Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

kaom posted:

I mean BC made a recommendation which was “don’t get the fourth dose yet” so I’m not sure which is worse, no information or information that seems questionably wise. It’s hard as an individual when the people who are supposed to be the experts are running confusing public communications.

Honestly I even had trouble finding information from the WHO on whether covid is airborne. Maybe I’m just terrible at website navigation but it doesn’t seem like a big ask to have some simple fact sheets available at this point? BC CDC had nothing useful for what to do coming out of quarantine as my partner recovered, it felt like pure guesswork as to when he wouldn’t be contagious to me anymore.

The BC Health recommendation was super clear, and well explained iirc.

What specifically were you hoping for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Canuckistan posted:

Today I submitted an ATIP request for my grandfather's military records from WWII. I know he served in France and the Netherlands, and I want to go on a trip and visit some places where he was. I just received this response:

"Due to the large number of inquiries received, we are currently responding to requests we received in November 2018. We appreciate your understanding in regards to this situation."

LOL. Well, gently caress me then.

Which agency did you contact and under what legislation was the ATIP made?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

mojo1701a posted:

My guess is laziness. A lot of people think the pandemic is over so there's no real urgency to get the vaccine if it's "not as severe for kids".

It's really odd. I'm twice-boosted and I wear a mask most of the time in public with a few exceptions. I do this because... why not play the odds? It doesn't take a lot of time out of my day. But as much I believe COVID is still a risk for everyone, I think some people have just reached an unreasonable paranoia about it. Honestly? It's not looking that bad. No one at work wears a mask except for me and one other guy, and no one's had COVID for at least two months, for all the fearmongering about repeat reinfections and the new variants. Very few people are taking precautions anywhere and most people are still fine. I can't honestly say The Majority is being that stupid, even if I myself do take more precautions than average.

If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't. If you don't want to get the vaccine and/or boosters, then don't. I can't bring myself to care anymore. We've led these horses to water, let them drink or not drink at their leisure. The data is out there, we know what can prevent infections and what can make any infections that do occur less severe, now let everyone make their own choice because I just can't be bothered to care anymore.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Home Depot near me had 3M Auras. I wouldn't trust Amazon for 'em.

kaom posted:

Honestly I even had trouble finding information from the WHO on whether covid is airborne. Maybe I’m just terrible at website navigation but it doesn’t seem like a big ask to have some simple fact sheets available at this point?

It took literal years for that admission to bubble up the WHO, and I'm not sure the top committee ever ended up saying "ok fine". It's not an accident that it's hard to find.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just got a notification for my 2 kids in the 5-11 range are eligible for a booster now (in BC). Probably best to just get that done rather than wait for a bivalent one to be approved for kids I'm thinking.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

priznat posted:

Just got a notification for my 2 kids in the 5-11 range are eligible for a booster now (in BC). Probably best to just get that done rather than wait for a bivalent one to be approved for kids I'm thinking.

I doubt we'll get a bivalent for kids before the new year

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah that seems extremely likely.

They've been going to daycamp throughout the summer and I've been surprised they haven't gotten sick at all to be honest, lots of kids mucking about. But a lot is outside. Will be a fun month or two getting back into school :smith:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Agreed, let them get it now. The first few weeks of school is when kids get incredibly sick.

If the military taught me anything, it's that the first few weeks of a course is when everyone shares the bugs they brought from home and we all get to throw up and poo poo our pants together.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Learned (from Facebook) that GP is going to be moving from three public lab testing clinics to one private to service the whole city.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/tl91d5/is_famished_flames_fixed_yet/

Absolutely capital job, conservatives

edit: guess this is for the entire province. I'm so excited.

Fart Amplifier fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 2, 2022

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
not sure that link is the correct one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alberta becoming a wh40k horde shooter so gradually we never noticed

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Oil for the oil god

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Verviticus posted:

not sure that link is the correct one

You might be on to something

https://www.facebook.com/100057579455135/posts/pfbid02Q2KU2z8f2RAR8H8e5CMeLPAz934EPTHQrmHqLA4sV7SHJ8R9xDazyPrxD114SeF5l

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
it occured to me yesterday that the pizza pizza fixed rate pizza is a more directly impactful action against inflation than anything the feds or ontario has done for me

that's really sad

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fart Amplifier posted:

Learned (from Facebook) that GP is going to be moving from three public lab testing clinics to one private to service the whole city.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/tl91d5/is_famished_flames_fixed_yet/

Absolutely capital job, conservatives

edit: guess this is for the entire province. I'm so excited.

Dynalife is taking over everything. Here, even if you have an appointment it takes an hour to get in the door. They opened a second location that is in a former Tim Hortons, but they couldn't handle half of the work with a larger location.

I'm hosed up enough to still be able to get my tests done at the hospital. In and out in 5 minutes. That probably ends December 5th when Dynalife takes over the hospital lab services. One of the tests i have to do from time to time has to be done at Dynalife and is sent to quebec and takes nearly a month for results.

The PCs gave Dynalife a 15 year, $3b contract.
The NDP in 2016 set in motion a $50m buyout at the end of that contract on March 31, 2022, returning all lab testing to the government
The UCP killed the superlab and handed everything to Dynalife because doing it was the opposite was an NDP policy. And also the kickbacks.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 2, 2022

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

priznat posted:

I got my fourth back in July when I heard they were expiring and getting tossed again. I’ve learned to take BC Public Health’s “This is okay, but not recommended” messaging with a grain of salt. I’ll just get a bivalent booster when it’s available, I’m not going to wait another 6 months for no reason.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Indolent Bastard posted:

Which agency did you contact and under what legislation was the ATIP made?

An informal request to Library and Archives Canada. Reading it again, it looks like a formal request may be quicker, but the email from them doesn't make it seem that way. I should email them and see if a formal ATIP request has the same delay.

Please be advised that LAC ATIP is operating at limited capacity and is prioritizing urgent requests.

Due to the high volume of urgent requests we have received, priority service will be given to requests where documentation is required for medical or employment purposes, bursaries, benefits and services, which clearly demonstrate an urgency or deadline.

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 2, 2022

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Arivia posted:

it occured to me yesterday that the pizza pizza fixed rate pizza is a more directly impactful action against inflation than anything the feds or ontario has done for me

that's really sad
Now if only it were literally any other brand of pizza :smith:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Drakyn posted:

Now if only it were literally any other brand of pizza :smith:

it's better than pizzaville

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Azerban posted:

it's better than pizzaville

in my previous city this was not true

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The last time I had pizza pizza was on a business trip to Ontario after moving to Winnipeg and holy gently caress was it terrible.

I mean Manitoba pizza daring Pizza Hotline isn't that great either but omg stop eating pizza pizza that poo poo is gross.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 2, 2022

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Dominos ditching their 40% off student deal sucked, that was such a good source of cheap reasonable pizza in Winnipeg.

What’s the next best thing these days?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
We get papa johns carryout when we want effortless.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Crow Buddy posted:

The BC Health recommendation was super clear, and well explained iirc.

What specifically were you hoping for?

I kind of conflated two things in my post, that’s on me. But yeah I was hoping for a more coordinated approach.

1) Vaccinations

I think BC has been doing an okay job communicating directly via text/email about these. But it worries me to see experts making different recommendations via news and twitter (and this might be a mistake, but I generally trust if people are posting and discussing a scientist/doctor’s recommendations in this thread without pushback, that it’s reasonably trustworthy). The BCTF has also publicly disagreed with health recommendations via twitter and CBC. I know it’s impossible for everyone to agree on the right approach even if they somehow all agree on what the data is saying, but it would be nice if public health could have at least had major groups like BCTF on board with their messaging.

Then when they explain their reasoning for a less cautious recommendation, they don’t always update it for changing situations. The recommendation against getting a 4th dose in the summer for most was paired with an explanation that they expected increased transmission in the fall based on what we’ve seen previously, so delayed boosters would give the most benefit. But then another wave started in July/August, and they didn’t update that recommendation even though the wave hit early. I find this difficult to understand.

2) BC CDC

This was confusing as hell. The recommendations for someone with COVID at the time my partner had it were to quarantine for 5 days after the fever was gone, after which time you should stop isolating but spend another 5 days masking when going out. The recommendations for caring for someone with COVID were “wear a mask and clean surfaces for 5 days” - zero info about those next five days or when and how we should end isolation indoors from each other. Also generally a lot of emphasis on cleaning surfaces, which I’m not actually sure is that useful (no information about whether it’s airborne, which is why I turned to the WHO looking for that). The US CDC website did have more information, saying that we should continue to mask and isolate from each other indoors for those additional five days, so that’s what we ended up doing.

Basically the “caring for someone with COVID” recommendations cut off too early, they seem to assume that you don’t live together so after the five day quarantine you have no more reasons to interact with the person you’re caring for since they can go out on their own.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

EvilJoven posted:

The last time I had pizza pizza was on a business trip to Ontario after moving to Winnipeg and holy gently caress was it terrible.

Pizza Pizza is the pizza they serve at Jets games and the fact that they give away slices to a whole row every game is evidence that the organization, in fact, clearly hates their own fans.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fortunately I'm too poor to attend many Jets games. It's not as ubiquitus in MB as it is in ON so I just avoid that poo poo the few places it pops up. gently caress it, I see one game a year, I'll just get the drat hot dog.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

Pizza Pizza is the pizza they serve at Jets games and the fact that they give away slices to a whole row every game is evidence that the organization, in fact, clearly hates their own fans.

There was a time where I liked Pizza Pizza because they offered all their toppings for free while other places charged for some. Over time they slowly started charging for more of their toppings. Last time I thought about ordering from them, almost all of their toppings cost extra except I think mozzarella and pepperoni.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pizza73 ham and pineapple seared into my memory and small intestines as a small child.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

McDonalds pizza, make me crie everytim

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TheKingofSprings posted:

Dominos ditching their 40% off student deal sucked, that was such a good source of cheap reasonable pizza in Winnipeg.

What’s the next best thing these days?

UM50 was alright but most of the time the coupons they had on the website was just about equal to anything you could get. Dominos is still top tier for chain pizza.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There is no thing as bad pizza.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

My friend have you ever been to gatineau

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

We’re capable of committing pizza crimes on par with the best: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3940135&pagenumber=98&perpage=40&highlight=Regina#post517665592

”Regina style” pizza

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

When I lived in Regina my parents came to visit and the only thing on their to-do list was go to Houston's

They sought it out on purpose

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

evilpicard posted:

My friend have you ever been to gatineau

Once to get computer parts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you’ve made bad pizza then you haven’t made pizza, simple.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

We get papa johns carryout when we want effortless.

I miss abusing the McMullen code for 40% off. Did that for two years in Edmonton and then they shut the code down

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Spoken like someone who has never eaten at the Calgary airport Sbarro

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Red swan pizza is fine and id put it over like.. pizza 73 or sbarro, they got some crazy flavours too.

At some point you just gotta start calling it a flat bread though.