Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The consensus at the party I was at was "Who the gently caress is Moon Knight?" and not in a curious way so this could be a heat check for Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Doctor Strange 2 looks loving hype. And they pretty much confirmed Nightmare as the villain! :woop: Not much to the Moon Knight teaser but yes the shot of him in action was really cool.

live with fruit posted:

The consensus at the party I was at was "Who the gently caress is Moon Knight?" and not in a curious way so this could be a heat check for Marvel.

This will be the death of the MCU just like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Shang-Chi, Eternals....

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

live with fruit posted:

lol this has gotta be a parody post.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What's a heat check?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Lammasu posted:

What's a heat check?

a test if Disney can launch a successful series about a relatively unknown character just by their studio reputation

Guardians of the Galaxy was a heat check on the film side for instance

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

AngryBooch posted:

a test if Disney can launch a successful series about a relatively unknown character just by their studio reputation

Guardians of the Galaxy was a heat check on the film side for instance

Here's the thing: Oscar Isaac is one of the Internet's Boyfriends, so there's a built in audience on that front. And I don't think they would have made it if they didn't think they'd get some ROI.

Put me down as also being excited for Multiverse of Madness and Moon Knight alike. The weirder the MCU is the happier I am with it.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
There was absolutely nothing for Ms Marvel? I know they're in the middle of reshoots but I figured they'd at least have something to show for it by this point.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

There was absolutely nothing for Ms Marvel? I know they're in the middle of reshoots but I figured they'd at least have something to show for it by this point.

It's probably not coming out until the end of the year or possibly next year. I think they want it to more closely like up with when The Marvels comes out.

I'm thinking She-Hulk will be the summer series and Ms. Marvel will be in the fall or winter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God I can't wait to have TatMas back in my life

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

It's probably not coming out until the end of the year or possibly next year. I think they want it to more closely like up with when The Marvels comes out.

I'm thinking She-Hulk will be the summer series and Ms. Marvel will be in the fall or winter.

They announced Ms Marvel for summer.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume you mean Xavier?

I definitely got Illuminati vibes from that bit. The implications of this would be a wall of spoilertext so I'll just leave it at that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

So is 2022 just going to be Moonknight, Ms. Marvel and She Hulk?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Probably more What If

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Rarity posted:

God I can't wait to have TatMas back in my life

Same. Orphan Black got squirrelly after a few seasons but boy did I love watching her act multiple clones alongside herself.

Also got to see her alongside Bryan Cranston in a Broadway version of Network. Just by nature of the story and his level of talent he was an absolute force but she held her own.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

tomapot posted:

Same. Orphan Black got squirrelly after a few seasons but boy did I love watching her act multiple clones alongside herself.

there are scenes where she is playing one clone pretending to be a different clone and it's incredible

in that Doctor Strange trailer, is that brief shot of the Savage Land? I hope they don't hold back on the weirdness of things like that

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Serious question. Do we need to spoiler stuff from an officially released trailer?

My dumb hope for Multiverse is to go full 1980s Marvel IP with it, and show brief glimpses of some live action takes of Transformers, Gi Joe, Conan, Star Wars and the like. Not Ready Player One level, but maybe blink and you miss it nods to them. That and have Lou Ferrigno show up as old Maestro Hulk for some throwback Marvel TV love.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Teek posted:

My dumb hope for Multiverse is to go full 1980s Marvel IP with it, and show brief glimpses of some live action takes of Transformers, Gi Joe, Conan, Star Wars and the like. Not Ready Player One level, but maybe blink and you miss it nods to them. That and have Lou Ferrigno show up as old Maestro Hulk for some throwback Marvel TV love.

Give us Ariel and Buzz Lightyear cameos

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kazil posted:

Also the baby Groot shorts and the GotG Holiday Special

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Rarity posted:

Give us Ariel and Buzz Lightyear cameos

Meh. I'm not leaning on Disney IP here, mainly just the long comic runs for those series Marvel put out back in the day, which then sometimes crossed over into actual continuity.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 14, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was thinking about what we saw in Multiverse of Madness and I have a theory. After the events of Loki S1, with Sylvie killing He Who Watches, and that caused a Kang to take over the TVA, and because the TVA exists outside of time, what it did never happened which let other timelines happen now because TIME. Because now there is at least one Kang running around mucking things up, the Illuminati formed and exists again somewhere outside of time. Maybe they're in the Negative Zone or somewhere else outside of normal reality, anyways, they now sorta function as the TVA but it being lead by people like Xavier and Reed means its more about just stopping Kang from destroying or conquering timelines/worlds. Which is probably where the versions we see in the show, PStew Prof X is not the one from the X-men films nor is Reed from those awful FF films but still better than Josh Tranks one. The Monica on the Illuminati is not the one we just saw in Wandavision but one from a reality where she gained the Captain Marvel powers. They stand in opposition to Kang, while unable to straight up defeat him, they may be able to prevent his takeover or even just his wars spilling over the entire multiverse. Oh and there are Ultron bots guardian the Illuminati's HQ because ine one timeline Jarvis took over the Ultron body so Jarvis is Ultron not Vision. He's more what Tony imagined for Ultron rather than what he became.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume you mean Xavier?

Sivart13 posted:

I'm sad I hovered over the spoiler but there was otherwise nothing getting me interested in this movie so I guess it's a wash.
Well I got the same spoiler (?) from Google News this morning so I guess it was only a matter of time.

Teek posted:

Serious question. Do we need to spoiler stuff from an officially released trailer?
I know I'm taking a big dumb risk reading an internet forum, but I'd really prefer to go into these movies not knowing what special surprises there are in store. That's what makes them a surprise!

I didn't have No Way Home completely spoiled for me before seeing it but there was enough of a weekly drip of heavy implications and rumor that I wasn't exactly surprised by what happened. But maybe such things are impossible when you're making a gazillion dollar movie.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

kazil posted:

I believe it's:

Disney+:
Moon Knight
She Hulk
Ms. Marvel
What If
Secret Invasion (maybe)
Guardians Holiday Special

Movies:
Dr. Strange 2
Thor: Love and Thunder
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think in a thread specifically dedicated to a topic offical trailers and images are fair game to talk about before the thing is released, but week to week trailer must be spoiled. I don't think asking someone to watch at least the trailer is that big of an investment.
Leaks or images that may not have been released through official channels should be spoilered.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

FWIW the post with the spoiler was pretty much the first time I knew that was the trailer link, and it was nice going in unspoiled.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

pik_d posted:

I believe it's:

Disney+:
Moon Knight
She Hulk
Ms. Marvel
What If
Secret Invasion (maybe)
Guardians Holiday Special

Movies:
Dr. Strange 2
Thor: Love and Thunder
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

there's also the Werewolf by Night Halloween special, which still hasn't been officially announced

also, Disney press site says that F. Murray Abraham is voicing Khonshu in Moon Knight

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/disney-plus/moon-knight/images

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Convex posted:

there's also the Werewolf by Night Halloween special, which still hasn't been officially announced

This is the first I've heard of this so I just had a google and goddam they got Gael Garcia Bernal :stwoon:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
From that Dr.Strange trailer, LOVING the Art Deco (?) style statuary in what might be Multiversal Illuminat HQ:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

twistedmentat posted:

I think in a thread specifically dedicated to a topic offical trailers and images are fair game to talk about before the thing is released, but week to week trailer must be spoiled. I don't think asking someone to watch at least the trailer is that big of an investment.
Leaks or images that may not have been released through official channels should be spoilered.

Asking for spoilers about trailers is hilariously strict given how notorious trailers are for being inaccurate about the final product.

That would be like asking everyone in BSS that posts a comic book cover to put it in spoiler bars because it might spoil the contents of the comic itself.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They deliberately edited trailers for Spiderman to keep things secret. And they deliberately made a reveal in this trailer. I assume going forward the character's involvement in the movie won't be secret and they will probably be in more trailers and TV ads. In that way it is silly to try to hide it behind spoiler tags for the next few months.

However... I will say that watching this particular trailer unspoiled was great for the surprise reveal. That's not very common with trailers so it's nice that people spoiler tagged this trailer for the first few days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DrBouvenstein posted:

From that Dr.Strange trailer, LOVING the Art Deco (?) style statuary in what might be Multiversal Illuminat HQ:

Lol that’s the British Museum.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Clearly, the ceiling is made from hexagons instead of triangles which makes it twice as good. But yeah, there is a certain resemblance there.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The_Doctor posted:

Lol that’s the British Museum.

:3: I love it when they use/base things in rl weird buildings. Like the TVA is a RL sick looking hotel.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Desperado Bones posted:

:3: I love it when they use/base things in rl weird buildings. Like the TVA is a RL sick looking hotel.

It’s the Atlanta hotel they use for huge nerd convention Dragoncon, so I imagine that had to have pulled a ton of people out of the episode.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Zero One posted:

They deliberately edited trailers for Spiderman to keep things secret. And they deliberately made a reveal in this trailer. I assume going forward the character's involvement in the movie won't be secret and they will probably be in more trailers and TV ads. In that way it is silly to try to hide it behind spoiler tags for the next few months.

However... I will say that watching this particular trailer unspoiled was great for the surprise reveal. That's not very common with trailers so it's nice that people spoiler tagged this trailer for the first few days.

No Way Home is coming up on $2 billion so laying on the nostalgia factor makes sense.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

VectorSigma posted:

I definitely got Illuminati vibes from that bit. The implications of this would be a wall of spoilertext so I'll just leave it at that.

Spoiler alert for casting and a character:

The link has the info in it fyi.

https://www.screengeek.net/2022/02/14/black-bolt-anson-mount-return-doctor-strange-2/

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually shocked Marvel hasn't started airing TV spots with all the No Way Home spoilers but I guess the word of mouth is that strong and they're onto Strange because I doubt it's them not wanting to spoil streamers.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

swickles posted:

https://www.screengeek.net/2022/02/14/black-bolt-anson-mount-return-doctor-strange-2/

Now this is a heat check. It's one thing to make people go back and watch Daredevil, which was pretty popular, but Marvel itself didn't even like this guy's show.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 15, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

swickles posted:

oh poo poo so they really are doing the illuminati huh

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

live with fruit posted:

Now this is a heat check. It's one thing to make people go back and watch Daredevil, which was pretty popular, but Marvel itself didn't even like this guy's show.

I keep thinking back to the time Anson Mount did some kind of auction for a piece of digital artwork based on Hell on Wheels (sometime during the last season of the show) and got super upset back then when someone pointed out that someone could just download the hi-res promo image if they wanted it, for free.

Reminds me of the whole NFT argument, actually.

Now I'm said that the site that held the auction and any google searches for it lead nowhere because it was hilarious when it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

eke out posted:

oh poo poo so they really are doing the illuminati huh

I mean this makes sense based on the comic books but big :lol: at trying to do it in the MCU instead of just coming up with a similar replacement. I guess if it's alternate universe stuff then you can just say that it's an important thing there. Or are they actually gonna try to keep making Inhumans a thing with Kamala?