Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Nate started out as a libertarian online poker player, so covid is just making him return to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

my favorite part of all these “school is closed for x days due to covid” articles is that they rarely say what they’re going to do different once they kids come back in a week or so.

They caught it outside of school by letting their guard down so why should the school do anything different?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

my favorite part of all these “school is closed for x days due to covid” articles is that they rarely say what they’re going to do different once they kids come back in a week or so.

they have to run out of staff and students eventually

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

drop dead

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

treating covid as endemic would lead to a complete collapse of our healthcare system lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

She's doing the same exact thing that chuds do when they accuse people of virtue signaling for being anti-racist or whatever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god lmao

https://twitter.com/coriewhalen/status/1432411396470460430?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not wanting to die is selfish I guess

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

living longer means using up more resources of this already dying planet so yeah kinda

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

The people here making jokes about being goose-stepped into Applebee's to Do Their Part weren't far off

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
cspam thread is literally rust cohle, we bear witness

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Very selfish to prevent people from achieving their life goal of being responsible for millions of deaths

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Fireside Nut posted:

Which industry are you in?

I meant working in tech so I can just sit at home and perform my career without issue. Compared to, for instance the medical industry that does not have that luxury and are being overwhelmed.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

"I'm not calling you crazy, I'm *professionally* calling you crazy"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Libs know switching to the "endemic covid" narrative is society admitting defeat and the only way they have to deal with it is to beat on the "seek therapy" drum.

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

pretty sure Puerto Rico has less covid than any US state

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

It's all stupid too and could be in large ways solved by just doing the half assed measures we were taking last fall when cases were way lower. Like nobody is asking anyone to sit at home forever literally just asking you to respect the health of others. If you want to go to Applebee's and the bar then whatever, that battle has been lost, I don't even care. But wear a loving mask when you go to the grocery store or other shopping so you don't expose everyone else to your choices.

Similarly with schools if parents are intent on sending their kids to the plague mines then fine, whatever, but make it easy for parents that don't want to do that to have safe options available.

And if the CDC is terrified about vaccine hesitancy and having to craft their message around dumbasses that don't care about their health then I do not give a poo poo. But don't craft the actual rules around that and do poo poo like stopping people from even being able to get a booster unless they are willing to lie and find a pharmacist that is willing to look the other way. All I ask at this point is that they stop trying to prevent me from protecting me and mine.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Like, even if covid is endemic and zero covid is impossible, it's still a good idea to stay the gently caress home and 1) not contribute to hospital collapse 2) try to avoid covid until therapeutics and boosters get better at preventing lifelong lung and brain damage

But yes I'm the one who needs therapy for adjusting my social life during a pandemic.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
*carefully adjusting the position of my body using several markers and monitors over several minutes for absolutely perfect alignment before mashing the kick me in my junk button*

https://twitter.com/eliowa/status/1432681082261057542?s=19

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Foo Diddley posted:

did twitter ban bill mitchell tweets or did the trump thread ban them? 'cuz i haven't seen any in a while

He got banned, for a COVID misinfo post I believe. PIP to a real one

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Nothus posted:

Libs know switching to the "endemic covid" narrative is society admitting defeat and the only way they have to deal with it is to beat on the "seek therapy" drum.

Whether by rectally-administered dewormer overdose or by the long term damage induced by severe respiratory infection, the scale of willful self harm has tripped my empathetic circuit breaker. It's too much. I can and have dragged close acquaintances and family away from the ledge, but beyond that there's nothing I can do to keep the same crowd that thought Trump was a successful businessman from also thinking that only their Facebook kook scientists are correct regarding public health decisions.

I don't really see giving up as defeat anymore because I am 💯% down for encouraging my political adversaries to willfully harm themselves and reduce their voting population.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
One in 85 people in my state currently have COVID.

We both tested neg, btw. Partner's PCR and my rapid.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Boys would treat covid as a pandemic and stay inside rather than go to therapy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

lil poopendorfer posted:

He got banned, for a COVID misinfo post I believe. PIP to a real one

makes sense that he doesn't realize that medical professionals absolutely care about persistent diarrhea and would take reported symptoms seriously.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

treating covid as endemic would lead to a complete collapse of our healthcare system lmao

I mean, it does right now? What do these people think treating Covid as endemic would look like, compared to now?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
They think "_____________"

They'd rather not be thinking about it

That's weird, my orthopedic procedure keeps getting pushed back 🤔

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Murphy is saying New Jersey will get boosters starting September 20th, and is looking to reopen mega sites to help with that process. I think 8 months since 2nd dose.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MadJackal finally found his hinge honey

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Potato Salad posted:

Whether by rectally-administered dewormer overdose or by the long term damage induced by severe respiratory infection, the scale of willful self harm has tripped my empathetic circuit breaker. It's too much. I can and have dragged close acquaintances and family away from the ledge, but beyond that there's nothing I can do to keep the same crowd that thought Trump was a successful businessman from also thinking that only their Facebook kook scientists are correct regarding public health decisions.

I don't really see giving up as defeat anymore because I am 💯% down for encouraging my political adversaries to willfully harm themselves and reduce their voting population.

I totally understand the catharsis of it, and letting go of people you can't reach is probably the healthiest thing to do personally.

But you'd think a bunch of brain genius twitter dipshits who love freakonomic big data would figure out that huge numbers of people with long-term health effects from covid is bad for society in the aggregate.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

corie wants that blue check so bad

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

spaceblancmange posted:

It's just so incredibly loving stupid on every level.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shitpostradomus posted:

One in 85 people in my state currently have COVID.

We both tested neg, btw. Partner's PCR and my rapid.

Probably at least 2x that in reality too, given how depressed testing has become.

One wierd trick to speedrun through a wave.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

with my 3 Pfizer shot, I'm filled with regret
i'll give it another month and then it's Moderna army time

Glumwheels posted:

My 4th shot is gonna be moderna.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 31, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Can't believe Walmart gave me the good Vaxx :smug:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"You need therapy" says person enraged at others not going to Applebee's during a pandemic

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zurtilik posted:

BREAKING: U.S. Reports 264,629 new Coronavirus cases, the highest since January 9tt – BNO News 8/30/21

Coronavirus: U.S. hits daily average of 100,000 hospitalizations - NBC News 8/30/21

Governor Beshear reported 2,619 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, bringing the state total to 572,517 cases. The governor says the state is seeing an 13.45% positivity rate, which is the highest it’s ever been. Of Monday’s new cases, 752 are in kids 18 or younger. WYKT – 8/30/21

Kentucky breaks COVID-19 hospitalizations record for second week in a row – WLKY 8/30/21

=)
lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i dont even like Applebee’s

now if you’re forcing me to go to Olive Garden…

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

Me, at my 'first' shot the other week:

Tech: "any questions before I give you the shot?"
Me: "yeah I was kinda hoping for Moderna but they put Pfizer on my card so I guess that's what I'm getting"
Tech: "well they're pretty much the same"

lol, lose again
lmao everyone is so stupid

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
gf and I wore those Sperian/Honeywell P100 valved masks/glasses to the zoo, never taking them off and they felt mostly comfortable and weren't any harder to breathe through than the respirator, then found out a couple we know is taking a cruise next week with their two young kids. nice to have a sobering reminder nothing matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Tzen posted:

with my 3 Pfizer shot, I'm filled with regret
i'll give it another month and then it's Moderna army time

From what I understand shot #3 is where Pfizer starts really getting good. (Moderna still better though)

Speaking of, I’m almost 48 hours from my third Pfizer shot. Worse than my first shot (just a sore arm) but not as bad as my second shot (which absolutely wrecked me for 28 hours). Still have a sore arm but my lymph nodes are no longer sore and my headache has gone away. Told some trusted co-workers how I got it and pushed them towards getting theirs but they feel anxious about not doing things the “legit” way.