Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I agree, he'll make a great Alex Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes absolutely there are teams and coaches that will not want a 5’9” 180 pound QB.

Stroud and Levis I think are more or less interchangeable. Like if you were ok drafting one, you’d probably like the other.

CJ Stroud is infinitely better than Levis

It's not particularly close

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to put this out into the universe now: Colts trade up to #1 and draft Levis

Nah they can get Levis by staying put. If they want Young or Stroud they're gonna need to trade up.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Based on minimal knowledge this year I’d rather the Lions get a defense. A Goff included offense at least has put them in positions to win games. That defense tho has not.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to put this out into the universe now: Colts trade up to #1 and draft Levis

there's been chatter about the Colts loving Levis, but I couldn't find any reliable source. Seems like a bunch of the twitter/reddit-verse chatting about it and then it has become a commonly held belief.

But tall white meh prospect with big arm does seem like he belongs in Indy.

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah they can get Levis by staying put. If they want Young or Stroud they're gonna need to trade up.

Given his tools, among other considerations, I don't think it's out of the question that Levis climbs up the draft board by April.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

If Denver wins, Seattle's top 3 pick will drop multiple places :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ornery and Hornery posted:

If Denver wins, Seattle's top 3 pick will drop multiple places :(

:( I guess no Jalen Carter for the Hawks then.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

algebra testes posted:

He's going to the Bears #1 anyway

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

algebra testes posted:

Would have been nice to draft a great qb this year. RIP

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1612247484746571776

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Bears or Cardinals are absolutely trading out, too many teams right outside the top 5 who need a QB and will be looking to jump the Colts

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It sucks but honestly Texans at 2 isn't that bad. You're still gonna get one of Stroud or Young.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Bears or Cardinals are absolutely trading out, too many teams right outside the top 5 who need a QB and will be looking to jump the Colts

That's why I'm positive the Colts will trade up with the Bears. They'll still get a great player at 4 and can get some extra picks to fill more holes in the roster.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1612231789371887616

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If the Colts trade up to 1 and don't take Stroud then they deserve everything that's about to happen.

If Ballard is still the GM I think he takes Stroud though. That's a big if

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

If the Colts trade up to 1 and don't take Stroud then they deserve everything that's about to happen.

If Ballard is still the GM I think he takes Stroud though. That's a big if

The QB probably depends on who the new coach and maybe new GM is. I haven't watched enough college games to know if Stroud or Young are better, but from looking up what everyone is saying, Stroud seems like he'd be the better fit for the team as it currently is.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bears landed the absolute dream to not need a QB this draft

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Doltos posted:

Bears landed the absolute dream to not need a QB this draft

they better surround Mr Fields with good talent because he's an angel and electric to watch

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m just going to go ahead and assume that Jim Irsay & Pals are currently concocting an enormous trade package to move up to #1 and grab a QB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bears traded the #32 pick for Chase Claypool. #1 pick or not they're doomed.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Gonz posted:

I’m just going to go ahead and assume that Jim Irsay & Pals are currently concocting an enormous trade package to move up to #1 and grab a QB.

It's the kind of bold move that Ballard has always prided himself on not making, so we'll see if his survival instinct allows him to keep his job.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQbQ8eKKpjM

So many great throws in this Stroud tape against top tier DBs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

they better surround Mr Fields with good talent because he's an angel and electric to watch

Unfortunately the wide receivers aren’t as insane as the last couple drafts. There’s no Jamarr Chase here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

Unfortunately the wide receivers aren’t as insane as the last couple drafts. There’s no Jamarr Chase here

I thought everyone was dicks out for that dude from TCU? Not on the same level?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I thought everyone was dicks out for that dude from TCU? Not on the same level?

1000 yards and 6 touchdowns doesn't impress me much and he's getting shut the gently caress down in the championship game as we speak.

Grey Ghost is the expert though not me

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

kiimo posted:

1000 yards and 6 touchdowns doesn't impress me much and he's getting shut the gently caress down in the championship game as we speak.

Grey Ghost is the expert though not me

I mean, the entire team is getting evaporated

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He’s also basically the first, second and third option in the passing game.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This guy goes in the first round for sure, yeah?

https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1612603161424060417

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Johnson is fine but feels very very overhyped to me with people getting too accustomed to the extremely loaded WR classes the last few . It’s correct there is no Chase in this class. I’m watching some WR tape as a palate cleanser right now and it’s a very very weird class in general right now if you want a pass catcher. Lots of slot guys. Like a lot.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Also lmao Duggan is just Sam Ehlinger part 2

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

TheGreyGhost posted:

Also lmao Duggan is just Sam Ehlinger part 2

He looked...... really bad

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I will draft Tennessee wideout Hyatt; the world's fastest man

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

whos that broooown posted:

He looked...... really bad

He was never actually that good! Sonny is god tier at covering for mediocre quarterbacking. I might rage post about it if someone fucks up and rates him over like Jaren Hall

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I will draft Tennessee wideout Hyatt; the world's fastest man

no he's Herbie's

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TheGreyGhost posted:

He was never actually that good! Sonny is god tier at covering for mediocre quarterbacking. I might rage post about it if someone fucks up and rates him over like Jaren Hall

Even the ESPN guys today were saying he was a 3rd day pick at best. I'm not sure many people were saying he was gonna be a pro prospect.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
After a brief viewing of this thread I would prefer the titans get the northwestern tackle at 11 if possible, and would like to see them take either an edge rusher or wr in round two. My favorite beat guy mentioned the guy from SMU and I’m definitely interested in him and Hutchinson from Iowa state after a very cursory reading. Any good write ups on either of those dudes?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Reminder that Duggan finished ahead of Stroud in the Heisman voting somehow

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Reminder that Duggan finished ahead of Stroud in the Heisman voting somehow

Hes a better college qb

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Metapod posted:

Hes a better college qb

He’s not. But he is a more exciting one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s not. But he is a more exciting one.

That's all that counts