Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Oh ok so you're just allowed to put words in my mouth. Got it!

Yes, if the choice is between this season's Lamar with a huge contract or Huntley for cheap I'll take Huntley every single time.

But again we need to see another year.

See you again deny the point then do everything to suggest the point is valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

That’s loving stupid, hth

Why?? Why are we forced to pay someone a huge contract who threw one of the highest percent of uncatchable passes this season? That's insane!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

See you again deny the point then do everything to suggest the point is valid.

You are making up little hidden meanings in my statement that aren't real.

It's a false dilemma anyway because we will get another season to see if Lamar is worth paying anyway. I'm fine with dumping all the money on him if he looks anything like his 2019 season and shows this one was a fluke.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You don't know what kind of super powers getting covid every 3 months could give lamar tho

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lamar Jackson has won the SUper Bowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I have no idea why Ravens fans have to be so protective of Lamar Jackson and react so weirdly to even the suggestion that he might not be worth paying. I don't get it. We're not in some dilemma where we have to pick him or Huntley or someone else RIGHT NOW anyway. We'll see him for another season.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

You are making up little hidden meanings in my statement that aren't real.

It's a false dilemma anyway because we will get another season to see if Lamar is worth paying anyway. I'm fine with dumping all the money on him if he looks anything like his 2019 season and shows this one was a fluke.

Earlier in the season you specifically said if the front office had any balls whatsoever they would let jackson walk and get huntley for cheap

Incoming:

No I didnt say that but if Lamar keeps playing at the rate of whatever the worst game was he had this year and if huntley keeps playing at the best he ha played obviously you gotta keep huntley and let Lamar walk.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

one of my fav subplots in this season was kawa starting the year off being really mad about Deep Passing and then heaping a ton of praise on a dude who could barely crack 5 ypa

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ravens Super Bowl winning starter quarterbacks: Trent Dilfer (2000), Joe Flacco (2012), Lamar Jackson (2019)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Why?? Why are we forced to pay someone a huge contract who threw one of the highest percent of uncatchable passes this season? That's insane!

Probably because there are 2 and a half seasons of work that show he’s much better than he was this season, and deciding he’s cooked during the most snakebitten season of his career is what’s insane.

Lots of people thought that Tyrod could be the guy too after a couple of decent performances and we see what’s happened with that. If you’re a GM and decide to go with the backup over a guy who’s barely removed from an MVP season you should probably never work in the league again.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

one of my fav subplots in this season was kawa starting the year off being really mad about Deep Passing and then heaping a ton of praise on a dude who could barely crack 5 ypa

that stat had like Mahomess 19th or something

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tyler boyd led the nfl in ypa, and joe burrow led all passers with more than 47 attempts in ypa. both of them are on the cincinnati bengals

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Despera posted:

that stat had like Mahomess 19th or something

yards per attempt?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I looked it up and the only thing I said was that if Lamar is terrible next year switch to Huntley. I never said we should dump Lamar right now. I said Huntley was better than Lamar right now during the GB game which was 100% true at the time.

I mean make fun of dumb stuff I say all you want but don't put words in my mouth to do it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

yards per attempt?

no passes uncatchable

i mean the guy using it on twitter was one of the worst gms of all time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Probably because there are 2 and a half seasons of work that show he’s much better than he was this season, and deciding he’s cooked during the most snakebitten season of his career is what’s insane.

Lots of people thought that Tyrod could be the guy too after a couple of decent performances and we see what’s happened with that. If you’re a GM and decide to go with the backup over a guy who’s barely removed from an MVP season you should probably never work in the league again.

Tyrod never had single decent performance here. And he did deserve a chance to start somewhere. Why do people bring up Tyrod Taylor as if his failure as a starter has anything to do with someone else succeeding or failing. That's so dumb.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lamar Jackson has won the SUper Bowl

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I looked it up and the only thing I said was that if Lamar is terrible next year switch to Huntley. I never said we should dump Lamar right now. I said Huntley was better than Lamar right now during the GB game which was 100% true at the time.

I mean make fun of dumb stuff I say all you want but don't put words in my mouth to do it

You want to argue that let him walk is different from dumping him? I never said you said "dump him right now".

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Despera posted:

no passes uncatchable

i mean the guy using it on twitter was one of the worst gms of all time

yeah that sounds like a moron stat with a ton of noise

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

You want to argue that let him walk is different from dumping him? I never said you said "dump him right now".

If he's bad again next season then absolutely dump him. For Huntley, or someone else entirely if Huntley sucks too.

Pick a different stat then. Lamar had a bad year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if you let lamar walk he is going to become the joker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

next season if lamar doesn't play well the ravens will probably win about 8 games, netting them the 3rd to 5th best quarterback available. you have to take that chance or else you're just wasting all the good players that you have

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Dear Ravens: at least the lions were able to loving tie them. Garbage.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

next season if lamar doesn't play well the ravens will probably win about 8 games, netting them the 3rd to 5th best quarterback available. you have to take that chance or else you're just wasting all the good players that you have

In 2026 in the middle of Lamar's huge deal we'll still be justifying signing him because of 2019.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Tyrod never had single decent performance here. And he did deserve a chance to start somewhere. Why do people bring up Tyrod Taylor as if his failure as a starter has anything to do with someone else succeeding or failing. That's so dumb.

Because every couple of years there’s a backup that shows some flashes and they get talked up only to crater immediately. Would you prefer I use Matt Flynn instead?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

having good players seems absurd to me when you can just trade them for a draft pick who is among the best at their respective position

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

having good players seems absurd to me when you can just trade them for a draft pick who is among the best at their respective position

We need real top linemen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

In 2026 in the middle of Lamar's huge deal we'll still be justifying signing him because of 2019.

that's why i'm all in on a new qb, if lamar doesn't play well.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Because every couple of years there’s a backup that shows some flashes and they get talked up only to crater immediately. Would you prefer I use Matt Flynn instead?

I never said we should pay Huntley a huge deal though like the Seahawks paid Flynn. That was foolish of them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tyrod is a lot better than matt flynn. he's had some bad luck. i think it's racist to bring up tyrod taylor in a discussion about lamar jackson and tyrod huntley. i mean tyler

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

Also you get to complain about (John) Harbaugh not playing them when they are in college

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the Seahawks won the Superbowl after giving him that contract so who is the real fool

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Despera posted:

Also you get to complain about (John) Harbaugh not playing them when they are in college

and even this season jk dobbins was underutilized

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think I'm over Jimmy Smith. Love ya bud but it's time to go.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

I enjoyed that argument we had about Dobbins week 1 last season and still think about it. You were like "you're saying start rookie NOW NOW NOW NOW"

I still think you were incorrect saying he didn't do enough to warrant more use after scoring two TDs.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

It's indefensible

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I enjoyed that argument we had about Dobbins week 1 last season and still think about it. You were like "you're saying start rookie NOW NOW NOW NOW"

I still think you were incorrect saying he didn't do enough to warrant more use after scoring two TDs.

i said that he did not do enough the year prior, when he was in college, to be played on week 1 over the most productive backfield of all time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

i said that he did not do enough the year prior, when he was in college, to be played on week 1 over the most productive backfield of all time

I don't think the college one should count.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Me neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im getting owned by kawalimus re losing our argument in the same way