Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://twitter.com/stephiroth__/status/1462203323289939969?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a couple friends and i watched Grave of the Fireflies and holy poo poo what an absolutely agonizing movie. must-watch imo, Ghibli ftmfw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Started reading Eye of The World, haven’t read a bit. Fantasy series since I was a teenager so kind of ice to slip into one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic posted:

a couple friends and i watched Grave of the Fireflies and holy poo poo what an absolutely agonizing movie. must-watch imo, Ghibli ftmfw

its great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Started reading Eye of The World, haven’t read a bit. Fantasy series since I was a teenager so kind of ice to slip into one

YOu understand the author died before he finished it, yes? The first three books were chill IIRC

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looks like a wicked good reading of Ulysses is included with a audible plus membership bros. Jim Norton is based.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Looks like a wicked good reading of Ulysses is included with a audible plus membership bros. Jim Norton is based.

a podcast i listen to keeps recommending this book, you might like it
https://www.audible.com/pd/Difficult-Men-Audiobook/B00DL7X33K

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

cant wait to watch all of these famous prestige tv shows so i can read a book about them. yeah right. gently caress off

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I read the first seven books when i was a teenager already

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

YOu understand the author died before he finished it, yes? The first three books were chill IIRC

Ya I heard this but that it was fine because there were so many notes and stuff left for him to work with. Have 11 huge books to read before I worry about that anyway I guess

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The left click on my mouse is broken and unreliable and I experienced some actual fear trying to close this link and my mouse not responding.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I read the first seven books when i was a teenager already

Ya I heard this but that it was fine because there were so many notes and stuff left for him to work with. Have 11 huge books to read before I worry about that anyway I guess

yeh he left tons of notes and a bunc h of half-finished chapters and stuff, i think the second guy said like 2000 pages of stuff. the first of th three books by the other guy had a few super weird chapters that felt really disjointed and unfinished and everyone was like this dude's a hack! he wrote poo poo! and then the replacement guy posted somewhere that all those chapters were written by robert jordan while he was on his deathbed and he didnt want to touch them out of respect

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the wheel of time books are terrible much like all fantasy books. the best part about the books are the MULTIPLE scenes and descriptions of Rand al'Thor's (yes that IS the main characters name in this deeply stupid series) harem of lady wizards tugging at their braids in shifts while thier huge/ample/generous bosoms scenes. these happen SEVERAL times per book throughout the series. i have to assume that robert jordon was a big fan of late period hammer movies which almost always had tastefully shot cleavage in bodices and shifts inbetween peter cushings mumbling. this is the most interesting aspect of his writing and is, of course, absent in the tv show.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I actually love big tits so this is good to me

Fungah! posted:

yeh he left tons of notes and a bunc h of half-finished chapters and stuff, i think the second guy said like 2000 pages of stuff. the first of th three books by the other guy had a few super weird chapters that felt really disjointed and unfinished and everyone was like this dude's a hack! he wrote poo poo! and then the replacement guy posted somewhere that all those chapters were written by robert jordan while he was on his deathbed and he didnt want to touch them out of respect

yeah I had heard he generally did good but hadn't known that, that's cool.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pewdiepie posted:

The left click on my mouse is broken and unreliable and I experienced some actual fear trying to close this link and my mouse not responding.

check out ctrl+W (or cmd+W on a mac) it'll change your life.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The worst books are the middle ones RJ wrote but he got it mostly back on track before he died. And those books where nothing interesting happened are a lot more tolerable if you weren't waiting years between releases.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
There are no 15 book series of novels worth reading except for Hercule poirot by agatha vhristie

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
foundation ended pretty weak. not a lot of “verisimilitude” in the show

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Hade high hopes for this apple tv+ exvlusive streaming show ... Dashed!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hade high hopes for this apple tv+ exvlusive streaming show ... Dashed!

starting to think theres no such thing as good live action tv anymore. all thats left is anime.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I only watch tedious foreign movies on criterion channel and mubi :smirk:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

me watching Ninja Terminator: Oh sick, I love this actor. What’s that other ninja movie I saw him in?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

There are no 15 book series of novels worth reading except for Hercule poirot by agatha vhristie

The david suchet Poirot is very ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

me watching Ninja Terminator: Oh sick, I love this actor. What’s that other ninja movie I saw him in?

Godly filmography.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

powerful…….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0QT0xHtRrQ&t=9s

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Hell yeah

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol it really catches you by surprise when pink floyd starts playing

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

THIS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

cant wait to watch all of these famous prestige tv shows so i can read a book about them. yeah right. gently caress off

Thanks, and this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt posted:

The david suchet Poirot is very ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Imagine watching new Prestige TV on Amazon Prime instead of just rewatching The Sopranos Season 3. AJ is at Colombia right now looking at people and deciding if he is going to go to college FTW.