Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

I saw you post your dads Irish :ninja:

Now die!

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol but I was baptized Catholic.

[donning gilded cross necklace] baptized AND confirmed here

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yahweh does what Ahura Mazdon’t

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

That’s cool it’s a beautiful tradition

lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

My faith? Logic.

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gaming is my religion

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gaming is my religion

- R.E.M.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I was born a Snake handler, and I’ll die a Snake handler

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s me in the corner, that’s me in the roguelite

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m half chosen and half non demoninaysh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Transubstantiation? Those clowns and Sony have done it again!

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm a member of the National Baptist Evangelical Life and Soul Saving Assembly of the U.S.A.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wasn't raised religious at all and i barely understand any of what you guys are talking about but Islam and Daoism are cool to me. i still don't really get it though.

----------------

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was locked into catholicism day one due their brand deal with the entire country. Got a bunch of money for my communion and confirmation and now I get to enjoy all the sweet religion riffs. Mad respect to God

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Was locked into catholicism day one due their brand deal with the entire country. Got a bunch of money for my communion and confirmation and now I get to enjoy all the sweet religion riffs. Mad respect to God

it hits different out there i htink. poo poo's loving beautiful out there...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The sort of schizophrenic nondenominationalism where you just read a bunch of different stuff about every religion and stitch your own beliefs out of a random grab bag of stuff that sounds right to you ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nonreligious jewish hype

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Catholic good boy here thanks to my parents being from wildly different backgrounds with the exception being religion. Went to a few years of Sunday school, even. As did my siblings

They never really pushed it on me, I think they just wanted to see if I was into it and when I clearly wasn't they stopped. The news of paeideiouphilae priests gaining traction probably didn't help either

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

symbolic posted:

[donning gilded cross necklace] baptized AND confirmed here

this. imagine sleeping on the intercession of the saints. smh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The sort of schizophrenic nondenominationalism where you just read a bunch of different stuff about every religion and stitch your own beliefs out of a random grab bag of stuff that sounds right to you ftw

this basically lol.

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
Went to sunday school, confirmed catholic, nun whipped me with a ruler for asking if Jesus could breathe underwater

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm in the Ku Klux Klan.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm in the Ku Klux Klan.

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

Went to sunday school, confirmed catholic, nun whipped me with a ruler for asking if Jesus could breathe underwater

We learnt what sacrilege was when we had to do this like improv "everyone in class add a line to the story of Colmcille" and I said he drove around Scotland in the batmobile.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Something like 95% of our schools are catholic schools and I had to go to an Irish speaking one. Only the principal hit us but the teacher in junior and senior infants used to threaten us with the injection. And you'd get dragged out of class to the scary teacher who had this gigantic silver pen we all thought was a needle and he'd scream in your face in Irish that he was gonna give you the injection while the other teacher was like "I dunno if I can stop him, are you really sorry??".

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

We learnt what sacrilege was when we had to do this like improv "everyone in class add a line to the story of Colmcille" and I said he drove around Scotland in the batmobile.

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gaming is my religion

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Baptized Anglican and went to church for four years until we kind of stopped. Mom and Dad are died in the wool atheists and I think they were just looking for a cheap baby sitter.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That’s cool it’s a beautiful tradition

Lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I was raised pentecostal, then married a non practicing catholic after I moved away. Haven’t really been a regular church goer as all the ones around me are far too boring. Still thank the Lord for every gaming day.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
my dad's a methodist preacher loll

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Trad cath here. Went to catholic HS and almost became priest. Cheers

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

EmmyOk posted:

Something like 95% of our schools are catholic schools and I had to go to an Irish speaking one. Only the principal hit us but the teacher in junior and senior infants used to threaten us with the injection. And you'd get dragged out of class to the scary teacher who had this gigantic silver pen we all thought was a needle and he'd scream in your face in Irish that he was gonna give you the injection while the other teacher was like "I dunno if I can stop him, are you really sorry??".

lmao but also :staredog:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

forgot to tquote this lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

church of the subgenius, obv. But also,

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gaming is my religion

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
John Romero's career died for our gaming sins

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I'm atheist now tho :coolslime: Loss of faith is tough but it is what it is. Still find religion fascinating and love learning about all sorts

EmmyOk posted:

whoa

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol the good garda bad garda routine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not saying there would be, or should be, but if a holy war ever broke out in the iZ the Catholic posters would loving sweep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

now lolling imagining it going like the Simpsons Terror Sweat scene