Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In the same way we can't trust any character has died unless we see the dead body buried, I will not trust any character is not just a clone of an important figure from the past unless we saw them get born directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If Stussy truly is a clone made by Vegapunk, then why isn’t she pink!?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

holy gently caress this chapter :tviv:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

CharlestonJew posted:

If Stussy truly is a clone made by Vegapunk, then why isn’t she pink!?

We've never seen Bakkin's eyes so I bet that's where the defect is.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Right; how many characters have we seen being born so that we can knock them off the list of clones? I can think of Ace off the top of my head. We also have Oden's kids as babies, so they're fine.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

hatty posted:

I swear to god if Luffy is a clone of Roger that Dragon adopted I'm gonna be very upset
That one is very unlikely, at least: We have seen an SBS with official Oda art of what an older Luffy would look like, and he doesn't look particularly similar to Roger.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Right; how many characters have we seen being born so that we can knock them off the list of clones? I can think of Ace off the top of my head. We also have Oden's kids as babies, so they're fine.

Weevil is a clone of Whitebeard

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Weevil is a clone of Whitebeard

That's so obvious I'm actually wondering if it'll end up false.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:dogstare: gat drat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm thinking Kaku is going to get handed off to one of the other Straw Hats to fight

Cause they're clearly not a threat to Zoro even in their awakened form

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Infinitum posted:

I'm thinking Kaku is going to get handed off to one of the other Straw Hats to fight

Cause they're clearly not a threat to Zoro even in their awakened form

I can't see that happening. Kaku's already been defeated all the way back in Enies Lobby, and now he's gone down like a punk to Stussy. He'll probably just be out of the fight for the rest of the arc until he and Lucci have to flee and/or end up subdued by Kizaru for disobedience.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stussy........ welcome to the crew

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Well, Vegapunk is a little rough on the math but I'd say their only about 6/7 clone at most.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Me first seeing Bakkin: What a liar, obviously the great Whitebeard would never stoop to her level
Me seeing a younger Bakkin: Oh they were fuckin'.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:vince:

The world's smartest man, folks :allears:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I love all the stupid new theories this brings to the table.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think weevil has whitebeards will, but may not be a clone. bakkin managed to get whitebeards inherited will in a really strong body

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anime was right posted:

i think weevil has whitebeards will, but may not be a clone. bakkin managed to get whitebeards inherited will in a really strong body

Oh so it's more of a Batman Beyond

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The world's smartest man, folks :allears:

Big "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" energy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

High INT, low WIS

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
weevil doesn't really resemble young whitebeard that closely so i'd expect some further twist there if there's anything like that - he's a failed clone! he's an attempt to combine whitebeard's dna with oars' to form a super pirate! or some other ridiculous idea i haven't thought of

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oda... does it again

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

blizzardvizard posted:

Oda... does it again

Weird giraffe, yes... but that wasn't Kaku screaming, it was Hattori reacting & getting Lucci's attention.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Clonin' down the street, smokin Indo
Sippin on Girafffe Blood Juice

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

jassa posted:

Weird giraffe, yes... but that wasn't Kaku screaming, it was Hattori reacting & getting Lucci's attention.

That makes more sense :v:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

Me first seeing Bakkin: What a liar, obviously the great Whitebeard would never stoop to her level

lmao

I can't believe I've come around on this, well played oda

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Nah, Weevil is totally an imperfect clone. Miss Buckin worked for MADS and offered to let them clone her in exchange for a clone of Whitebeard... though for some reason it didn't come out quite right...

On another note, I love how Caesar is showing off an artificial devil fruit on the cover page (curly stem, but with dots on the fruit). He doesn't know how to make them though, which implies this is Vegapunk's work which he's claiming credit for.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Clonin' down the street, smokin Indo
Sippin on Girafffe Blood Juice

Goddammit :lol:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

He and Buckin, they were fuckin

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Whitebeard - "Who need they Stussy ate?"

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

if Luffy is a clone I swear I’ll punch oda right in the dick

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Also I love how everyone predicted an info dump upon meeting Vegapunk but we’re actually more confused now

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

if Luffy is a clone I swear I’ll punch oda right in the dick

:rolleyes:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Also I love how everyone predicted an info dump upon meeting Vegapunk but we’re actually more confused now

Oh, we got info all right, but then Oda (being Oda) ended up tantalizing us with even more loving mysteries.

It rules.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Not sure about Dragon but young Garp looks exactly like a much buffer Luffy in a marine uniform

Red Perchiyama
Jul 23, 2017
Theory: the secret that Kuma told Vegapunk to keep from Bonney is that he was already dying - something terminal is a great time to go "yeah sure turn my body into a robot, also hang onto my memories", because what've you got to lose?

Not entirely sure why he'd want Vegapunk to keep it on the down low, maybe just because it'd hurt her to know he was dead no matter what

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What if Luffy is a clone of Luffy, and he's never actually won a fight; he just dies and a new luffy is swapped in off panel and everyone's in on it except the reader.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was of two minds about Vegapunk ever actually being revealed in the comic but I have to say that he has been an utter delight and I love that in true One Piece fashion, him being an unparalleled genius doesn't stop him from being a giant loving moron :allears:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I was sure as hell not expecting Vegapunk to be this fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I hope the next issue opens with Vegapunk turning towards the reader and stating, "Stussy is the only clone that has ever been created - there are exactly zero clones elsewhere in the entire world" like that panel where squirrel lady defeats Thanos.