Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Preechr posted:

Be not afraid; this does not come to pass. This is a wholesome IP.

I mean that depends what they're talking about. If their worry is that (next episode spoilers) Yor's brother is that 'funny' anime trope of being in love with his sister, then that's pretty much the situation. The manga handled it as well as it could imo, so the show should be fine.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

lol I noticed the extra shiny eyes in the first one but I didn't realize they were all matching shots with extra moe eyes. Just :discourse:

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I just noticed that Anya's hair decorations match the colour theme of the Eden uniform. It was basically meant to be!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I like that Becky seems to be blurry and out of focus in Damian-vision as well

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In a couple of them, the hair is a bit more detailed too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7099219184453881134

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/Venommoe/status/1528090271669440517

Been meaning to ask: The Carmen Sandiego lookin' lady in the opening is just Twilight's handler right? I had some crazy dumb theory and then didn't realize until over an episode later that they looked similar.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yep

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yep, she is the Handler and is very cool & good.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

kurona_bright posted:

I mean that depends what they're talking about. If their worry is that (next episode spoilers) Yor's brother is that 'funny' anime trope of being in love with his sister, then that's pretty much the situation. The manga handled it as well as it could imo, so the show should be fine.

Yeah, it comes across as less gross and more just dumb imo

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Raenir Salazar posted:

I had to google some of these words to figure out what you were going for. :mad:
I accept your gratitude for helping you increase your vocabulary. :eng101:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Yeah, it comes across as less gross and more just dumb imo

Not sure how much detail I should go into on something that hasn't happened yet but basically more like a kid whose single mom has hooked up with some random new guy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Loyd's plan B was a spectacular success, he just doesn't know it yet.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Not sure how much detail I should go into on something that hasn't happened yet but basically more like a kid whose single mom has hooked up with some random new guy.

I haven't read ahead but that makes sense to me. Yuri just got told out of nowhere that his sister got married for an entire year without telling him. Next episode could be all about him freaking out about Yor's whole arrangement.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
It's rare for me to rewatch a series I love, let alone go back to episodes in isolation, but I can't help rewatching ep 5. it's just so good. Franky pushing Anya to make wild demands, Loid both kicking rear end and being extremely shy, Anya being adorable, Yor being adorable and making the absolute most of every frame she's on screen, the amount they added to the manga chapter that perfectly fits the characters. What a silly good episode.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Raenir Salazar posted:

Hahaha I knew it! That Yor's brother clearly works for the Eastovia's government; although maybe he's not Yor's handler.

They totally spoiled his whole deal as early as the episode 3 ED.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

This show owns so much holy poo poo. Damian is utterly doomed.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Baby boy's first crush.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yep, she is the Handler and is very cool & good.

Went back to episode 6 and yeah, I'm a huge dork.

Also: I thought the castle thing was a really good training exercise for all their agents. They got to see Twilight tear the place apart and got generally dunked on. it's at least a nice way to aggregate the cost...

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

David D. Davidson posted:

After this episode you can just tell that Damien and Anya are going to be walking down the aisle together in twenty years.
Damian sees Anya as he imagines her to be rather than who she is. Punching him is what got his attention, but he can't even remember her eyes when they're right in front of him, and he thinks she's "demure." The marriage is doomed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Damian has shojo manga brain, that’s the obvious conclusion

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ragnar34 posted:

Damian sees Anya as he imagines her to be rather than who she is. Punching him is what got his attention, but he can't even remember her eyes when they're right in front of him, and he thinks she's "demure." The marriage is doomed.

A lot of people when they develop a crush on someone have an imagined ideal version of that person in their head for a while; and Damian's a kid. Hopefully he'll see her closer to the real her.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Punching him is what got his attention, but he can't even remember her eyes when they're right in front of him,

Typical concussion symptoms

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Damian's POV of Anya being animated by Kyo-ani.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ragnar34 posted:

he's six

Tapet
Oct 17, 2010

The fact that Anyas hair is *just* ever so slightly more detailed when in Damian-vision will never stop being hilarious.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
there hasn't been enough focus on raccoon Anya imo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SexyBlindfold posted:

there hasn't been enough focus on raccoon Anya imo

That's because it was a tanuki

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I liked about last episode was how when one of the omelets Loid was making got a little messed up because they ran out of ketchup you can see in a wide shot that he gave himself that one.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

muscles like this! posted:

Something I liked about last episode was how when one of the omelets Loid was making got a little messed up because they ran out of ketchup you can see in a wide shot that he gave himself that one.

Oh yeah, it's a very Dad move, I appreciated it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah part of the appeal of Loid is that he's wound tighter than climbing grade rope but also slowly but surely succumbing to genuine feelings towards his "family". He insists it's all about the mission, but the little things in the margins show that it's less and less the case.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
An amusing thing about Loid is he could be straight out of a josei story, had this been set primarily from Yor's perspective - he's an attractive, mysterious guy who sweeps into a nearly 30-year old office worker's life and brings marriage, cooking skills, and a cute little daughter into the mix.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hogama posted:

An amusing thing about Loid is he could be straight out of a josei story, had this been set primarily from Yor's perspective - he's an attractive, mysterious guy who sweeps into a nearly 30-year old office worker's life and brings marriage, cooking skills, and a cute little daughter into the mix.

I saw someone else talking about this before, suggesting that Loid is basically the male lead in a josei story rewritten to be a suitable shonen lead. He's even emotionally distant in a way so you can tell he really cares deep down, if he could just open up to someone.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Hogama posted:

Are most Josei leads hypercompetent government assassins? Asking for a friend.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Kinda, yeah.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Omnicrom posted:

Are most Josei leads hypercompetent government assassins? Asking for a friend.

Usually emotionally distant, rich ikemen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eyre Kneed posted:

Usually emotionally distant, rich ikemen.

Like Eisenhower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Hogama posted:

I really want a full ep from Yor's perspective that plays into this now.