Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I am of the opinion that Loid should kiss Yor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sankara posted:

I am of the opinion that Loid should kiss Yor.

I have the exact opposite opinion, and I think, that Yor, should kiss Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kiss your husband, Yor.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Tunicate posted:

I have the exact opposite opinion, and I think, that Yor, should kiss Loid.

This is also acceptable.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I think they should kiss each other.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Detheros posted:

I think they should kiss each other.

Anya bumps into Yor, Loid trips over Bond, parent trap this poo poo.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I feel like the series has mostly forgotten that Yor is a hitwoman and not just a strong girl. I wish we saw more of her work and had opportunties for her and Loid to interact while "on the job" unknowingly.

I get why you don't really want to do that to some extent. Having her out killing potentially innocent people kinda undermines how likable she could be, but it's also not taking her character premise seriously.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Twilight and Thorn Princess are tasked with taking out the other, have to do so without attracting the attention of their spouse who is coincidentally always also there.

Then they kiss.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It is kind of funny how this is about the same time in the manga where manga readers also have the same points and criticisms word for word

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Compendium posted:

It is kind of funny how this is about the same time in the manga where manga readers also have the same points and criticisms word for word

It's similar to how Chainsaw Man readers are being reminded by the anime onlies how they used to hate Kobeni.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Twilight doesn't wear a special costume when he works for Operation Strix, but Yor does wear a Thorn Princess outfit so things would be weird with Yor because she's clearly going to freak out at Loid seeing her in her assassin getup.

I also want to applaud the Yor sequence animators, they did a good job and a kudos to the storyboard artist as well..

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 17, 2022

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Never read the manga, but the lack of anime Yor action is definitely conspicuous so far. I just kind of figured showing a bunch of ruthless murdering would be kind of discordant with the rest of the show so maybe that's why it's not happening

But it's pretty funny when we get her internal monologue and it's something like 'I must be good at this domestic task to please my family...so I can keep killing' :stare:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I think, going by the rate of adaptation and how many episodes are left, that Yor's real career will be featured as a spotlight arc of the first cour of a hypothetical Season 2.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i like when Yor kicks people and almost murders Loid with one

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kick, kick, fall in love

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Twilight and Thorn Princess are tasked with taking out the other, have to do so without attracting the attention of their spouse who is coincidentally always also there.

Then they kiss.

I feel like this is the natural end point for the story and it's more of "when will it happen" than "if"

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Spy x Family has two primary characters and neither of them is Yor is the thing.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Adder Moray posted:

Spy x Family has two primary characters and neither of them is Yor is the thing.

Bond and ???

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

101 posted:

Bond and ???

His bowtie

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

101 posted:

Bond and ???

Daybreak.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

chiasaur11 posted:

It's similar to how Chainsaw Man readers are being reminded by the anime onlies how they used to hate Kobeni.

As an AO, their constant WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE is pretty loving obnoxious, tbh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the Spy Family manga done or ongoing? These days it feels less like people get impatient for the good stuff to start because a loy more adaptations are coming out for finished series and more impatient that we have to wait literal years between seasons thanks to the immense workload the studios are dealing with.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, it's ongoing.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

There's probably enough material in the existing manga for three more cours at least. They just released issue 70 last Sunday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mordja posted:

As an AO, their constant WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE is pretty loving obnoxious, tbh.

It always is. I try not to post too much in anime threads after reading manga--I try not to post that kinda nonsense, but I'd also not put myself in the position where it might happen

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Honestly, I do like the juxtaposition of Cute Family Comedy against what is essentially a huge power keg situation if you really think things to their natural conclusion.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Honestly, I do like the juxtaposition of Cute Family Comedy against what is essentially a huge power keg situation if you really think things to their natural conclusion.

We saw that during the Bond arc when Bond had the vision of the Minister and Loid getting killed, sparking an international war.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

the recurring theme that the adults know how awful war is, and are trying to protect the kids from that knowledge is solid, and works with how the manga is normally really light toned, with occasional glimpses of really dark stuff

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Regarding her motivations, I think the thing about Yor a lot of people forget is that she's really, really dumb. Kind-hearted, incredibly physically capable, probably wouldn't have a job at City Hall if her real employers didn't need to give her a cover identity.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yor is a mom.

She sees Anya forgot her gym clothes and immediately thinks shes going to turn into a gangster.

That's what moms do.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Top Secret.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Good Yor section this episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Detheros posted:

Top Secret.

:ssh:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Speaking of showing more of Yor's work lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

someone please kiss Bond on the head.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yor is a mom.

She sees Anya forgot her gym clothes and immediately thinks shes going to turn into a gangster.

That's what moms do.

This is no joke, my mom one time saw a small tear in my gym pants for school and thought I was smoking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

gently caress it never mind I will do it

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

This is no joke, my mom one time saw a small tear in my gym pants for school and thought I was smoking.

My mom once looked me right in the eye to see if I was on drugs because I was tired from lack of sleep. :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"Papa! Blah blah yadda yadda"

"Ah okay then"

Like I know what's happening, but it's way funnier speaking it out loud like that :lmao:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Is it just me, or did anyone else catch a musical nod to the NBC Mystery Movie theme in this week's episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Cuddle your daughter, Yor