Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

HiroProtagonist posted:

its gonna really blow your mind, if you don't know already, where the nazis got all of their ideas for genocide from

The eugenics movement? Particularly in the US, with it's Jim Crow zone that needed pseudoscientific water carriers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Up at 2 with coughing kid. Getting tested in like 5 hours. I'm loving exhausted.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

CPU Abuser posted:

The eugenics movement? Particularly in the US, with it's Jim Crow zone that needed pseudoscientific water carriers?

yeah they loved that, and slavery, and the genocide of the native americans

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
The morning local news is telling people not to go to the hospital, that you should find an urgent care place somewhere in the state

Sure it's fine

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Strep Vote posted:

Up at 2 with coughing kid. Getting tested in like 5 hours. I'm loving exhausted.

I'm so sorry, that sounds difficult and dumb. I hope the kiddo does have croup or something and it's not covid. Either way I hope everyone gets to feeling better ~hugs~

Please enjoy my cat sitting silly on my seed briefcase

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

facetoucher cat posted:

The morning local news is telling people not to go to the hospital, that you should find an urgent care place somewhere in the state

it's very rude of the morning news to tell people to go gently caress themselves

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTfbPrRZYHs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

crepeface posted:

heh, you believe a respirator manufacturer about their competitors? they have a vested interest!

*ignores the vested interest of the CDC to feed Number*

3M makes surgical masks, too. They just recognize them as the rancid dogshit than they are.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

what a year it's been!
https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1480255467125420033?s=21

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Congrats to my kids on their upcoming COVID diagnosis who get to go back to daycare this morning unvaccinated because my wife can't bare to deal with them while WFH

gg

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Coughing Day Care

Croup! Deny Corona

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

i remember when Sagat did his Comeback Tour after doing that Lonely Island rap back in the late 'naughts.
and how every other joke was about how he wanted to gently caress Kimmie on the show when she was a teenager.

hope his whole rear end in a top hat is just Sealab 2021 filled to the brim with red hot coals.
what a hideous individual.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

703 posted:

Congrats to my kids on their upcoming COVID diagnosis who get to go back to daycare this morning unvaccinated because my wife can't bare to deal with them while WFH

gg

I hear it's easier and more fun to deal with kids when you are also dealing with (their snd your) covid infection

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Have to go into the office today. Had a mild crack ping when I realized that downing a bottle of wine and driving to work drunk would probably be less risky than having lunch with my coworkers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

MLK Ultra posted:

i remember when Sagat did his Comeback Tour after doing that Lonely Island rap back in the late 'naughts.

He was never the same after M. Bison died :smith:

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

xiaoren posted:

I hear it's easier and more fun to deal with kids when you are also dealing with (their snd your) covid infection

I'm wondering how tough it will be to work when in a car on Tuesday in 3 hour line to get a PCR tests for the family because one kid popped in their classroom on the first day

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

lol at all you "ive never smoked anything" people

:wtc:

Well, some of us don't really have a lot of choice in the matter. :)

Being told not to smoke is one thing.

Having your immune system beat the holy living poo poo out of you every time you come within 10 feet of anyone who is smoking is quite another.

Much harder to ignore.

Remind me some time to tell you the story about the Air France transatlantic flight I took in 1986. Trapped for 18 endless hours aboard a 747 jumbo jet where a good 3/4 of the passengers smoked like chimneys.

Got a really nifty throat infection out of that one.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So what's the latest group think on extra vitamin d + K2

#BareShelvesBiden is trending on Twitter

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Buck Turgidson posted:

it's very rude of the morning news to tell people to go gently caress themselves

They then proceeded to show all the maskless football fans excitedly screaming and informed viewers schools are in person

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Hadlock posted:

K2?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
2020s: epic adjustments in average IQs in the "developed" world

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah vitamin d is fat soluble and not very effective there, if you take it with k2 it gets stored in your bones and has, I guess better bioavailability

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Cervid covid

https://twitter.com/covidblogger/status/1480495027298131976?t=ckaoBwtKnRNvE2lk9LXUUg&s=19

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Looking forward to sigma being the Texas variant that crossed the human deer population, mutated a poo poo ton, then crossed back to human

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

facetoucher cat posted:

Sure it's fine

Spouse is a Physician Assistant who works in urgent care, and a quarter of her patients over the weekend were folks who tested positive at home and went to urgent care for "help." Unless a person has a very high fever of difficulty breathing, going to urgent care for covid is not smart.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

The Saucer Hovers posted:

lol at all you "ive never smoked anything" people

:wtc:
Growing up with one grandparent dead at 60 from a lifetime of smoking (starting at 10 years old) and two others indirectly. A mother who was constantly sick growing up in a smoke filled house not sick as often after marrying my non-smoking dad.

What's wrong with me for not wanting to pick it up?

To use a modern analogy, it seems like all the cool kids are going around maskless in stores and eating at restaurants. Maybe I should too!

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Today show hosts announces she's positive live on tv (remote), my wife "oh wow"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MLK Ultra posted:

i remember when Sagat did his Comeback Tour

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Cheesus posted:

Growing up with one grandparent dead at 60 from a lifetime of smoking (starting at 10 years old) and two others indirectly. A mother who was constantly sick growing up in a smoke filled house not sick as often after marrying my non-smoking dad.

What's wrong with me for not wanting to pick it up?

To use a modern analogy, it seems like all the cool kids are going around maskless in stores and eating at restaurants. Maybe I should too!

smoke

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Exodus1984 posted:

Spouse is a Physician Assistant who works in urgent care, and a quarter of her patients over the weekend were folks who tested positive at home and went to urgent care for "help." Unless a person has a very high fever of difficulty breathing, going to urgent care for covid is not smart.

Unless you are walking around with a sub 90% oxygen saturation going to the ER is dumb. They will literally discharge you asap.

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

man if Vega dies too that's gonna be a combo to the street fighter community

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah the only way you're getting admitted to any hospital at this point is if you've needed supplimental oxygen for at least 8 hours; come back in March, or crash your car into the light pole in front of the hospital

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

Sure it's fine

Mine was saying maybe it's time to ditch cloth masks (although told everyone to check them to see if light shines through them). Then said KN-95, N-95, and surgical masks were the gold standard.

So loving close.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Malaria posted:

Unless you are walking around with a sub 90% oxygen saturation going to the ER is dumb. They will literally discharge you asap.

Absolutely, as they should.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Nobody knows what O2 saturation is, they just need to get back to work asap like the cdc says

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Hadlock posted:

K2 is potassium i guess???

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ehrmagerd cervid-19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crepeface posted:

K2 is potassium i guess???

It's not, it's a vitamin, a chemical also called menaquinone. It's involved in maintaining your bones and also coagulation.

You wouldn't want to eat pure potassium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The k literally stands for koagulation yes that's spelled correctly, Danish word for coagulation, it's a class of oxygen and carbon based molecules used for the coagulation proteins in your blood, or something, no sodium