only take 80% of that, to narrow the range to 0 to 12 years (bad napkin math, I know), we get 49.85 million people

* if we take 75% of that, we get 37.39 million infected people

* with a rough estimate of 1 in 12 people getting long COVID, that's 3.11 million people with long COVID

* and with a CFR of 1.70%, that's 635,630 dead

don't worry

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/bnwlfsnNYT/status/1431300118137933824

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Apraxin posted:

if Covid was visible - or better yet, human sized - and had a face of some kind that cops/military/freedom-loving citizens could be authorized shoot, i think the pandemic would have been over by last summer at latest

If COVID wore a turban delta would be a faction the US trained and armed to deal with the original variant and is now turning those weapons back on its handlers because they were never friends.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Just over here in Vancouver, watching the number get back up to 'holy poo poo no that's bad' levels while everyone in government, business, and the public pretends our spikey crisis is over. oh and the entire province, along with the west coast, is on fire, and yeah that climate thing? bad. but number is happy apparently. wife and kids asleep, I'm smoking more blunts than I need and listening to political punk that 20 years ago was calling for guillotines. it was a good run lads. I'm super fortunate wfh crew, and man gently caress that, I'm playing FFXIV and getting high and then I'm gonna homeschool my last kid in Sept. on the clock cause gently caress you. gently caress this.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schmeichy posted:

yeah me and my spouse binged it over a week and man some of the creators got completely wrecked by the process
i felt esp bad for some of the folks that produced/sung whole songs and animation sequences that just fell to the cutting room floor
also still curious about that bit where the cameras had to leave the room because poo poo hit the fan after one of their pre-screenings

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Baddog posted:

Remember that dude hauling covid corpses in a pickup truck in philly? He had at least 12 in the back of that thing.

No one gave a shiiiiiit.
as i read "remember that dude hauling covid corpses" i pictured that video from india where the corpse flew out of the vehicle during a turn
loving gently caress

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Baddog posted:

No one gave a shiiiiiit.

holy poo poo, what.

i found this article on it: https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/bodies-pick-up-truck-medical-examiner-ford-overflow-storage-20200420.html

this part made me chuckle:

quote:

He declined to identify the hospital. But scrawled in black marker on two of the white body bags were the words “Albert Einstein Medical” and “Einstein Med Center.”

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Tzen posted:

as i read "remember that dude hauling covid corpses" i pictured that video from india where the corpse flew out of the vehicle during a turn
loving gently caress

holy poo poo what!!!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Tzen posted:

yeah me and my spouse binged it over a week and man some of the creators got completely wrecked by the process
i felt esp bad for some of the folks that produced/sung whole songs and animation sequences that just fell to the cutting room floor
also still curious about that bit where the cameras had to leave the room because poo poo hit the fan after one of their pre-screenings

I'm surprised Disney actually put it up for streaming. "A full illustration of how toxic our work environment is. Working on one of our movies will take years off your life!"

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Schmeichy posted:

I'm surprised Disney actually put it up for streaming. "A full illustration of how toxic our work environment is. Working on one of our movies will take years off your life!"

lol the quality of Disney stuff has also been down the tubes lately so it sounds like they're firing on all cylinders over there

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Haha ok I misremembered, it was only five or six. But the memory of dude standing on them, and pushing them out like loving logs definitely stuck with me though.

At the time I was like "ok this picture will do it, this will make people take this poo poo seriously"

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Aussie feds now threatening states to open er up or else now that one of the chud states has unstoppable spread

https://twitter.com/smh/status/1431857283458273281?s=19

“Learning to live with the virus is our only hope. To delay and deny that fact is not only wrong but incredibly unrealistic,” Mr Frydenberg said.

“It’s in no one’s interests for states to be on different tracks when it comes to opening up. It would be ridiculous in the extreme to be able to travel to Canada but not Cairns, or Singapore but not Perth.

loving murderous hogs should volunteer to have their families live with the virus first and lead by example

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Baddog posted:

Haha ok I misremembered, it was only five or six. But the memory of dude standing on them, and pushing them out like loving logs definitely stuck with me though.

At the time I was like "ok this picture will do it, this will make people take this poo poo seriously"

still, 5 or 6 is a lot!! thats like two layers deep?

it’s philly, so maybe 2.5 layers?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Tzen posted:

lol yeah
also wondering why those few in the back row got it while others closer to the teacher didn't
then again maybe the kids closer got it and then spread it to their friends who happen to sit further away
maybe the kids that didn't get it had better masks
who loving knows too many variables
loving school during a pandemic, what a shitshow

windows were open, air was blowing in, particles blew right from teacher

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
they thread

i need some help

i have a friend in NY and another in WA who both think schools should reopen

i was chatting with them on whatsapp and told them about the risks and how delta is much scarier, but they basically responded with "well a year of remote learning has made students fall behind, poor students especially, and besides school provides nutrition to so many kids in poverty" etc. etc.

they cite "studies" that purportedly show that covid isn't that deadly for kids, therefore it's "worth it" to send them back to school

how the hell can i convince these crazies to come to their senses

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress your loving friends

if they have kids wish their kids a speedy death
if they are childless wish them a speedy death

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

they thread

i need some help

i have a friend in NY and another in WA who both think schools should reopen

i was chatting with them on whatsapp and told them about the risks and how delta is much scarier, but they basically responded with "well a year of remote learning has made students fall behind, poor students especially, and besides school provides nutrition to so many kids in poverty" etc. etc.

they cite "studies" that purportedly show that covid isn't that deadly for kids, therefore it's "worth it" to send them back to school

how the hell can i convince these crazies to come to their senses

do they actually have or interact with kids?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

VomitOnLino posted:

By the way I just wanted to post this as general FYI apropos nothing.
DO NOT GET YOUR NEWS ABOUT JAPAN FROM ENGLISH JAPANESE NEWS SITES

These articles somehow always end up mysteriously painting a much rosier and chuddier picture of what is actually going on than their still not 100% honest, but better, Japanese language counterparts. This has always sort of been the case and I'm not sure why (Propaganda? Olympics? Attracting foreign workers/tourists? All of the above?) but in recent times the difference between the two has really scissored apart and it's just at mind-boggling (crack pinging) extent now.

To wit (English article):

Article (English):
https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14428381

Meanwhile in Japanese for the SAME newspaper:

It goes on

Article (Japanese):
https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASP8X6WZLP8XUTIL004.html?iref=pc_special_coronavirus_top

Another Japanese article, again same newspaper same day:

Article (Japanese, Paywalled):
https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASP8X6HGNP8XUTIL01J.html?iref=pc_special_coronavirus_top
quoting for truth

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

do they actually have or interact with kids?

one has kids the other doesn't (but expecting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

durrneez posted:

holy poo poo what!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhsNK144Dc