Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dramatika posted:

What's really important is who the gently caress do we be casting for Bayle Domon

Colm Meany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

withak posted:

Colm Meany.

This also works, His years as Miles O'Brian will finally have prepared him.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Colm Meaney is too drat old you nerds

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

rocketrobot posted:

Colm Meaney is too drat old you nerds

Fine then, his son. Charlie Day

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Goofballs posted:

Fine then, his son. Charlie Day

Charlie Cox?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

rocketrobot posted:

Charlie Cox?

Sorry it was a joke about the latest Always Sunny. Charlie Cox is way too handsome to be Domon

Thought now that I think about it Dennis would be a good Demandred.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 19, 2021

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Goofballs posted:

Sorry it was a joke about the latest Always Sunny. Charlie Cox is way too handsome to be Domon

He's not aging as well as Paul Rudd. But a mustacheless beard on him and he'll be less pretty.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This is your Bayle Domon

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

MegaZeroX posted:

Something someone pointed out to me is that in episode 7 every character basically everyone spends the episode reacting to their internal fears being whispered by Machin Shin

Rand is obvious of course, both with him being the Dragon hanging over his head and lashing out about Egwene not loving him

Moirane being told "You will murder them and call it heroism" is what causes her to warn that anyone that wasn't the Dragon was going to die.

Egwene was told that she was nothing and spends the episode as the strongest advocate for going (and thus amounting to something).

Nynaeve was told that she would do nothing to save the others as she heard them die, and then spent the entire episode trying to stop everyone from going.

Lan is told that he can't protect her (ambiguously who between Moiraine and Nynaeve), and the episode ends with him indeed being separated from one of the possibilities because he was sleeping with the other.

Perrin is barely in the episode, but what little of him is there has him denying that he ever loved Egwene, which Machin Shin indicated was the reason he killed his wife.

loial was told he doesn't really like books so he spent the whole episode in the library

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Lots of shadows in Fal Dara at night for a fade to shift into.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MegaZeroX posted:

Something someone pointed out to me is that in episode 7 every character basically everyone spends the episode reacting to their internal fears being whispered by Machin Shin

Rand is obvious of course, both with him being the Dragon hanging over his head and lashing out about Egwene not loving him

Moirane being told "You will murder them and call it heroism" is what causes her to warn that anyone that wasn't the Dragon was going to die.

Egwene was told that she was nothing and spends the episode as the strongest advocate for going (and thus amounting to something).

Nynaeve was told that she would do nothing to save the others as she heard them die, and then spent the entire episode trying to stop everyone from going.

Lan is told that he can't protect her (ambiguously who between Moiraine and Nynaeve), and the episode ends with him indeed being separated from one of the possibilities because he was sleeping with the other.

Perrin is barely in the episode, but what little of him is there has him denying that he ever loved Egwene, which Machin Shin indicated was the reason he killed his wife.

Yeah Rafe said this in the making of video.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

I was thinking Demandred but this works too, especially if they're combining Rahvin and Sammael

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Grillfiend posted:

I was thinking Demandred but this works too, especially if they're combining Rahvin and Sammael

I hope they don't. Cause I need a person with short man anger who complains to Graendal and I also need a hyper-competent sexy ruler who just never thought that Rand would show up on his door and then have Nynaeve with Moghedien, etc etc etc, in TAR.

Like really, poor Rahvin, he did everything he could and drat. I'm pro Rahvin.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I’m admittedly a bit burnt out on her but I don’t think she’d have the gravitas of a Cadsuane. Her character in The Expanse is probably a close approximation and I kind of find the yelling and such a bit forced when she has to control a situation, compared to just dominating a room with presence.

Absolutely would make for one of the Wise Ones though, I like that suggestion.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Brolander posted:

“They would not survive the ways”

(Cut to horses in the ways, under attack by machin shin)

YOU ARE A BAD HORSE
YOU ARE SLOW
YOU THREW THAT LITTLE BOY ON PURPOSE

ANTS

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Barreft posted:

I hope they don't. Cause I need a person with short man anger who complains to Graendal and I also need a hyper-competent sexy ruler who just never thought that Rand would show up on his door and then have Nynaeve with Moghedien, etc etc etc, in TAR.

Like really, poor Rahvin, he did everything he could and drat. I'm pro Rahvin.

Sexy as in the most rape-y of them all?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gully Foyle posted:

Sexy as in the most rape-y of them all?

Wtf? No

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Rahvin does a *lot* of mind control rape.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1472377787877142528

Looks like the fun little fan interaction turned into some real chatting.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Hate to tell you, but Rahvin had an entire compulsion rape-harem.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Henry Cavill is too cool to play a loser.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Devorum posted:

Hate to tell you, but Rahvin had an entire compulsion rape-harem.

"and *six others*"

Morgase's internal monologue that chapter was helllllla rough.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Reading Knife of Dreams and Egwene sowing discord all through out the White Tower while they keep her captive is pretty loving great. Although I hope this storyline is resolved this book. Although I don't think it will be.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sorry I just thought my joke about faving Rahvin made people think I thought he was a sexy rapist.

He's obviously terrible I was only talking about when Rand and Nynaeve surprised him. He was a really competent Forsaken and planned things out unlike most of the others. But he was still loving horrifying.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Barreft posted:

Sorry I just thought my joke about faving Rahvin made people think I thought he was a sexy rapist.

He's obviously terrible I was only talking about when Rand and Nynaeve surprised him. He was a really competent Forsaken and planned things out unlike most of the others. But he was still loving horrifying.

Nah that's cool, Rahvin is competent and nearly defeats Rand on his own - if Nynaeve/Moghedien hadn't shown up, who knows? Just don't like to see the word sexy used as a description for him.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gully Foyle posted:

Nah that's cool, Rahvin is competent and nearly defeats Rand on his own - if Nynaeve/Moghedien hadn't shown up, who knows? Just don't like to see the word sexy used as a description for him.

I mean he's described as super handsome by everyone. He's just also a compulsion rapist in addition to being handsome

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Barreft posted:

He's kind of tied with Graendal and Balthamel/Aran'gar for being a scary pervert. People could argue who is worst but he is a good villain I think is the point. Honestly I think Graendal is the worst just because she gets most 'screentime'

If you put Semirhage into the mix of who is the scariest pervert she wins but unlike always sunny Dennis she never gets off

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Barreft posted:

Honestly just thought you missed the compulsion bit.

Rahvin did seem like one of the few with a sound plan, he just got the ol' Ta'veren Turbofuck.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Devorum posted:

Honestly just thought you missed the compulsion bit.

Rahvin did seem like one of the few with a sound plan, he just got the ol' Ta'veren Turbofuck.

He killed Mat and Avi!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Holy poo poo , Semirhage just showed the gently caress up and blew off Rand's hand in Knife of Dreams. I was not expecting that at all. Knife of Dreams is good ya'll.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

It's really good

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It's interesting that they didn't hold off on the Dragon Reborn identity reveal until the climax. It's like the entire point of the first book, and they spent so much time being coy about it, only to not hold through to the end.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

bio347 posted:

It's interesting that they didn't hold off on the Dragon Reborn identity reveal until the climax. It's like the entire point of the first book, and they spent so much time being coy about it, only to not hold through to the end.

I'm glad they did it this way, too much to cram into the last episode as it is.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Love that chapter title, "A Plain Wooden Box"

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Reading The Great Hunt again and just got to Mat blowing the horn.

God scenes like this are why I put up with the bullshit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well after two books of chasing Perrin finally loving found Faile in Knife of Dreams, loving finally goddamn what a slog of a side story , but I'm excited to see what happens next for Perrin.

drat Galina's fate.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Lots of shadows in Fal Dara at night for a fade to shift into.

:hai:

Machin Shin in the books: "Flesh so fine, so fine to tear, to gnash the skin; skin to strip, to plait, so nice to plait the strips, so nice, so red the drops that fall; blood so red, so red, so sweet; sweet screams, pretty screams, singing screams, scream your song, sing your screams..."

Machin Shin in the show: "Why did you volunteer to write that log4j script? You don't know PowerShell. You can't remember the syntax to loop through objects. You're going to hard-lock your computer"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If I recall at least the end of the slog with the "infiltrate the city through the aqueduct" scheme was kinda cool, plus that whole Aram thing.

But holy poo poo not cool enough to justify all that

e: ^^ lmao. You too huh, what a way to spend the pre-holiday weekend

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

If I recall at least the end of the slog with the "infiltrate the city through the aqueduct" scheme was kinda cool, plus that whole Aram thing.

But holy poo poo not cool enough to justify all that

e: ^^ lmao. You too huh, what a way to spend the pre-holiday weekend

I dunno, the chemical warfare bit was really interesting in that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hughmoris posted:

:hai:

Machin Shin in the books: "Flesh so fine, so fine to tear, to gnash the skin; skin to strip, to plait, so nice to plait the strips, so nice, so red the drops that fall; blood so red, so red, so sweet; sweet screams, pretty screams, singing screams, scream your song, sing your screams..."

Machin Shin in the show: "Why did you volunteer to write that log4j script? You don't know PowerShell. You can't remember the syntax to loop through objects. You're going to hard-lock your computer"

Example 1 doesn't forward the plot, even though it's great and I quoted it earlier too. We got 8 episodes, gotta accelerate the plot.

Although your show example makes no sense to me, so I guess you're a well off keyboard toucher

Barreft fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 19, 2021