Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

My son may be dead but did you see the turnout for his funeral?
It was a loving bash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
"Don't worry, we're still going to let you know how dead you are" is the maximum level of reassurance we're going to get from our government

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

this country deserves nothing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pillowpants posted:

We are in a phase of Omicron that looks like a peak right now, but it’s important to remember that this is due to NY/NJ/IL blowing the Fauci up at the same time.

hmmm, that’s an interesting autocorrect. I’ll keep it.

now those are declining a tiny bit case wise - until people start going outside again, but the West Coast and South are exploding too.

I mean, unless they’re all lying about numbers now.

NFL payoffs are today and tomorrow, HTH

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

my kid said NO! to masks and lockdowns

he's in school right now, living a good normal life!

kid's got heart

heart problems eyyy lmao

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

like how does a boat show work. a bunch of boat makers rent out a convention center, and convince people to pay an entry fee to hear a bunch of sales pitches on their day off?

My ex bf used to drag me to boat shows and car shows and as far as I can tell it was so he could LARP as someone who could own a big boat or a bunch of cars and it was important that the people trying to sell these things thought he could buy them (which I’m sure they never believed he could) and I guess a place where he could daydream about having such things and by touching the thing he wanted it made the daydream more enjoyable, I think? On the way home and for like a week after he’d talk about his plans to buy a boat or luxury car and the lifestyle that would surely follow. So probably the exact type of person who doesn’t plan for the actual future by getting vaccinated and masking.

Asproigerosis posted:

I think the fact that I literally don't interact with any humans because I've studied the caveblade since high school is why I find it difficult to understand how yinz keep bringing up the mild thing.

I was getting sent the same “IT’S MILD” article from December 3rd all month long from friends in response to me trying to convince them to at least upgrade their masks. No matter what I tried to counter with, medical study or dumbed down explanation on what “mild” actually means, I get back articles and news clips saying it’s mild. My BIL decided he, his wife & three kids shouldn’t complete getting vaccinated because omicron is mild and natural immunity is better than vaccines.

I’ve been getting relentlessly gaslit by people I’m trying to help because they heard it’s mild so I must be overreacting, that study saying omicron can get past the vaccines is wrong, oh there are more studies saying that? Well, it’s too soon to say for sure if they’re right or not but I heard the vaccines stop omicron and anyway it’s mild, cloth masks are just as good, we’re vaccinated so really we just wear masks to be polite, we’re having a safe Christmas party, we’ve earned it and if we get the sniffles it’s worth it to spend time together.

Mild is insidious.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Salt Fish posted:

Barry Bonds could. Have you tried post enhancing drugs?

actually I think you'll find he predominantly got pitched around, infamously was intentionally walked with bases loaded. If you think about it, it was kind of like barry bonds was a virus and hitting home runs on you was a covid infection so then you had natural immunity and your body then had the knowledge to pitch around him and not get covid!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Asproigerosis posted:

actually I think you'll find he predominantly got pitched around, infamously was intentionally walked with bases loaded. If you think about it, it was kind of like barry bonds was a virus and hitting home runs on you was a covid infection so then you had natural immunity and your body then had the knowledge to pitch around him and not get covid!

The pitchers let the cure be worse than the disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMfT2cZGHg

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Rah! posted:

my kid said NO! to masks and lockdowns

he's in school right now, living a good normal life!

kid's got heart

heart problems eyyy lmao

uh hello?! vaccine will give your child a 0.000025% risk of NONINFECTIOUS MYOCARDITIS!! How could you live with yourself knowing you gave your child a mild, transitory chest discomfort for a week?!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

actually I think you'll find he predominantly got pitched around, infamously was intentionally walked with bases loaded.

He was also a giant rear end in a top hat and since he could never teach anyone how to hit like he did, his coaching career went nowhere. lmao get fuckin wrecked barry

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

go back to being the funny tube goon your last few hot takes are kinda poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Platystemon posted:

The pitchers let the cure be worse than the disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMfT2cZGHg

this was the exact video I was thinking of the entire time I was trying to make my post not be loving awful and let's just say I really bunted foul with 2 strikes on that one.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

star eater posted:

what half mask respirator should i get????
all of them

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

sonatinas posted:

lol lunchables are completely gone again at local target, even the target brands
"Please help me feed my kids! They're dying!" I cry, ignoring the blocks of cheese and uncut summer sausage in the next cooler over and the boxes of Ritz crackers in the next aisle.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

jinx_player posted:

My wife and I are going to a hotel in the area for a night away from the kids for our shared birthdays.

At first I was going to bring two of my Corsi cubes, But instead I think I’m gonna bring two of my smaller HEPA filters…

I bought some CO2 and other air sensors off of Adafruit Which have been trivial to access via python and a USB cable. I was thinking about bringing that as well when I first go into the room to measure and then set up the filters, open the door to the balcony, and then go home for a while but I think I’ve been hanging out here for far too long and that would just be loving crazy.

Anyways, when my kids ask what killed me, it was this loving trip to a hotel for some good ole suck n gently caress

lol just have a quickie in the laundry room like normal people

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trixie Hardcore posted:

My ex bf used to drag me to boat shows and car shows and as far as I can tell it was so he could LARP as someone who could own a big boat or a bunch of cars and it was important that the people trying to sell these things thought he could buy them (which I’m sure they never believed he could) and I guess a place where he could daydream about having such things and by touching the thing he wanted it made the daydream more enjoyable, I think? On the way home and for like a week after he’d talk about his plans to buy a boat or luxury car and the lifestyle that would surely follow. So probably the exact type of person who doesn’t plan for the actual future by getting vaccinated and masking.

One day I want to go to the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

empty whippet box posted:

the tiny evil little gremlin in my heart that roots for covid sometimes went into overdrive when my dad did this poo poo, the whole family except my wife and I got covid at christmas(because we didn't go) and the result wasn't them saying wow you were right, it was gloating about how none of them are "that" sick and repeating it's mild and telling me I exaggerated and am hysterical about covid. so now I am silently waiting, watching for when the poo poo really hits the fan so i can throw it in their face, which of course will just be met with more gaslighting and minimizing because liberals are just the best.

one year ago, they were railing against republicans for doing the exact same thing. :sigh: they even use the same talking points.

embrace that it was only ever about wanting trump to look bad, and that the ever tried to do the right thing was a mere coincidence

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I've been to one car show as a school field trip. It was so boring that a friend and I left the convention center and walked down to Mickey D's. I can't imagine how people, even car people, ever have so much fun that they're willing to risk life and limb to go.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've been to one car show as a school field trip. It was so boring that a friend and I left the convention center and walked down to Mickey D's. I can't imagine how people, even car people, ever have so much fun that they're willing to risk life and limb to go.

Capitalism has colonized the imagination.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Cheesus posted:

"Please help me feed my kids! They're dying!" I cry, ignoring the blocks of cheese and uncut summer sausage in the next cooler over and the boxes of Ritz crackers in the next aisle.

and cut it all myself like a peasant?!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Gabagool posted:

Wife's student worker is threatening legal action if they don't allow her to come in while COVID+ because she "needs the hours." Meanwhile the other worker randomly went to New York for a weekend and they can't require her to get a test.

Schools are the safest place to be, clearly.

The student worker should move to Florida. We clearly have no rules here and the schools are actively encouraging positive people to come in both teachers and students.

I just pulled my daughter out of school. Yay homeschool again! We went the entire fall and delta wave without a single exposure. But you know, mandatory masking, 4 student only group interaction, and immediate quarantining was in play then. And people could find tests. Since then, the mask mandate has been lifted, students can socialize with the full class, quarantine is only required for symptomatic + positive PCR, etc.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

WrasslorMonkey posted:

following the medical advice of DASHARE.ZONE ADMIN

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Kylaer posted:

Go to a motel where the doors open to an outdoor walkway instead of an indoor hall.

Reduce your risk of dying of covid by getting murdered by a drifter first

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

buy this man an account pronto

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Zeroisanumber posted:

i remember maybe 15 years ago a photographer did an exhibit where he surreptitiously photographed people sitting in cars at a car show and they all have this expression on their face like "what do I do now?"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cheesus posted:

Yeah, there's a bunch of weird outages, with people continuing to stock up on soft drinks.

Like literally filling carts up with 2 liters of Dr. pepper.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Walking through a good car museum is fun. I like the design motifs of the 1930s into the 1960s.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

jinx_player posted:

Parody, non actionable you CIA FUCKS!!!1. (you’re welcome strep)

:) Thanks fam

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Before the internet, car shows were where you got to see the new models and cool concept cars etc. Just think of it like the boomer E3.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, there's a bunch of weird outages, with people continuing to stock up on soft drinks.

Like literally filling carts up with 2 liters of Dr. pepper.

dang yall got dr pepper?

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Yeah so anyone have experience with n95 masks (or respirators) for kids? I'm keeping them out of school, and not going anywhere with them indoors, except for essential poo poo like doctors appointments but I'd like to have them on hand, this is in Canada if it makes any difference. Like a cursory glance gives me this https://www.bravenewlook.com/collections/kids-printed-masks/products/kids-mask-pack-of-20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Dr Pepper is my jam and it is always the one soda at acme that's out of stock or very low supply. I just went today and there were only 4 2 liters of diet and cream soda.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Asproigerosis posted:

Dr Pepper is my jam and it is always the one soda at acme that's out of stock or very low supply. I just went today and there were only 4 2 liters of diet and cream soda.

The Doctor is my (and my roommate's) jam too, it's why I don't buy it often, because I just guzzle that poo poo like I'm on death row.

Same goes for Cherry Coke, but not as fast.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

anyone tried getting help mental health wise? what did the doctor tell you when you explained that everything is bad and is not going to get better? isn’t it presumed for mental health issues that those things aren’t true?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Sounds like you need ivermectin

does it come in a nasal spray?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

inferis posted:

anyone tried getting help mental health wise? what did the doctor tell you when you explained that everything is bad and is not going to get better? isn’t it presumed for mental health issues that those things aren’t true?

let's just say I'm on day 3 of a med change (number go up!)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Stockwell posted:

Yeah so anyone have experience with n95 masks (or respirators) for kids? I'm keeping them out of school, and not going anywhere with them indoors, except for essential poo poo like doctors appointments but I'd like to have them on hand, this is in Canada if it makes any difference. Like a cursory glance gives me this https://www.bravenewlook.com/collections/kids-printed-masks/products/kids-mask-pack-of-20

https://www.unitedstatesmask.com/products/kid95-40-pack

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
It's OK guys covid will be over tomorrow!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

inferis posted:

What's the worst thing that happens? If you try it out and it sucks hit the bricks.