Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mabels big day posted:

Its enel 100%

Real talk: I think this would get the biggest pop from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Enel is gonna take everyone to the moon.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
What about Smoker? Isn't he supposed to be around?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
There's an outside chance it's Urouge, he's the only supernova who hasn't been featured at this point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arist posted:

Speaking of Odyssey, thought this was really cool:

I had no idea this was a thing you could do in the game :cripes::hf::laugh:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I think there's a chance it might be bakkin/weevil, given that they're characters that have had 0 overall influence on the story so far and characters that we have little to know idea of how powerful they are.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Weevil is a momma's boy for Bakin and it seems extremely unlikely Bakin would be helping Vegapunk if there wasn't something in it for her.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It's gonna be Enel's twin brother Lene.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really can't think of any character who is powerful, famous, and polite whose whereabouts are unknown. saul went to elbaf. that's not where he is from, but vegapunk stated very clearly that's where he went to hide and read the collected works of ohara. he also kind of has to still be there for kidd to have a shot at decrypting the lode poneglyphs. otherwise, kidd's out of the race. enel's a huge prick who can't communicate without grandstanding. scopper, we know absolutely nothing about and he's barely even appeared in flashbacks, so him popping in wouldn't have much impact. unless she's got a real fancy df, stussy suddenly betraying cp0 would result in immediately gaining a bunch of new holes in her torso and not much else. gin is obviously living inside big hat.

i guess kuma's the most likely? that'd make for an abrupt ending for bonney's chaotic rampage, but there's a lot going on and this isn't an arc about her.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Robviously posted:

It's gonna be Enel's alter ego Slim Shady.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

stussy suddenly betraying cp0 would result in immediately gaining a bunch of new holes in her torso and not much else.
I don't think there's any reason at all to assume this. One doesn't get into CP0's most elite assassination squad with Lucci and Kaku without being a formidable combatant.

Also keep in mind that since the barrier's back up it's just Lucci, Kaku, and Stussy up here. There's any number of opportunities to gently caress things up for CP0, or throw them off at the last minute as they attempt to assassinate Vegapunk.

And lastly, Sentomaru ultimately ended up with a bunch of holes in him but Vegapunk called on him anyway. That's kind of the point of that conversation. Even if she's not a Lucci-tier combatant, if she sacrifices herself to just slow him down a little bit, well, that's a sacrifice Vegapunk is willing to make. He's not a great guy!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Weevil is a momma's boy for Bakin and it seems extremely unlikely Bakin would be helping Vegapunk if there wasn't something in it for her.

Vegapunk was surprised that the mystery guest accepted his plea without reservation, it's also possible that Bakkin is the last member of Mads, and given that Bakkin/Weevil are ex-Warlords that are now wanted by the WG it would make sense that Vegapunk has been secretly sheltering them on Egghead without the govt being aware. Granted there is no evidence of any of this, but its just as possible as any other theory out there.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Does Vegapunk Vegafuck?

Vegafunk

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only spoilers that matter: chapter this week and a chapter next week. the drought is over.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I’d rather starve than eat those rotten crumbs

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More crumbs for me then.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Haha very funny also just curious here, haha, do we find out who the secret ally is, is it enel, was i right, hypothetically i mean

I think im just going to not mute #onepiece1072 on twitter and let god/the algorithm decide what I find out before thursday

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 17, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Cat Machine posted:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cat Machine posted:

:yeah:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Haha very funny also just curious here, haha, do we find out who the secret ally is, is it enel, was i right, hypothetically i mean

I think im just going to not mute #onepiece1072 on twitter and let god/the algorithm decide what I find out before thursday

this specific batch of spoilers doesn't get us any closer to a definitive answer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, I kinda miss early One Piece's art.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah the use of pretty much strictly black and white led to some really awesome art.

Current One Piece is also great! Two great tastes!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I certainly miss early one piece's zoro outfit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OG Chopper, best Chopper

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I miss pre time skip Franky

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Len posted:

I miss pre time skip Franky

I would love to see Franky get heroically killed, only for him to pop up next to the body in his original form, and for it turn out that his new form was just a mecha-suit the whole time.

It'd be the dumbest longest paying joke

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

slowly making my way through anime wano, and the bits run for so long they loop into being absolutely histerical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0RnadaSHto

ABBA ABBA ABBA

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 17, 2023

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

OG Chopper, best Chopper
I wish we had gotten to meet concept art Chopper.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Eiba posted:

I wish we had gotten to meet concept art Chopper.

Vegapunk's ally on the island is a stoner human who ate the Deer-deer fruit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I had a dream Blackbeard could eat 2 fruits because he's wearing a wig and fed the darkness fruit to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Vegapunk's ally on the island is a stoner human who ate the Deer-deer fruit.

I just watched gmas boy lmao