Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i got mad when i was told they never explain why 2% of people magically vanished. allegory is bullshit

For the sake of writing and themes you gotta leave things to the imagination. In many cases things are better left unsaid, and id say this advice should be applied as often and aggressively as possible on your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

“tales from the loop” was another devastatingly bad scifi anthology. literally goosebumps tier writing

yeah, i was thinking of that one because i can just tell that it's going to be bad but eventually i'm going to watch it, probably, lol.

horror is the same way, whenever i say i liked the mike flanagan shows people recommend stuff like american horror story or penny dreadful.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ArfJason posted:

For the sake of writing and themes you gotta leave things to the imagination. In many cases things are better left unsaid, and id say this advice should be applied as often and aggressively as possible on your posts

“ . . . “

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

“tales from the loop” was another devastatingly bad scifi anthology. literally goosebumps tier writing

Goosebumps ftw.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

ive been want to see this for years. playing in theater? available for rent somewhere?

on theater tour right now. itll be on 4k bluray via Metrograph Pictures but no idea about digital

e: its playing tonight and tomorrow night still at the brattle, btw

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HolePisser1982 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 17, 2021

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

they keep trying to do sci fi anthology things, like that philip k. dick mini series that amazon did, the twilight zone revival, but there always seems to be something missing. i watch them even if they're bad now because i just need it once in awihle.

i watched the first episode of the new twilight zone and hated it so much id get pissed when i saw kingo on other shows

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Much, much better. Thank you.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i tried watchin altered carbon because i like cyberpunk stuff generally and that show huffed my whole rear end. cant even put a finger on why, its just completely fuckin boring

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

i tried watchin altered carbon because i like cyberpunk stuff generally and that show huffed my whole rear end. cant even put a finger on why, its just completely fuckin boring

I read the books and they were actually good detective novels set in the future and now I sit here wondering how they hosed it up for the show so bad lol. They just kept the name and the concept of a quirky AI hotel, who was barely even a secondary character in the first book and was basically just window dressing. Anyway the books are decent, I give them a 7/10.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
need someone to adapt a greg egan book

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

there's nothing good on tv it all sucks rear end. except for mindhunter because I like to imagine the two detectives kissing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

need someone to adapt a greg egan book

gimme a greg egan recommendation

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

there's nothing good on tv it all sucks rear end. except for mindhunter because I like to imagine the two detectives kissing

i was about to say there's tv I liked and then I remembered the most recent one that was actually good and not just carried by 1 really good actor or w.e. is like 5 years old

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tv is tied with interpretive dance as the worst medium of all time

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

last interpretive dance i saw was a lady exaggeratedly scrubbing a floor for a while with a VERY stinky mix of eggs and water. lol. still 1000x better than raised by wolves

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the last interpretative dance I saw was on an episode of television and I actually liked it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

gimme a greg egan recommendation

quarantine, or one of the short story collections. quarantine is my favorite though. godlike ending

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

the last interpretative dance I saw was on an episode of television and I actually liked it

Was it Mac’s dance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's too many channels.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Was it Mac’s dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLU_dAlyRz8&t=30s

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i watched the first episode of the new twilight zone and hated it so much id get pissed when i saw kingo on other shows

I forgive kingo

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

on theater tour right now. itll be on 4k bluray via Metrograph Pictures but no idea about digital

e: its playing tonight and tomorrow night still at the brattle, btw

drat was hoping for a showing where I'm at and Madison is too far a drive to catch a flick., have fun hope it's a blast.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

The last episode of the first season features a Bioshock-level animated CGI Rod Serling with a Caliendo-tier voice actor. poo poo’s epic. Google “blurry man” lmfao and no that is not a joke.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Was it Mac’s dance.

lol I forgot about that one. it was an episode of room 104

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kingo poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The last episode of the first season features a Bioshock-level animated CGI Rod Serling with a Caliendo-tier voice actor. poo poo’s epic. Google “blurry man” lmfao and no that is not a joke.

omg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In season 2 the writers will be stepping into the twilight zone. Soon you will come to know when the bullet hits the bone.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Wormskull posted:

a Caliendo-tier voice actor.
lmfao
I wasn't prepared for how accurate this description was

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cubone posted:

lmfao
I wasn't prepared for how accurate this description was

the lip syncing is even off how

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

About five minutes before I saw him I knew they were going to put Rod into the episode (I watched the whole season out of morbid curiosity and mild disbelief) but I thought it was going to be some as tasteful as possible composite photography type poo poo, but it was that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In season 2 the writers will be stepping into the twilight zone. Soon you will come to know when the bullet hits the bone.