Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Araki did an interview for a magazine and gave our first bit of info for JOJOLANDS in that the protagonist will be a descendant of the SBR timeline's Joseph.
The protagonist could be literally any of SBR Joseph's 700 illegitimate children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Which American city will anger Rohan the most, put him there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Send Rohan to Ohio

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rohan Kishibe in: Let's Go To Newark!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bobjr posted:

Which American city will anger Rohan the most, put him there

Christine, North Dakota, assuming that Araki wants to make a really, really deep music cut

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Clarksdale, MS, where Rohan gets tempted by the devil

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

Christine, North Dakota, assuming that Araki wants to make a really, really deep music cut

Gary, Indiana

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Albuquerque

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's going to be a mix-up and he's gonna end up in naples, florida instead of naples, italy and be really pissed off about it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Waffleman_ posted:

Gary, Indiana

Eerie, Indiana

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's going to be a mix-up and he's gonna end up in naples, florida instead of naples, italy and be really pissed off about it

"And where the gently caress is Mickey?!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rohan will thrive and got owned in equal measure pretty much anywhere.

The only place he hates to be is wherever Josuke is

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Fargo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan figuring out the Florida Man stand would be pure gold

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

The protagonist could be literally any of SBR Joseph's 700 illegitimate children.

They should do a part where the protagonist is the SBR Joseph's grandson born of Holly!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7170656479786159406

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WARNING! GORE! WARNING! GORE!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

keep your steel balls in your pants for now everyone

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm mostly just telling people to read steel ball run at this point because it's gonna be years before a theoretical anime for it and there's probably a 50% chance that netflix entirely buries it anyways

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm mostly just telling people to read steel ball run at this point because it's gonna be years before a theoretical anime for it and there's probably a 50% chance that netflix entirely buries it anyways

that's fine, it's when people start dropping names and minor plot points of future parts that it turns to "alright calm down"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 13, 2022

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be fair i haven't looked at the anime thread in a while, but that's mainly because i haven't watched the latter 2 chunks of stone ocean as of yet. i probably should sometime. not having just a single new episode to watch every week really makes it difficult for me to get around to it.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

You should! The middle part is lame, but DavidPro gave their all on the last third and it loving. Rules.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah DavidPro's treatment of the back third of part 6 launched it all the way to the front as my favorite part (so far, I'll have to see what part 7's like animated)

The animation seriously elevates part 6. Things that didn't quite click with me when I was reading (Dio's sons, a lot of the fight scenes, tons of other stuff) really came together in the anime. And I always loved Pucci but now he might be my favorite Jojo villain

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Johnny Joestar posted:

to be fair i haven't looked at the anime thread in a while, but that's mainly because i haven't watched the latter 2 chunks of stone ocean as of yet. i probably should sometime. not having just a single new episode to watch every week really makes it difficult for me to get around to it.

same lol

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

One thing about Part 6 that really grew on me was the second opening theme. When I first heard it I thought Heaven's Falling Down was a bit underwhelming, but over time I've grown to love it. The guitar sting in the chorus! The key changes! The guitar solo!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MachuPikacchu posted:

One thing about Part 6 that really grew on me was the second opening theme. When I first heard it I thought Heaven's Falling Down was a bit underwhelming, but over time I've grown to love it. The guitar sting in the chorus! The key changes! The guitar solo!

Same here, also I want the final episode mix so bad.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

Same. I've been listening to Dogs Must Die so I'm going to wait until they've caught up to chunk two and then use it as a anime club

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://jojo-news.com/2022/12/14/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-9-jojolands-begins-on-february-2023/

jojo part 9 starts feb 17, 2023.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

poo poo, I've got to actually read part 8

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait to be confused and terrified once a month for the next seven years.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This is flashback man's last chance

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder if the series is big enough now for someone like Viz to pick it up for a Simultaneous release or if we’ll still have to rely on HWMN

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is going to be the first new manga part since the anime started and that fucks me up

Jesus Jojolion was long

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is exciting. new manga parts don't happen often. and so soon!!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm very excited for Jojomama

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yessssss

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm very excited for Jojomama

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

thank you, saved for sharing with friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

incredible news. i'm going to be in japan at that time so i hopefully will be able to pick up an issue of the magazine it will be in.