Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

It had the hallmarks of goulash, although starting with a giant pot of water is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Quote is not edit.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Just seemed like a kinda prototypical vegetable and meat stew with sour cream which leans a bit towards Eastern European influences ie czech/slav/polish

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Maera Sior posted:

It had the hallmarks of goulash, although starting with a giant pot of water is wrong.

Very, very wrong. But it isn't the worst culinary trainwreck I've seen in anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH5BfM3WAJE

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Not Important posted:

Very, very wrong. But it isn't the worst culinary trainwreck I've seen in anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH5BfM3WAJE

What is that abomination?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

OB_Juan posted:

Sorry, popped into my head when I saw this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEzUTKeysI

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I'm trying to remember what real-life dish Yor's actual good product is- or rather where it's from. Basically it's supposed to be a dead giveaway of what our-world country Yor is from since this story takes place in the Strangereal universe.

Looks like it could be a kind of shakshuka?
Stew with tomato, bell pepper, feta cheese and egg. Variants all over the Middle East. The sour cream doesn't fit, though.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I still think it's goulash, given we're given paprika and sour cream.

ETA: I think I found it, see https://visiteurope.com/en/experience/coachmans-goulash/.

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 25, 2022

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Maera Sior posted:

I still think it's goulash, given we're given paprika and sour cream.

ETA: I think I found it, see https://visiteurope.com/en/experience/coachmans-goulash/.

Yeah, I've seen it mentioned in a couple places that it appears to be a form of Fiakergulasch which is traditional in Vienna, Austria.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder whether this childhood dish will end up outing Yor at some point, or at least highlight inconsistencies in her backstory.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I doubt it, just because the backstory she gave Loid is mostly the same as her actual backstory so far as I know and she just omitted "Oh, and I became a contract killer after my parents died, to support my brother". She gave her real place of birth, age etc. so far as I recall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Yor is pretty open and honest about everything that is not the murder for hire thing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Until there's a briefing and they tell Loid "watch out for this "Thorn Princess", she's incredibly deadly. We don't have any intel about what she looks like but she does love goulash"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Until there's a briefing and they tell Loid "watch out for this "Thorn Princess", she's incredibly deadly. We don't have any intel about what she looks like but she does love goulash"

"What a coincidence. My wife loves goulash as well. I guess it's really popular these days. Maybe that's the secret to how both my wife and the Thorn Princess can kick cars hard enough to knock them off the road."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chiasaur11 posted:

"What a coincidence. My wife loves goulash as well. I guess it's really popular these days. Maybe that's the secret to how both my wife and the Thorn Princess can kick cars hard enough to knock them off the road."

"Nah, I'm just being silly; that's just how everyone else parallel parks."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

tsob posted:

"Nah, I'm just being silly; that's just how everyone else parallel parks."

Which reminds me of the ending of Shaolin soccer all of a sudden

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/spyfamily_anime/status/1585919301206294528

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Oh woops oh, I dropped my monster photo I took of my magnum dog

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh gently caress yes, next episode is Daybreak

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anya-narrator is a good bit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Operation Griffin is one favorite my chapters from the manga and the anike did it so well.

Love that Anya's delusions are starting to get more insane.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Honestly, it's Becky's sudden fixation on Loid that makes me :tinfoil:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm sure Spy Family won't do an Usagi Drop.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Not nearly enough Borf this episode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Annointed posted:

I'm sure Spy Family won't do an Usagi Drop.

Loid already has a wife, with papers and everything so it's nice and legal.

Kiss your wife Loid.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kwyndig posted:

Loid already has a wife, with papers and everything so it's nice and legal.

Kiss your wife Loid.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/nekomachines/status/1586602355545747456

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I won't deny that's cute as heck, but I also feel sorry for that dog. It must be nearly blind in that mask, and most dogs (animals full stop, really) loving hate having stuff put on them anyway, even if that thing doesn't also heavily restrict their vision.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

I not even a dog person and I think this is not something I would endorse.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Framing makes doggo look sad.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Why would you make a dog wear an Anya costume instead of getting them a bowtie and putting an Anya doll on their back like Bond?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

TwoPair posted:

Why would you make a dog wear an Anya costume instead of getting them a bowtie and putting an Anya doll on their back like Bond?

Because you made a bad decision.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Yall are a bunch of bleeding hearts, putting costumes on your pets that they hate is one of the top reasons to have a pet. We make it up to them with endless love and tolerance for them making GBS threads on the floor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Talorat posted:

Yall are a bunch of bleeding hearts, putting costumes on your pets that they hate is one of the top reasons to have a pet. We make it up to them with endless love and tolerance for them making GBS threads on the floor.

Somehow I have had many pets and never felt the need to make them miserable for my amusement

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
dogs only do this when they're very distressed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ImpAtom posted:

Somehow I have had many pets and never felt the need to make them miserable for my amusement

Coward

I've called my cat a butthead and by god I swear I'll do it again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

started watching this today thinking I would watch like one or two episodes, I have watched 14 so far.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One thing I like is the little sparkles around Anya that act as a visual shorthand for her powers going off. Does the manga do something similar?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

One thing I like is the little sparkles around Anya that act as a visual shorthand for her powers going off. Does the manga do something similar?

Yeah, but it's easy to miss. I think the audio cue the anime adds helps a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

It's kind of subtle