Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't believe Harvestella has time travelling aliens and the trailers didn't mention that at all

that isn't even really a spoiler, you see it on the second day, feel free to click, and yet not a whiff of it in any of the promotional stuff. who is doing the marketing for this game.

I know that people love to just assume a trailer shows everything a game has to offer but sometimes, just sometimes, trailers don't reveal everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Usually they reveal the core premise of the game in order to attract attention to it, though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Framboise posted:

I've got no real horse in the race since I don't care about the movie, but I'll always be perplexed as to why Charles Martinet was not cast as Mario's voice actor by default, and replaced with Crisp Rat, no less.

I think that Mario voice only works in quick snippets. It would get annoying constantly hearing it for a whole movie.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Oxyclean posted:

Mods could probably all do that easily enough, but I suppose that wouldn't be much good if you want it on switch.

At the same time, you basically get to that point after awhile. You end up with with a supply of food for more then enough energy, and you hit a point where enough stuff manages itself that you start going to bed early to move things along. (Which maybe is a bit too real....) The only thing you don't really get is faster movement, I think.

this is why i haven't bought stardew again for the switch. i have so many mods on my pc version and i don't think i could play vanilla again

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Seriously, they really did Martinet dirty on this one. Maybe he just didn’t want the role?

Hearing Mario have dialogue will be weird, but lol imagine if there’s ever a Zelda movie/series and they give Link dialogue

Millennials won't find it weird because we grew up with multiple Mario cartoons where he and everyone else spoke.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cojawfee posted:

I think that Mario voice only works in quick snippets. It would get annoying constantly hearing it for a whole movie.

I agree with this. I don't think Pratt is the best choice, but whatever. I love Charles Martinet (and he's still in the movie, btw) but I don't think I could sit through a WAHOO-alogue.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Seriously, they really did Martinet dirty on this one. Maybe he just didn’t want the role?

Hearing Mario have dialogue will be weird, but lol imagine if there’s ever a Zelda movie/series and they give Link dialogue

There’s a big difference between voicing a character in a video game who has a half dozen throwaway lines and action noises and being the leading role in a 300 million dollar animated blockbuster. Also he does like 6 characters so he’d end up being half of the movie.

He has a cameo in the film so it’s not like Nintendo just poo poo him out of the project entirely.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Really should’ve been Danny Devito doing the movie Mario voice

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Really should’ve been Danny Devito doing the movie Mario voice

Maybe they cast him as Wario and just haven’t announced it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

There’s a big difference between voicing a character in a video game who has a half dozen throwaway lines and action noises and being the leading role in a 300 million dollar animated blockbuster. Also he does like 6 characters so he’d end up being half of the movie.

intresting and i guess you think nutty professor is bad too

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Cojawfee posted:

Counterpoint: Mario Gamestop call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Snprp2QOhA

Martinet's fully voiced Mario for 2 hours would be amazing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

lunar detritus posted:

It should be a shot-for-shot remake of the 1993 movie.

Aren't at least two of the main actors dead? :v:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Aren't at least two of the main actors dead? :v:

We have deep fake ai software no one is really dead in Hollywood anymore! We make those corpses dance and sing, baby

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
:zombie:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Evil Fluffy posted:

Millennials won't find it weird because we grew up with multiple Mario cartoons where he and everyone else spoke.

It's like no one remembers the Zelda cartoon. I used to love that show.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I fell off the AC wagon over a year ago and I keep thinking about going back but I’m scared to because I don’t want my animals mad at me :(

If it helps at all, each of your villagers will have one line when you first talk to them after a hiatus going basically "Oh hey, I haven't seen you in forever! How ya been? Welcome back!" and then they will never mention your prolonged absence again.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think the difference was, in the cartoons, he generally had a more listenable voice and didn’t sound like an Italian elemental.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it's my favorite harvest moon game and one of my favorite gamecube games, i am stoked

Sorry to re-quote you again, but I assumed I knew basically everything about AWL....until I just found this while looking up something else. :stare:

https://harvestmoon.fandom.com/wiki/Daachan_(AWL)

Your child's teddy bear posted:

Enter the child's room late at night to see the bear stand up, walk toward the door, return to its original position, and sit down.

The bear's head turns left and right after you stand still for several (in-game) hours.

If the player is in the child's bedroom, alone, then the bear will appear to "breathe" but upon turning to the bear the animation will stop. Going toward the bear will have it's eyes raise a little before settling them back down.

Who knew a Harvest Moon game would be the unofficial Eternal Darkness sequel? :stonk: I would have absolutely lost my poo poo and ripped my Gamecube out of the wall if I saw this while I was a kid!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I forget. Can you be gay in the new (old) Harvest Moon, the one that was on the most recent Direct? And if you are gay, can you still have a kid? Also that's not the weird Harvest Moon that ends the game after the female character gets married? Doesn't do that for the male, just the lady farmer. I always thought that was incredibly weird.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

I forget. Can you be gay in the new (old) Harvest Moon, the one that was on the most recent Direct? And if you are gay, can you still have a kid? Also that's not the weird Harvest Moon that ends the game after the female character gets married? Doesn't do that for the male, just the lady farmer. I always thought that was incredibly weird.

That's Harvest Moon 3 for GBC. Romance doesn't really play much of a part in that game since you're not choosing a partner—Pete and Sara either are or aren't getting married. It's just a waste of time if you played as the girl and want to continue your farm AND marry Pete

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

The Story of Seasons games do allow for same-sex relationships/marriage, and the AWL remake is apparently no different. Compared to the other games in the series, AWL is very "passing of time" focused (certain characters age, die, etc), so I'm 99% positive they'll let your same-sex couple have a baby as well. What I'm curious about is if the gender of the baby will change...in the original game, your kid was always a boy.

Rune Factory is the series that still insists on your character being straight. :smith: It sucks, because it basically means you have to research all marriage candidates before you even get started (rather than getting to know them organically), or else you may start a file with one gender but realize your desired spouse is only available for the other gender.

Edit: I have been corrected, looks like same-sex marriage was added in RF5! Here's hoping it's also in the remake of 3!

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 23, 2022

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Charles Martinet never fails to make me smile.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Read After Burning posted:

Rune Factory is the series that still insists on your character being straight. :smith:

No, RF5 lets you get gay married so anyone can marry any marriage candidate (same sex couples can get a baby via magic). We don’t know anything about 6 yet but I’m not too worried about them backsliding.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Snake Maze posted:

No, RF5 lets you get gay married so anyone can marry any marriage candidate (same sex couples can get a baby via magic). We don’t know anything about 6 yet but I’m not too worried about them backsliding.

Oh hell yeah, that's great to hear! :dance: I totally missed that it was added in RF5. Here's hoping it'll be in the remake of 3 as well...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Oh hell yeah, that's great to hear! :dance: I totally missed that it was added in RF5. Here's hoping it'll be in the remake of 3 as well...

in the original 3 you couldn't even change the playable character's gender. It's not impossible but it would be a pretty big addition to add a female playable character, and then make all the male NPCs romanceable.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Yeah, it initially launched without it in Japan. When they announced the international version they revealed it'd feature same sex relationships and it was backported into the Japanese version. It was a pretty big gap between patch and launch (I think 6 months?) but still a really cool move you rarely see

I'm pretty sure XSEED has gone on record saying they pushed for the feature hard, and they're also doing the RF3 remake. Between that and Marvelous seeing all the goodwill / publicity it brought them, it's at least 50/50 odds I'd say

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Palmtree Panic posted:

Counterpoint: Mario Gamestop call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Snprp2QOhA

Martinet's fully voiced Mario for 2 hours would be amazing.

See I could totally handle this for a movie, as long as he doesn't go on some long speech

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Walla posted:

It's like no one remembers the Zelda cartoon. I used to love that show.

I remember watching alot of the Super Show. I sort of vaguely remember seeing Captain N once. I have never seen the Zelda cartoon until the dvds.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

For twelve-a years, you've-a been wonderin, Who is Mario?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Here's ten minutes of Mario talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sYvNtjXRI

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mega64 posted:

Here's ten minutes of Mario talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sYvNtjXRI

yeah a whole movie of this would be loving awful

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The Story of Seasons games do allow for same-sex relationships/marriage, and the AWL remake is apparently no different. Compared to the other games in the series, AWL is very "passing of time" focused (certain characters age, die, etc), so I'm 99% positive they'll let your same-sex couple have a baby as well. What I'm curious about is if the gender of the baby will change...in the original game, your kid was always a boy.

Rune Factory is the series that still insists on your character being straight. :smith: It sucks, because it basically means you have to research all marriage candidates before you even get started (rather than getting to know them organically), or else you may start a file with one gender but realize your desired spouse is only available for the other gender.

Edit: I have been correct, looks like same-sex marriage was added in RF5! Here's hoping it's also in the remake of 3!

This is good to hear. I might not take advantage of such options, but I'm glad they exist. I wish they'd added gay marriage to RF4 as well. Although personally the only lady in that game I'd care to marry isn't marriageable anyway (Illuminata?), which is a goddamn travesty.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Oxyclean posted:

Mods could probably all do that easily enough, but I suppose that wouldn't be much good if you want it on switch.

At the same time, you basically get to that point after awhile. You end up with with a supply of food for more then enough energy, and you hit a point where enough stuff manages itself that you start going to bed early to move things along. (Which maybe is a bit too real....) The only thing you don't really get is faster movement, I think.

I think coffee makes you work faster

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
He’s probably just gonna sound like Chris Pratt because who cares it’ll sell.

He’ll probably say “bet” at some point. It’s for kids.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

American McGay posted:

At least they'd be hiring a voice actor for an animated movie instead of a Hollywood star for the sake of advertising

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scholtz posted:

At least they'd be hiring a voice actor for an animated movie instead of a Hollywood star for the sake of advertising

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yeah but Lego Batman's where it's at.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Will Arnett in talks to play Waluigi.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What's your point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The only thing funny that Chris Pratt has done is the Kim kardashian comeback joke. Everything else is good despite of him