Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Ruggan posted:

do you ever have moments where you think about these people that died and how some of them were probably pretty nice and cool people and it’s actually incredibly sad that so many people are dying and they will never be a part of society ever again

if it helps, there are lots of bad people and people that really deserved it dying too. like all those idiot anti-vaxxer radio hosts and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Pretty crazy but also totally predictable that Covid was Epstein’s contingency.

Ho Jesus, as if I weren't crack-pinged enough.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

up next

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

number of times Mr hootington has caught covid

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is officially abandoning covid zero and adopting the "vaccines cure everything" approach, easing restrictions as we get to 70% one dose in approximately a month.

Rip to me as an immunocompromised essential worker with asthma and high blood pressure.

Victoria records 120 COVID cases and two deaths as details of lockdown extension announced
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-01/victoria-covid-cases-lockdown-melbourne-restrictions/100423686

Sydney already abandoned covid zero and is continuing to get about 1,100 cases per day.

Flattening the curve. poo poo sucks.

Don't know how long we can hold out up here or whether we'll go straight into suppression rather than try elimination once more when we get cases again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mod sassinator posted:

how is perth faring, are they still zero transmission and cases?

lol the one place left in western democracies that is virus free if so

Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Hobart... essentially everyone not named Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra are covid free. I'll never get to visit Queensland or Tasmania I guess. Luckily I saw Perth and Adelaide in Dec 2019 and Dec 2020 respectively.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schnorkles posted:

u wanna know the single most annoying thing you have to deal with in radioactive decay equations with foreign sourced poo poo?

daylight savings time i swear to god

admin system running extracts in UK accidentally set to local time = 4 DST changes. it was loving madness

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Hobart... essentially everyone not named Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra are covid free. I'll never get to visit Queensland or Tasmania I guess. Luckily I saw Perth and Adelaide in Dec 2019 and Dec 2020 respectively.

i was just scrolling around on google maps and lmao, seriously.. this is a place? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocklebiddy,_Western_Australia

Cocklebiddy

lmao

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I don't check the thread for 18 hours and I have 1300+ new posts. Congrats goons!

Anyone have that Covid Thread posts vs Positive Covid cases graph handy?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RC Cola posted:

I don't check the thread for 18 hours and I have 1300+ new posts. Congrats goons!

Anyone have that Covid Thread posts vs Positive Covid cases graph handy?

covid is over

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

covid is over

COVID is OVER and everyone here has COVIDTHREAD SYNDROME

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Ruggan posted:

do you ever have moments where you think about these people that died and how some of them were probably pretty nice and cool people and it’s actually incredibly sad that so many people are dying and they will never be a part of society ever again

All of the time.
The worst horse-med gobbler is just some random goober.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

mod sassinator posted:

if it helps, there are lots of bad people and people that really deserved it dying too. like all those idiot anti-vaxxer radio hosts and such.

It does help a little

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mod sassinator posted:

i was just scrolling around on google maps and lmao, seriously.. this is a place? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocklebiddy,_Western_Australia

Cocklebiddy

lmao

Oh buddy that's just the start. https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/some-of-the-funniest-and-crudest-place-names-around-australia-919677/

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
wherein zeynep discovers that yes, the outbreak that hit loving CNN breaking news on Dec 31st was in fact known by actual, serious scientists around the world a bit ahead of that

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1432869196216651777?s=19

this timeline was even in that netflix documentary last year too. jfc we have to stop giving these people platforms

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i have defeated covid by assimilating with it

vaxxers btfo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Epic High Five posted:

covid is over

covid is so over, two of the top people in charge of approving vaccines at the FDA decided to quit today

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

covid is so over, two of the top people in charge of approving vaccines at the FDA decided to quit today

"retired"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
one mutant retired

covid over

close biden

wait no open biden

new mutant dropped so now covid back up again everyone to your battle stations, gloves, masks, *bangs pots and pans*, hand sanitizer lets go folks we can't afford to waste any time to let this one get ugly, get your booster shots rounds in that feeding belt so help me allah we will not let them breach into humankind once again to arms!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

fosborb posted:

wherein zeynep discovers that yes, the outbreak that hit loving CNN breaking news on Dec 31st was in fact known by actual, serious scientists around the world a bit ahead of that

this timeline was even in that netflix documentary last year too. jfc we have to stop giving these people platforms

okay this is ghoing to be crazy and maybe you need to reread this a few times but a stupid thread on a subforum of a dead comedy website knew about it in november

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

good news all we monkey paw defeated wild type covid

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i hope george lucas makes a COVID documentary and calls it "SARS Wars"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
help me Tony Fauci, you're my only hope!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

fosborb posted:

thats the bit right? shes clearly not being selected for the role due to competence, what gives?!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Melbourne is officially abandoning covid zero and adopting the "vaccines cure everything" approach, easing restrictions as we get to 70% one dose in approximately a month.

Rip to me as an immunocompromised essential worker with asthma and high blood pressure.

Victoria records 120 COVID cases and two deaths as details of lockdown extension announced
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-01/victoria-covid-cases-lockdown-melbourne-restrictions/100423686

Sydney already abandoned covid zero and is continuing to get about 1,100 cases per day.

The best part of the last six months has been the slow, dawning realization that every government in the world (except maybe China) is secretly incredibly jealous of the suicidal Open Biden US strategy. They're all just slowly testing the waters as to whether their populations are stupid enough to go along with it.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

when did i, forums poster sphyre, first hear of the wuhan. it was so long ago. can't remember

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
haha poo poo is worse than ever and all our demented president can do is horsley say open er up while every teacher in the nation dies and half the nation poisons themselves and their children with toxic paste for deworming horses.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

What the gently caress, why the sudden change? Just that numbers weren't dropping and syndey kicked off a prisoners dilemma?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Paradoxish posted:

The best part of the last six months has been the slow, dawning realization that every government in the world (except maybe China) is secretly incredibly jealous of the suicidal Open Biden US strategy. They're all just slowly testing the waters as to whether their populations are stupid enough to go along with it.

they are!

Anyone got the links to the first covid threads?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the elites want you and your family to die. the social contract is gone. flee, flee for your lives

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

Chad Sexington posted:

I am on warfarin for a mechanical valve. COVID itself can cause a silent liver stunning or failure which can lead to an overdose of blood thinner. It's no joke.

(Of course, still navigating the "disability accommodation" myself to avoid going back to the office deathtrap.)

yeah I’m trying to figure out how to claim that shir so I can go back to wfh - heart poo poo should be enough of a risk factor I hope…

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

spaceblancmange posted:

they are!

Anyone got the links to the first covid threads?

this is the first one i posted in

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

they should change this to a slide whistle. it’s what we deserve.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

check this poo poo out:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

old covid threads have a few hits still

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

honestly, the best op

11 million people in Wuhan got quarantined because of a virus that started in a fish market. It only has a 3% mortality rate so far compared to SARS 10%. It causes pneumonia and is most deadly to old people and obese goons. Good luck.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Stereotype posted:

haha poo poo is worse than ever and all our demented president can do is horsley say open er up while every teacher in the nation dies and half the nation poisons themselves and their children with toxic paste for deworming horses.

COVID has divided America so much loving harder than Trump ever did and it's hilarious. We're not even broken down along political lines anymore. Brunch liberals are literally tearing each other apart over poo poo like whether kids should be wearing masks in schools, while the "real" anti-maskers (naturally no liberal could ever be an anti-masker because they FOLLOW THE SCIENCE) just stand in the background screaming incoherently and smearing themselves with horse paste.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Was there one before this or was the chat about it just in other threads up until that point? I'm sure I read about it here in December

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
if you're posting in this thread, you're in on the ground floor, because covid will destroy the world that tries to live with it and this process will take decades:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3912152&perpage=40&pagenumber=19#post501970519

lmao cspam was right about it being linked to epstein in january of 2020