Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

You guys like Risk of Rain 2? I got it a couple weeks and I have a billion hours in it already. This game is digital crack. Anyway,

I have no idea what this is, but it looks like a fine robit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So for long term storage, I'm doing the following:

1) Breaking down sets into individual ziplock bags after I build them and don't want to display them
2) Putting Minifigs into small bags and then into a plano tackle box
3) putting instructions into Magazine backed cardboard + sleeves and into a box

I feel like I'm in a good spot overall w/r/t space efficiency and storage post cardboard/plastic boxes. I have a sub-1 year old but realized that if and when he picks up the Lego bug, he's going to want to build so many of these classic sets.

I guess my question is re: 2 - is there a good template or something I can print to put with the minifigs to label or track which set they came from? I'm using Brickset per a goon suggestion above, and I'm not above writing an API or scraper to pull information into printable cards or templates to keep with each minifig.

Either way, lego rules, and I really want to find a Fort Legorado set to build one day and rekindle my childhood.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've been using brickkk.com but yeah these are the same sets.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

tomapot posted:

This site allows you to create a profile and track sets and minifigs you own.
https://brickset.com/mycollection

Thank you for this I’m now up to 138,000 pieces worth of sets added to my collection.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any word on what acrylic stand works best for the Delorean?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

I've been using brickkk.com but yeah these are the same sets.

That domain name can't be real.

It's real.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sexual Lorax posted:

That domain name can't be real.

It's real.

It is indeed an unfortunate URL. Legit store though.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

You guys like Risk of Rain 2? I got it a couple weeks and I have a billion hours in it already. This game is digital crack. Anyway,

You are a poster of excellent taste. Now do curled up Acrid :3:

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 20, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

what piece is the grass made of I think I'm gonna feel real stupid once I'm told but I can't figure it out.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Wolverine claws I believe

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Green wolverine claws used to be exclusive to Ninjago City Gardens until Santa's Visit came out with 17(!) of them

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

RatHat posted:

Green wolverine claws used to be exclusive to Ninjago City Gardens until Santa's Visit came out with 17(!) of them

The hot Wolverine claws save Hannukah, what do the green Wolverine claws do for Christmas?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Cloks posted:

The hot Wolverine claws save Hannukah, what do the green Wolverine claws do for Christmas?

Those claws aren't Wolverine's, they're Santa's

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

RatHat posted:

That sure is a lot, yup! Big ol' number. I ordered 350 through lugbulk.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Fayez Butts posted:

You are a poster of excellent taste. Now do curled up Acrid :3:
Whoops, missed this. Thanks! I love me some Acrid, but I was thinking of taking a stab at my main, Rex.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Well I went and did it, bought all 4 of the cyberpunk not-lego shop/restaurant sets, now it's just the waiting game for them to arrive.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Carbohydrates posted:

Amazing Stone Golem

drat, just drat. Spot freakin' on! I just finally started playing the DLC earlier today, pretty much perfect timing with the post.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

picked one of these up a while ago mostly for the rat and the traffic cone parts

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/roadwork-truck-60284

stole the wheels off it for the last truck I built and felt kinda bad about it being on blocks

today I figured I would make a backhoe, so I pretty much dropped the road work truck on to one of these and went from there

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=202803#T=S&C=11&O=%7B%22color%22:11,%22iconly%22:0%7D

I need to rework the parrot's nest a little. I'm not thrilled with the smoke stacks, but can't really think of any other way to do it.

the backhoe bit started as a reinforcement for the loader. realized making it that I have pretty much no technics parts on hand, I even ran out of long pegs and had to fake a few joints.

bonus jabba's hookah from super secret project

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So dad came home from a Lego convention this week with two boxes full of bags from random sets, and put me on the job of figuring out where they all come from.

It doesn't happy to be a quick and easy way of doing that is there?
The way of doing it, as explained to me, is apparently figuring out where the set is from and then dig up a random unboxing video to count the number of bags.
Which seems horribly inefficient.

Also had no idea that the QR codes on the bags were apparently only useful for production purposes and nothing else.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Cooked Auto posted:

So dad came home from a Lego convention this week with two boxes full of bags from random sets, and put me on the job of figuring out where they all come from.

The way of doing it, as explained to me, is apparently figuring out where the set is from and then dig up a random unboxing video to count the number of bags.

Also had no idea that the QR codes on the bags were apparently only useful for production purposes and nothing else.

One pile.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cooked Auto posted:

Look in the bags for printed parts. Minifigs or other. Search bricklink for those parts. Find sets with them. See if the bags match the sets.

It will take some time but is far from impossible and should go by pretty quickly once you get in the groove.

Sounds fun, actually.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Look in the bags for printed parts. Minifigs or other. Search bricklink for those parts. Find sets with them. See if the bags match the sets.

Turns out the first bags I checked had a part that only currently featured in two sets so at least in that case it was easy to narrow it down.

Although I did realize that bags have apparently very similar strings of numbers underneath the bag lettering. For instance the Home Alone sets are all marked with either 533S1, 633S1 and 733S1.
Which is definitely something I'm going to keep an eye out for the rest and see if there's any consistency.

Edit: Turns out that wasn't the case. Oh well.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Apr 20, 2022

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Yeah, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any indicators on bags. Did something similar the other day and only help I can offer is look for the most unique pieces in a bag and try and identify them from that. Identified bag 3 of set 60003 based on this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=85959pb01b#T=P

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cooked Auto posted:

What I did with a lot of sets is find the more 'unique' pieces. You just have to eyeball it for which ones those are but they're going to stick out - either things with printing on them, or shapes that aren't common. Then use google lens on your phone and you can use it to do a web search for the photo you take of the part. You have to play around with this a bunch, but normally you can end up getting a part number from ebay or wherever else. Then plug that into bricklink and look at how many sets the piece is in. When I was doing this there'd be like 2-5 sets to pick from, and you can narrow it down from there pretty easily.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like the May 4th promo is going to be the Lars Homestead Kitchen. The rumor is $160 threshold.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I have some disposable income and no willpower so I'm sure I'll manage to justify the May 4th splurge, but are there any upcoming Star Wars sets that haven't been announced? In previous years I've gone for UCS fighters like the A/YWing/Snowspeeder but I'm not interested in the Republic Gunship and lol @ the @@, so I might have difficulty scrabbling around to make up €160 worth of Star Wars poo poo

Or can I just buy the Shuttle like I want to and get the Star wars GWP? Does the set have to be Star Wars related?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have some disposable income and no willpower so I'm sure I'll manage to justify the May 4th splurge, but are there any upcoming Star Wars sets that haven't been announced? In previous years I've gone for UCS fighters like the A/YWing/Snowspeeder but I'm not interested in the Republic Gunship and lol @ the @@, so I might have difficulty scrabbling around to make up €160 worth of Star Wars poo poo

Or can I just buy the Shuttle like I want to and get the Star wars GWP? Does the set have to be Star Wars related?

I believe in the past it’s been Star Wars only.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

What I did with a lot of sets is find the more 'unique' pieces. You just have to eyeball it for which ones those are but they're going to stick out - either things with printing on them, or shapes that aren't common. Then use google lens on your phone and you can use it to do a web search for the photo you take of the part. You have to play around with this a bunch, but normally you can end up getting a part number from ebay or wherever else. Then plug that into bricklink and look at how many sets the piece is in. When I was doing this there'd be like 2-5 sets to pick from, and you can narrow it down from there pretty easily.

I've sorta been doing that, just eyeballing the bags for stand out pieces and then looking them up on Bricklink. Followed by some guesswork based on parts listed.
But that's not really going to work for the bag that is just nothing but dark gray round 2 x 2 with axle holes. That one will be fun.

Did make me wish Bricklink had a "X and Y pieces are which sets" function so I could narrow it down. A bit. Unless I missed it somewhere.

But so far I've managed to find a whole Saturn V set.
And the beginning of an Assembly Square and big Hogwarts. The latter will probably be the most complete of the lot.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Butterfly Valley posted:

The new UCS Landspeeder (:lol:) and the diorama collection gets released for the event (or in case of the dioramas, shortly before)

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Star Wars only, from my experience on the May 4th promos. I went through the same issue last year, then the new R2-D2 was announced, so hoping there's a new big set revealed this week.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Rad Valtar posted:

Looks like the May 4th promo is going to be the Lars Homestead Kitchen. The rumor is $160 threshold.

Taking a step back and thinking about how this is a $160 box of plastic bricks that can be assembled to represent a kitchen in the home of a Jedi knight's aunt and uncle on a fictional desert planet in a sci-fi fantasy film from 45 years ago

Happy 4/20 everyone

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Well when you put it like that then yeah, must buy for me.

I do think it should count as a Star Wars purchase if I place a pick a brick order exclusively for parts I need to complete star wars stuff I got in used Lego lots.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
What kind of promos are there on May the 4th, historically? I was going to buy the HZD Tallneck on 5/1, but if there's good stuff on 5/4 I don't want to make 2 orders.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

esperantinc posted:

Star Wars only, from my experience on the May 4th promos. I went through the same issue last year, then the new R2-D2 was announced, so hoping there's a new big set revealed this week.

Rumors point to the UCS Landspeeder. Apparently it also includes the C3-PO that people first thought was in the diorama set. Still just rumors, but from pretty reliable sources.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Fingers McLongDong posted:

What kind of promos are there on May the 4th, historically? I was going to buy the HZD Tallneck on 5/1, but if there's good stuff on 5/4 I don't want to make 2 orders.

Earlier GWPs:

https://www.stonewars.de/angebote/lego-may-the-4th-2022/#fruehere-may-the-4th-gratisbeigaben-uebersicht

This year it seems to be three depending on how much you buy:

https://www.stonewars.de/angebote/lego-may-the-4th-2022/#bis-zu-drei-gratisbeigaben

Plus a Beskar-Keychain for VIP-points.

Sorry, everything in German, but I guess the pics speak for themselves.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rad Valtar posted:

Urgh that's exactly the kind of poo poo that'll get me to spend the money, unless it's only available with the landspeeder.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I want the May 4th gwp but I'm worried if I want 3 days the new botanicals will also sell out, gah.

Lars Family Kitchen is so niche, I love it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The GWPs apparently start at May 1st, same day the new botanicals release.

E: https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/star-wars-day-deals

Strangely it runs until the 5th over here???

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm just over here waiting for last month's big ticket item to become available again. Stock will show up eventually bug ugggh the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Before I go too hogwild I was wondering if it is worth it to go through the trouble of designing something on stud.io and then ordering the parts or in the end if it is just going to be way too expensive.

But then again there are people here that are going to drop $160 on a 195 piece kitchen, so I guess "expensive" is relative :) I need something to drop some money on for my birthday this summer and my project might be that thing.

xzzy posted:

I'm just over here waiting for last month's big ticket item to become available again. Stock will show up eventually bug ugggh the wait.

Same. For me it is the Formula Car in the Gulf livery