Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Black Stones posted:

So apparently Shonen Jump English/Viz isn’t putting out chapter 94 of Ayakashi Triangle but will be putting out 95. Anyone know what happened that Viz elected to go “gently caress this?”

Manga Plus is also skipping the chapter so something is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Elfface posted:

I'm not going to risk searching, but I do have to ask...

Naked child race as in species, or as in running?

Based on what little of negima and uq holder I read the second

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

muscles like this! posted:

just looked at the raw, and lmao yeah, aint no loving way they publishing that lol

Lolicon poo poo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gross

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Looking at the raw, its probably a scene with Rochka thats got viz understably jumpy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm not envious of Viz's situation. They're between the devil and the deep blue sea on this one.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sure, but like they probably care less if people see it, more just don't want it on their own platforms.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ayashimon: drat these Enmas loving came to wreck poo poo up. Wonder if our boy is gonna be dealt his first L.

Elusive Samurai: I'm glad for the twist that the adults actually know the kid is a huge brat but can't really bring themselves to reprimand him because they know they're responsible for the way he is (foisting all the responsibility on him). Also fun to see Toshiyuki being the chaser and not the chased for this game, so it looks like a fun arc! Also I didn't realize he'd been there for 2 years now, if I'm reading that correctly? drat, the time passage is insane????

Mashle: It sort of gets tiring how the manga seems to be constantly showing you a piece of poo poo villain and then going "But actually he's got his reasons" right before their defeat. Actually it's probably like 2 or 3 times at most but it sure feels like it pops up way more than it should!!!!

Roboco: I haven't read the new chapter yet.

Sakamoto: Hell yeah Sakamoto (the manga) rules. Sakamoto (the store owner) also rules, too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mashle: It sort of gets tiring how the manga seems to be constantly showing you a piece of poo poo villain and then going "But actually he's got his reasons" right before their defeat. Actually it's probably like 2 or 3 times at most but it sure feels like it pops up way more than it should!!!!

it doesn't make the villain any less of a piece of poo poo so idk why you seem to get hung up on it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HenryEx posted:

it doesn't make the villain any less of a piece of poo poo so idk why you seem to get hung up on it

People have things they get hung up on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this time it demonstrates that he's even more of a poo poo, really. his brother had the exact same upbringing and he wasn't a dickbag.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HenryEx posted:

But let me tell you more about how Endeavor wasn't 100% a poo poo dad. :^)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Even with yokais exploding into money in Ayakashimon I wasn't expecting someone getting ripped in half in the seventh chapter. Give him a few hundred years, he'll walk that right off.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Dexo posted:

just looked at the raw, and lmao yeah, aint no loving way they publishing that lol

Lolicon poo poo

Apparently Apple was a big reason, although I haven't checked recently is Manga Plus actually on the Apple or Google stores?

Looking around the internet and I see people saying that Viz should surrender the license if they can't handle the heat but lol Viz is owned by Shuiesha my dudes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You say that but thats more or less how To Love Ru and Yuna got published. Albeit well after the fact, with a cut going to seven seas, and with them both having been pirated to hell and back.

That, I assume, was the onus on them simul-publishing Ayakashi on their own dime in the first place.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 4, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

You say that but thats more or less how To Love Ru and Yuna got published. Albeit well after the fact and with them both pirated to hell and back which, I assume, was the onus on publishing Ayakashi in the first place.

Manga plus has an apple sku but it (and the jump app itself) simply omits the works that shuesha don't want to publish

We also know that things can be dropped from the app and left on the site if Apple is the issue, like the chapter of Chainsaw Man with the lesbian orgy. This one seems to have been an internal decision.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, the apps allow for omission on a per series, chapter and OS basis (HiDive does it too. For example No Game, No Life isn't available on apple devices) but this seems to be on a higher level as it was skipped entirely.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 4, 2022

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I looked up the Ayakashi chapter and....it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting really. Considering what had come before it. I expected the kid to be naked and having something quite more suggestive. Why are you even publishing this?!

Anyway.

Mashle:

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was mostly just confused. I thought he was the magical guy who created explosions when he cried. I had to look it up, but apparently that was the other guy who disappeared offstage after the billiards shot.

You know when the iron sands remark came I was ready for another Naruto riff.

Sakamoto: Hells yeah. Old guy is awesome. I wonder if this means we're getting a training arc for Sakamoto. This doesn't feel like a manga that should get one though.

Doron: Pretty average chapter. This probably should've been the chapter from last time for pacing.

Ayashimon: Prepare for his special attack! Punch extra hard.

Roboco: Ummm, are we getting an actual arc again?

Elusive: I didn't like this chapter much, but that's because I don't like the boy or Yorishige. BUT! I do love the way the art was used for the different scenes.

Witch Watch: A new friend and he seems like fun.

Magu chan: Another new god?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That's that coolest thing anyone in any media had done with a sword in sakamoto

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Brought To You By posted:

Old man is my favorite character now. nobody comes close to this level of excitement and anticipation.

Yeah, it's such a great scene that's all goofy, cool, and terrifying. I'm really hoping they nail the landing when he finally does make his entrance.

Someone in the comments of the SJ page suggested that the old man might be Sakamoto's dad, which I hope isn't the case

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, it's such a great scene that's all goofy, cool, and terrifying. I'm really hoping they nail the landing when he finally does make his entrance.

Someone in the comments of the SJ page suggested that the old man might be Sakamoto's dad, which I hope isn't the case

in retrospect that wouldn’t be that crazy since he just constantly mumbles, huh? Idk, that would be pretty great for the inevitable meeting of his daughter-in-law/granddaughter, especially if he just goes around doing insane poo poo with the flat of his blade after being converted to a not-murderer.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

It's possible, but would be a bit weird. Sakamoto referred to him with his name. On the other hand, he did come along to save the Japan Eifel tower for no real reason.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I read the last few chapters of Doron Dororon, and I like that they're doing something very different with the female co-lead than in most other similar manga (and there are certainly a lot of manga with uncannily similar premises). Usually a character like that would be someone who is reluctantly forced to work with the protagonist by some higher-up or higher-ups who are interested in the protagonist in some capacity.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah she's easily the most entertaining of the three main characters at this point.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New show ha shoten. I’m liking this, but I wonder if it’ll have legs. When the 2 shadows showed up I for a moment worried the 2 comedians would die and we’d swerve for a serious arc.

Also twin star exorcists, plot is actually happening!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really like Show Ha Shoten but man, I just wish it was more than once a month.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Posting here because I didn't see a thread for it, but I started watching Tokyo revengers. I'm working through episode 4 and wondered what opinions on the show were? I'm really down with the premise but so far I'm kind of picking apart the time travel shenanigans (or at least hoping it all gets explained further on) and feeling half invested in the characters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I read some of it and it didn't hold my interest at the time and when I checked in later to see if it was worth going back to, I didn't like what I was seeing

people seem to like it tho so idk, maybe it's just me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kingtheninja posted:

Posting here because I didn't see a thread for it, but I started watching Tokyo revengers. I'm working through episode 4 and wondered what opinions on the show were? I'm really down with the premise but so far I'm kind of picking apart the time travel shenanigans (or at least hoping it all gets explained further on) and feeling half invested in the characters.

Some of the side characters and their struggles are cool, but the main character sucks rear end after episode 1. It's also, while serviceable, not particularly interesting animation wise, and the manga visually looks better too. I gave it a 5/10, not really interested in watching more though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime seems like an incredibly bad way to experience it imo. lots of sloppy censorship due to the manji symbol and there's just a sort of texture to Wakui's art that nothing i've seen of the anime captures.

i read like 12 volumes of it before the anime happened and enjoyed it, between the ensemble cast plots and mystery of the Butterfly Effect-y time travel stuff. most criticisms for both versions seem to focus on the MC's immaturity and stagnation, which i think are apt even though i found plenty to enjoy in the rest of the series that it didn't bother me much.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Does anyone have the link to that new manga by the mary Grave dude? I forgot to save the link. :(

I binged monster nr 8 lately. That's a cool series. I love how everyone is..competent.

Also in case anyone was waiting for it, Reaper Girl came back yesterday. Kai is still handsome.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth TNT posted:

Does anyone have the link to that new manga by the mary Grave dude? I forgot to save the link. :(

https://mangadex.org/title/9f2571b9-f1ba-42fd-82d2-6d371e79ae62/soara-and-the-monster-s-house

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Thanks!

I just love the way this guy's artstyle and the way he creates his world.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I am surprised that SJ refused to publish chapter 74 of Ayakashi Triangle. They kept the chapters where Matsuri's mother turned up and to be honest those made me feel physically sick and I only picked it back up when I'd forgotten why I stopped reading it. To be clear I wish the series had foregone both, but the choice seems inconsistent to me.

The series has one of my favourite tropes - something huge and powerful turned into an adorable sidekick, much like in Dandadan - with the added bonus of the flabby cat taking it upon him self to tamper down teenage hormones.

The series has a lot of good stuff that would let it succeed, and wouldnt need to get rid of all the horny stuff. Parts of it make me reminisce on being a dweeb teenager frazzled by other girls' boobs and I laugh, but then theres a chapter where a mother shoves their hand in their childs underwear and it's... ugh.

I want more tiny cat crying because he is a former pseudo-deity now reduced to exhausting himself manipulating a planchette to embarass some annoying teenagers, less horny naked moms making their children soap them up.

The times in Dandadan I had a viscerally unpleasant response were purely action related, and not because I felt like the manga was going "this good for you too?".

Edit: thank you for reporting the monster house building manga. The art style is fantastic, theres such an amazing sense of depth and perspective to every panel. The bit pieces manage to be detailed without being busy, the action is dynamic without getting confusing. I really want a little model of the lead dwarf eyeing up his work.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 13, 2022

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
What if y’all just stopped reading the bad manga that you almost entirely dislike

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

What if y’all just stopped reading the bad manga that you almost entirely dislike

That'd be like blocking someone you hate! You're only giving them more power by not having to keep dealing with them.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DoubleDonut posted:

Soon we can start watching the bad anime that we almost entirely dislike!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
After Yuragi no Yuuna I thought there couldn't be any amount of nudity that would make Shonen Jump pull a chapter. Guess I was wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

DoubleDonut posted:

I like Ayakashi Triangle, so no.