Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

kazr posted:

I tested it in the meat grinder and was only able to shave off a few seconds under optimal conditions. Having 2 to fire off simultaneously, or one in the tank while the other regens is better imo

Remeber that non vet classes have their crit chance cut in half, currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

kazr posted:

I tested it in the meat grinder and was only able to shave off a few seconds under optimal conditions. Having 2 to fire off simultaneously, or one in the tank while the other regens is better imo

I can confirm that actual play does not match the meat grinder for this. You don't achieve the required density in there, particularly given how dense Heresy and Damnation can be.

A gun with Crucian Roulette bugs out and gives you bonus crit chance in melee if you keep the chamber empty so that can make a huge difference. Knife crit build has an uptime of about 2 seconds with the right Feat.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

kazr posted:

If you're taking advantage of the currently bugged Crucian Roulette blessing on a ranged weapon, the bug being it also affects your melee crit chance, it's actually pretty viable. Of note is in the meat grinder you can't really get the horde density that you can in a mission, and if you use a weapon with wide sweeps and it crits on a horde every enemy hit reduces the CD by 1.5 seconds.

It's still more of a gimmick than anything mind you, but it can let you effectively get 3 or more charges much faster than storing 2 charges does.

e;fb

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mendrian posted:

I can confirm that actual play does not match the meat grinder for this. You don't achieve the required density in there, particularly given how dense Heresy and Damnation can be.

A gun with Crucian Roulette bugs out and gives you bonus crit chance in melee if you keep the chamber empty so that can make a huge difference. Knife crit build has an uptime of about 2 seconds with the right Feat.

This was basically going to be my response.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I hate Zealots so much. Not all Zealots, but the ones who insist on racing to their lonely deaths as quickly as possible. What possesses someone to run off alone over and over again on a hunting grounds mission only to get pinned down by dogs and slowly eaten by pox-walkers? Once is bad enough, but it's never once. You revive or rescue them and they just immediately take off running. Little Scrappy-doo wannabe motherfuckers. I just failed a 3 scripture mission because of one of these Zealots. The mutant that knocked me off the map also contributed, but if the Zealot hadn't been pinned down yet again, we might have survived.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Yeah, I have trouble understanding why some people buy co-op games if they don't want to cooperate

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta go fast.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

So I just went and tried some V2 for the first time since Darktide released. Crashed halfway through 2 games, which was very rare for me before. Have they hosed up Vermintide as well now?

they hosed up something in November with whatever server on their side gets pinged it feels like and it feels like its degenrated and now some people in particular really get piledrivered by straw vote

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

cerebral posted:

I hate Zealots so much. Not all Zealots, but the ones who insist on racing to their lonely deaths as quickly as possible. What possesses someone to run off alone over and over again on a hunting grounds mission only to get pinned down by dogs and slowly eaten by pox-walkers? Once is bad enough, but it's never once. You revive or rescue them and they just immediately take off running. Little Scrappy-doo wannabe motherfuckers. I just failed a 3 scripture mission because of one of these Zealots. The mutant that knocked me off the map also contributed, but if the Zealot hadn't been pinned down yet again, we might have survived.

Sometimes you round a corner and find 20 lasgun infantry in front of you. As a zealot, the best choice is almost always to charge and close in. As a team, the best choice is usually to follow while attacking aggressively. But often enough after a charge, you find that your weak rear end team retreated back around the corner and is fooling around with their power swords camping that corner chopping up poxwalkers one at a time rather doing anything meaningful. Maybe suicide is the best choice after enough of that!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I play Zealot. If my team is nowhere nearby and I round a corner and see 20 lasgunners, I'm just gonna re-round that corner and wait for the rest of the team.

Personally I've seen way more zealots trying to speed run levels, and then end up dying off on their own, than any of the other classes. But that's just me.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Charging the group isn't the right choice if you aren't certain you have backup right behind you! I definitely never assume a pug is gonna bail me out. I always let them engage first so I know where they're looking

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I think I must be missing something with the immortal zealot build. I finally got gear for it and I just don't seem to recover my toughness like all these other meta tutorials show when using Chastise The Wicked. In fact my special ability takes a bit of time to build as well so it's not even as spammable as I see in the majority of the videos that say you can proc it every 2 seconds.

What am I missing?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

S.J. posted:

I play Zealot. If my team is nowhere nearby and I round a corner and see 20 lasgunners, I'm just gonna re-round that corner and wait for the rest of the team.

This. Coop goes both ways.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Demilich posted:

I think I must be missing something with the immortal zealot build. I finally got gear for it and I just don't seem to recover my toughness like all these other meta tutorials show when using Chastise The Wicked. In fact my special ability takes a bit of time to build as well so it's not even as spammable as I see in the majority of the videos that say you can proc it every 2 seconds.

What am I missing?

Without seeing your build, who knows? But if you're talking about using the ult a lot, you need to take the ability that lets it recharge faster on crits.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Demilich posted:

What am I missing?

Are you emptying a ranged weapon with Crucian Roulette?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

kazr posted:

Mendrian posted:

I was trying it with Roulette awhile back and I got to agree that 2 charges just felt better even with the possibly bugged crit rate, gives you much more flexibility if something goes wrong when you can't just left click spam and those times you want to charge twice in a row you really don't want to have to wait to charge it back up.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The Demilich posted:

What am I missing?

Sufficent faith in the God-Emperor. :colbert:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

S.J. posted:

Without seeing your build, who knows? But if you're talking about using the ult a lot, you need to take the ability that lets it recharge faster on crits.

Here's my items

The Demilich posted:

Looking for feedback on these two Zealot items:

Note sure what I should be changing if anything.

Feats I'm using are 2 1 2 1 2 1

Vargs posted:

Are you emptying a ranged weapon with Crucian Roulette?

I am not, is this what clinches it?
Honestly given the bleed effect it doesn't look like I'm having any problems critting, but I def don't know what's wrong so :iiam:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

S.J. posted:

Personally I've seen way more zealots trying to speed run levels, and then end up dying off on their own, than any of the other classes. But that's just me.

If the zealot in this situation has any way to approach them without being in direct firing LoS, or is willing to burn one of their 2 dash charges, it's extremely easy to flank the shooters and jump into melee with them before they get a chance to shoot, at which point they all put their guns away and flail around effortlessly in melee.

Pretty much every ranged encounter in this game completely neutered if at least one person on the team runs straight at them before they can shoot. Even if your team doesn't follow you, lasgunners literally cannot hit you at all in either melee or ranged as long as you keep side-dodging (fun fact: this is true for every single enemy in the entire game except for poxhounds)

This is also how I play veteran: I pop Volley Fire with the 75% reduced dmg taken feat and the feat that makes it refresh its duration when killing shooters, then I sprint into melee range of them all and spin around shooting them :shrug: Works every time

e: I use a Graia Braced Autogun with Suppress Nearby Enemies on Close-Range Kill on both Zealot and Veteran :clint:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 15, 2023

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That varies drastically based on the actual layout of the room you're in.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Deptfordx posted:

Sufficent faith in the God-Emperor. :colbert:

this also applies to these cowards saying you shouldn't charge directly at every group you see. "oh I just saw too many heretics, I should retreat" the words of a coward who has forsaken their duty

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shout out to the goons who helped me get the penance where you kill a Monstrosity via Brain Burst. Highly recommend only going for it after you hit level 30 as Psyker so you can use the feat to make it go faster. The rest of the Throneside Commsplex mission was one of those stealth High Intensity Heresy missions in which our 3 Ogryn/1 Psyker team slogged through with a couple of near wipes and all the Ogryns almost managing to get the knock over 6 Ogryn in one charge penance. One ogryn enemy short!

For anyone wondering, the Shield Ogryn did the trick, and the Daemonhost literally could not kill him as the passive corruption ticks appear to not take him below half.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

litany of gulps posted:

Sometimes you round a corner and find 20 lasgun infantry in front of you. As a zealot, the best choice is almost always to charge and close in. As a team, the best choice is usually to follow while attacking aggressively. But often enough after a charge, you find that your weak rear end team retreated back around the corner and is fooling around with their power swords camping that corner chopping up poxwalkers one at a time rather doing anything meaningful. Maybe suicide is the best choice after enough of that!

The behavior I was complaining about is so far beyond this. You're describing normal aggressive play that sometimes conflicts with a passive team. The kind of Zealot I hate is a different species. If you don't die multiple times in a single Malice farming run, spend a good portion of time alone and on your back under a pox hound, or know how to use a medicae station, you're not the type of Zealot I'm talking about.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

cerebral posted:

The behavior I was complaining about is so far beyond this. You're describing normal aggressive play that sometimes conflicts with a passive team. The kind of Zealot I hate is a different species. If you don't die multiple times in a single Malice farming run, spend a good portion of time alone and on your back under a pox hound, or know how to use a medicae station, you're not the type of Zealot I'm talking about.

I think you're just describing a bad player dude, not a specific type of Zealot or even specific to a class.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah your post is a microaggression against zealots. I'm sick of this class racism. Do better

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah your post is a microaggression against zealots. I'm sick of this class racism. Do better

It was meant as a macroaggression. I'll try to think up some zealot slurs to make that more clear.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

IMHO that speed running poo poo slows down the higher the difficulty. People want to plow through missions quickly for mats and melks. The only reason to play Heresy or Damnation really is because it's fun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

S.J. posted:

Alternately, if you're like me, you don't want to play Zealot at all unless you have a chain weapon of some sort.

I love my chainaxe, my chainaxe loves me.

It took me WAY too long to find this thread by the way god drat, joined the discord at least.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just crashed on loading a mission in quick play 4 times in a row, then the 5th try went smoothly until the very end, when my teammates insisted on standing outside of the extraction elevator so they could shoot the rest of their ammo into the horde. Once they finished them off, the game crashed my computer and maxed out my speakers to play a loud buzzing tone, forcing a manual reset. Wtf DarkTide, drat.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

ijyt posted:

I love my chainaxe, my chainaxe loves me.

It took me WAY too long to find this thread by the way god drat, joined the discord at least.

The name is not very helpful eh

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Demilich posted:

What am I missing?

Don't focus on building stacks, that was an issue I had when I started the build. Being immortal is just a bonus you shouldn't rely on. I can almost guarantee your problem is positioning, dodging, blocking, and not abusing the gently caress out of pushing enemies. My go to is push, light attack off the push, then heavy swing. Be a whirlwind of movement and death.

I almost exclusively play with 2 friends though so I don't have to rely on pugs doing the right thing when I'm going balls deep into a ranged pack. I also use the axe and not the knife so maybe that's a factor in my advice.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Demilich posted:

What am I missing?

Also a possibility, wasn't there some evidence a few pages ago that Thy Wrath Be Swift was bugged and broke the toughness damage reduction buffs? Are you using that? If so, maybe try swapping it for something else.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

kazr posted:

Don't focus on building stacks, that was an issue I had when I started the build. Being immortal is just a bonus you shouldn't rely on.

This might be the answer tbh. I tried it out with a dagger where I got +2 lacerate, and it was FINE but it felt less like a really sick OP build and more like a really good safety net. It works best when you still actively try to avoid taking any damage. I found that there would just be some times when I thought I might have uptime on the toughness reduction and tanked some hits and actually woops I didn't have any bleed stacks or crits or whatever so now i just got turbo hosed!

I much prefer playing with the antax or eviscerator or chainsword and playing to not get hit at all and using the lifesteal if I do get in trouble. The knife build was also hella hard on my wrists too from all the clicking.

One thing I will say for the build is that the 75% damage reduction has a buff icon on your buff bar and can proc on range'd attacks too - so if you're unsure how the build is going try paying attention to when you actually proc the ability. It may give better insight into your issues (like are you maintaining good up time on it ? is your weapon just not proc'ing it enough?)

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

litany of gulps posted:

Also a possibility, wasn't there some evidence a few pages ago that Thy Wrath Be Swift was bugged and broke the toughness damage reduction buffs? Are you using that? If so, maybe try swapping it for something else.

Thy Wrath Be Swift does break those buffs, but honestly IMO it's worth it anyway because being stunlocked out of your melee attacks, especially heavy swings, is a major cause of death for me even when running Holy Revenant. It also applies to ranged damage too, not just melee hits, which makes it invaluable when approaching a shooter horde or when you're in melee and that one dude 3 feet away from you refuses to put away their gun.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I've played around with the Crucian Roulette bug a bit and it's fun on malice and lower to just power rip through enemies in melee but the flamer just way to good for staggering and roasting large groups of specials in heresy+

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Jerkface posted:

One thing I will say for the build is that the 75% damage reduction has a buff icon on your buff bar and can proc on range'd attacks too - so if you're unsure how the build is going try paying attention to when you actually proc the ability. It may give better insight into your issues (like are you maintaining good up time on it ? is your weapon just not proc'ing it enough?)

The flamer procs it as well so if you're roasting a group of enemies you're almost guaranteed to be god buffed

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

kazr posted:

I've played around with the Crucian Roulette bug a bit and it's fun on malice and lower to just power rip through enemies in melee but the flamer just way to good for staggering and roasting large groups of specials in heresy+

I've been playing it on Damnation with an Antax axe with Brutal Momentum and it's just really fun to just slug it out with anything that comes into melee range. The other day I clutched with 3 down and an absolutely enormous mixed horde. Felt like a god.

I'm not saying it's some unstoppable super meta build, but I have a lot of fun with it. Also there's just something pure about not having to juggle solutions. Your solution to every problem is your axe and maybe a grenade from time to time. Kind of reminds me of early CounterStrike in a way. Lots of reading the map and planning your momentum. No idea what CS plays like these days.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Feel like I've got a wall with my level 30 characters since I can't seem to join any Damnation matches on QuickPay to earn materials, it takes a few hours to find others on Heresy and often we get wiped anyway to something stupid like no one wanting to deal with a sniper.

It's matchmaking keeping me out of Damnation matches or is there just no one playing?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

As the player count drops, the decision to not automatically group you with players after a mission (like in the keep in vt2) becomes really questionable. If I have an hour to play I don't want to play a bunch of missions that are nearly over, I want to play from the start with a full team. At least in vt2 I knew if I got dropped in near the end of a map I'd probably get to play the next map with real players from the beginning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Feel like I've got a wall with my level 30 characters since I can't seem to join any Damnation matches on QuickPay to earn materials, it takes a few hours to find others on Heresy and often we get wiped anyway to something stupid like no one wanting to deal with a sniper.

It's matchmaking keeping me out of Damnation matches or is there just no one playing?

So APPARENTLY fatshark has fatsharked matchmaking - so basically the game will almost always putz around trying to start a NEW GAME with JUST YOU in it every time you try to play. So what you do is quickplay or matchmake a specific map from the mission selector and then cancel matchmaking and keep doing that until you get a bite basically within 5 seconds of launching.

I can confirm this. I matchmake, it sat around for 10 seconds so I quit, then matchmake again and it sat around so I quit, then I matchmake again and instantly got put in a game that only had 2 people (so I know it wasn't just a spot suddenly opened) that had been in progress for at least 5-10 minutes based on where they were in the level.

There is absolutely no reason I shouldn't have been offered that game to join the first time i hit play.

Edit: also have to vent just did a heresy mission with scrips and my team was loving jerking off during the second half of the mission including some guy trying to carry a power cell from the midway point to the end extraction which ended up tanking 3 of our players and only 1 extracted so we lost 2 scrips for no reason. Like our psyker is down and I got thrown over a rail by a mutant with a big rear end horde and chucklefuck is slowly ambling towards us with a powercell instead of just dropping it and saving either of us. Really annoying!!!