Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cloks posted:

You want chapter 1066? It's yours for the taking, I left every remaining chapter in "that place".

Hastings is such a weird place to find One Piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Far be it from me to send anyone to reddit, but the OP Reddit board does a great job of catching and pinning chapter spoilers to a stickeyed post every week there is one. In case anyone's curious where all that hub bub comes from.

Godspeed, TCB angels. Can't wait for better translations to drop.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

Hastings is such a weird place to find One Piece.

Turns out it was in an old storage unit off route 5 this whole time.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
On my way through a Whole Cake reread and Hunger Mom is so loving cool

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Whole Cake is the superior Vs Yonkou arc. Wano is great and all but it buckles under its own weight and it never quite reaches the same intense heights as the escape from Big Mom's turf.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Star Platinum posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Whole Cake is the superior Vs Yonkou arc. Wano is great and all but it buckles under its own weight and it never quite reaches the same intense heights as the escape from Big Mom's turf.

The superior vs Yonkou arc was the one where Luffy drank juice and an entire Younkou crew laughed at him for it.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Can we include Jaya? Because Jaya is gold from start to finish.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh I thought it was that lower quality scan group, id read them

https://coloredmanga.com/manhwa/onepiecescanlations/chapter-1066/

here it is, they just stapled the previously mentioned poor quality twitter translation on to some mediocre scans. not that bad as far as poor quality scanlations go i guess

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm going to create a new age, where nobody ever has to wait for a chapter again.

it is kinda weird that i always want the new chap as soon as possible, but i also love the serialization aspect because i genuinely get like 90% of my enjoyment of the series by discussing it rabidly

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

lih posted:

https://coloredmanga.com/manhwa/onepiecescanlations/chapter-1066/

here it is, they just stapled the previously mentioned poor quality twitter translation on to some mediocre scans. not that bad as far as poor quality scanlations go i guess

I am unfathomably happy for Robin

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Vegapunk is Perospero’s father confirmed

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
drat ugly as that scan may be I loving love Vegapunk's whole thing now. gently caress that is some premium One Piece.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Did current Actual-Vegapunk lobotimized himself to split six ways cause drat

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
there's so much going on here

it's probably going to be that the giants took the last poneglyph to elbaf, and saul is the "man marked by flames"? wonder how he survived - aokiji's attack was "ice time capsule" so maybe unfreezing him after a while was deliberate? or someone else saved him?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I should have know Vegapunk 'Prime' would be an exaggerated Einstein

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lih posted:

there's so much going on here

it's probably going to be that the giants took the last poneglyph to elbaf, and saul is the "man marked by flames"? wonder how he survived - aokiji's attack was "ice time capsule" so maybe unfreezing him after a while was deliberate? or someone else saved him?

ohara was on fire so he probably unthawed but was scarred in the process

also jesus, what a chapter

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Can't believe we are at the end of Germa story and Pedro is still hella dead, but Saul is now alive.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

jesus christ Dr. Vegapunk is literally 5head personified

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RuBisCO posted:

I am unfathomably happy for Robin

literally weeping

derra
Dec 29, 2012

RC Cola posted:

literally weeping

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

SgtSteel91 posted:

I should have know Vegapunk 'Prime' would be an exaggerated Einstein

I love the design so much.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Really enjoyed the movie but the fighting felt superfluous and didn’t have much impact compared to the real conflict. I was the only one in the imax I felt kinda guilty

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

that was YOUR imax

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This request cover is canon and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Going back to this, I think I cracked it:

It's Sunk Records. It's a giant egg because it was it was a giant time capsule that was sunk below the ocean that Vegapunk or someone discovered, surfaced, and opened up.

Spoilers for the new, not yet TCB translated chapter:
What were the books on Ohara? Sunk records. :haw:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

hatty posted:

Really enjoyed the movie but the fighting felt superfluous and didn’t have much impact compared to the real conflict. I was the only one in the imax I felt kinda guilty

agreed. all the uta stuff was great, but the 15 minutes of people lining up to do attacks at various points didn't really hit for me (even if some of it looked cool)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also, my mug came in!

It's a bit small, but the quality is really nice.

e:

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1590897428705992704

last time they said this it was like, <10min lol

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 11, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

well, poo poo

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4726/one-piece-chapter-1066

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Already in chills seeing the title

VEGAPUUUUUUUUUUUUNK

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i read the chapter's title and my eyes pop out

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Usopp freaking out about the consequences of knowing about the Void Century, my brother in christ you have a half a billion bounty.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Chapter 15

In a weird way sometimes it's almost more tense having a chapter focused on a minor side character than with one of the mains. Like, I know the hero isn't going to get killed off, but this "Mayor Boodle" guy could be fair game.

Oof, apparently Luffy thinks the same way I do. I mean I'm glad Mayor Boodle is going to stay unconscious and safe, but Luffy is still pretty brutal in his mercy. His love language is violence.

Chapter 16

Animal abuse! Poor Richie...what he did to Chouchou sucked, but you don't blame the animal you blame the trainer which is why I'm glad Mohji is getting a beat down right now.

Zoro I'm pretty sure being the best swordsman involves injuring the OTHER guy, but you do you I guess.

Chapter 17

Zoro is not a circus fan.

I don't think Nami is coming back.

Luffy want's to be King of the Pirates, but seems totally uninterested in doing the main things pirates do AKA pillaging and stealing. In fact, he seems pretty dedicated to doing the opposite of that and making sure others don't do it either?

Red hair! Shanks! The dude from Chapter one and also the movie!

Chapter 18

The pirates pretending to be unconscious so they don't have to fight have the right idea, when you see two dudes with weird devil powers going at it just let them hash it out.

Oh gently caress, you don't mess with Luffy's hat, that's like his one thing!

Chapter 19

awwww, lil' Buggy and Shanks.

Wait, so the captain is just letting any rando crew member eat the fruit that gives you incredible God-like powers? Even though the right buyer will pay 100 million for it? This captain is an idiot, no wonder Buggy and Shanks want to leave.

I....I really feel like Buggy is missing the forest for the trees here. Can't he just get someone else to dive down and get the treasure? He has a whole crew. Or, I done, get some kind of device like Link had in Wind Waker so he can pull treasure up?

I just really think God Like powers > swimming. Buggy should be thanking Shanks for accidentally causing him to swallow that fruit.

Chapter 20

Ha! Left your balls unguarded! Nerd!

Nami hates pirates, but she's still a lot better at the whole pirate thing than Luffy is. At least she grasps the "Find treasure ----> take it" concept.

Yeah! That punch was for the Mayor! Who Luffy also punched! But for nice reasons!

Bye Buggy! Your powers were really cool and if you knew how to use them better you would have been terrifying!

Seriously, break away flying body parts is rad as Hell. Way, way, WAY cooler than being able to swim.

https://twitter.com/Cheesymanfredo/status/1590567832173301760?s=20&t=vNYrboZ8ugleseDIsSCuIg

This tweet reminded me very strongly of what I've seen of One Piece so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WAIT IS VEGAPUNK DOING THE TIME WARP

ARE WE GONNA GO ACTUALLY BACK TO VOID CENTURY

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
IS SAUL ALIVE??????????

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Everyone: This is gonna be Franky's arc!!!
Franky in this arc:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Everyone: This is gonna be Franky's arc!!!
Franky in this arc:

Surprise it's Robin's arc

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Chapter 19

awwww, lil' Buggy and Shanks.

Wait, so the captain is just letting any rando crew member eat the fruit that gives you incredible God-like powers? Even though the right buyer will pay 100 million for it? This captain is an idiot, no wonder Buggy and Shanks want to leave.

Lol. Lmao.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

Surprise it's Robin's arc

Franky's arcs are Robin's arcs, always.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Asuron posted:

IS SAUL ALIVE??????????

yep. At least he was 22 years ago. He's probably the "man marked by flames" that kid mentioned at the end of Wano

Really good chapter this week. Though I have to say, vegapunk's original design was ugly as sin

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's Hajrudin, Gerd and Goldberg, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's definitely gerd at the very least yeah

This also drastically improves the odds that we will be getting an elbaf arc, thank god