Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EO games are so cool but every one i pick up i play for like 10-15 hours and then fade out since im just so stupid for party building. maybe next time i get the urge ill just play on a lower difficulty setting so i can see more of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i continue to want to play the live a live remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiFtORF5SMw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

i continue to want to play the live a live remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiFtORF5SMw

i want this so bad!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

That looks cool is it getting localized? When?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

That looks cool is it getting localized? When?

Yep, Switch release launches in about two months

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that remix of megalomania sounds so hype, god th soundtrack for this game kicks rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oqBfbQji8

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

that remix of megalomania sounds so hype, god th soundtrack for this game kicks rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oqBfbQji8

Hell yeah I love Sans Undertale.

EDIT: Disregard

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

foe tracks ftw. very good "you have hosed up by being in this encounter" energy on all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qF2ZyUFGHo

so sick

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell yeah I love Sans Undertale.

EDIT: Disregard

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

EO games are so cool but every one i pick up i play for like 10-15 hours and then fade out since im just so stupid for party building. maybe next time i get the urge ill just play on a lower difficulty setting so i can see more of the game

The story mode in EO2 Untold was quite good for that, obviously the actual story is gibberish but it gives you a pretty balanced and fun premade party iirc. I love party building so got bored pretty quickly but it might be worth a look, it's worth experiencing some of the insane late game dungeons in these games imo

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
EO1 is my favorite plotwise, for what little story there is. I think the EO1 remake kinda overdoes it and takes away from the mystique of it but its way nicer to play lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1527666094156107776

ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DBZ themes ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

hell yeah

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
so hype for live a live

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

etrain odyssey 2 and 3 were my favorites but making gathering parties was a pain in the rear end. but there's no point in playing wizardry inspired games if you aren't being annoyed or irritated at some point

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

etrain odyssey 2 and 3 were my favorites but making gathering parties was a pain in the rear end. but there's no point in playing wizardry inspired games if you aren't being annoyed or irritated at some point

you didn't have to do that in EO4 thankfully but I think it was a little too easy/simple overall

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you didn't have to do that in EO4 thankfully but I think it was a little too easy/simple overall

ya i enjoyed eo4 and 5 too. never played nexus or the eo1 / 2 remakes. adding a storyline to 1 and 2 for the remakes seemed stupid. i'm playing these games so i don't have to engage with terrible jrpg stories you mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nexus was cool bt way too long + brcause the classes were chosen by popular poll theyre basically 100% all the lamest ones.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

the only one I have is nexus and I quit playing when it asked me to name each party member without giving any generated name suggestions ala fft :cheers:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A pretty cool overlooked DS rpg is Avalon Code. It's got a cool hook where you can change the attributes of monsters and weapons by loving with their compendium entries.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

voice of cards 2 continues to pwn. highly recommend.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Frenz posted:

the only one I have is nexus and I quit playing when it asked me to name each party member without giving any generated name suggestions ala fft :cheers:

pathetic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

name your characters after girls you have crushes on and your friends. this is the way, the truth, and the light. allah be praised

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

name your characters after girls you have crushes on and your friends. this is the way, the truth, and the light. allah be praised

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Or pets, if there are animal characters

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like to have themes for my character names in build-your-party games

Sometimes I name everyone after FF characters, or DQ characters, or herbs and spices or stuff like that

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was younger every playthrough of FF7 I named Red XIII to Yellow V because of the rumor that the food coloring in Mountain Dew lowered your sperm count which I thought was hilarious.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Harrow posted:

Sometimes I name everyone after FF characters, or DQ characters, or herbs and spices or stuff like that

Everyone in my family has a different approach, I use food, my brother uses onomonopoiea, and my dad uses Star Trek characters.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

this is acceptable as well. i named my first eo guild after the characters in a d&d game i was in and the guild name i use s still that name (errol's irregulars or just errol's)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Frenz posted:

fail. fail rear end mother fucker

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

when we first rented FF3 SNES one of the save files had named Sabin as ERIC and Gau as JETHRO and that just kinda stuck for a long time

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Everyone pointing and laughing. This dude has no friends or loved ones! Or imagination! Let's kick his rear end!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

When I was younger every playthrough of FF7 I named Red XIII to Yellow V because of the rumor that the food coloring in Mountain Dew lowered your sperm count which I thought was hilarious.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AJ SOPRANO: What, no fuckin generated name suggestions?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

i been naming every male protag I can name "Chadley" since i played FF7R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Harrow posted:

ive used seinfeld for the last dozen games and imagine the party dialogue "it's the power of the crystals, jerry. his people need them".