Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Actual communication is good! Only thing I'd be concerned about is them holding what they've already teased with the most recent Vox video back. Make sure to include that at least so folks have something new to mess around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
This is the best thing they could have done at this point so good.

But also lol if it takes another several months to get a finished crafting system.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Typical Pubbie posted:

They're gonna have to scrap the current loot system. Sure, being able to change or upgrade blessings will reduce the grind, but then what? It's still dull and uninspired. It was a huge mistake not to rip off COD.

The gently caress lol. The gameplay is anything but dull, no-one wants a CoD clone while CoD exists.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I didn't say gameplay.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm fine with them scrapping the current crafting system, it's poo poo.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
What about if you had to pay dockets for a contract from Melk and the contract defined a weapon or upgrade you're receiving at the end of a successful mission, with the difficulty being defined by the traits etc on the weapon

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

We got the lack of identity/memorability caused by reuse of prefab level chunks without the increased raw number of maps you would expect that approach to enable. Win-win!
Lack of memorability isn't actually an issue with Chaos Wastes. All the map chunks are cool and memorable. Though it probably helps that they use VT2's much wider colour / design palette (ie they aren't all just Industrial Corridor 53-Sigma-7) and because some of them are made up of Chaosed-up chunks of existing levels.

Whether memorability is what you want with procedurally generated content is another question. I actually lean towards liking CW's way of doing it, because (like someone said earlier) each chunk being hand-crafted and memorable means you can get to know micro-strategies for the maps, like good places to fight a horde or ledge monsters etc. And lots of other games with much more random proc-gen have the problem that the stuff they generate can feel kinda generic and meaningless (after all noise is perfectly random). I think DRG suffers from this a bit, personally. One Dense Biozone map feels much like another after a while.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 24, 2023

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Also yes, that statement is good.

If they want a new crafting system just rip off their own one from Vermintide 2. It's right there! They wrote it themselves a few short years ago!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

lol it took them two months after launch to make an announcement to acknowledge the fact that they hosed up the launch

i get that people are going to react with "finally some communication" but this isn't actually anything.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol it took them two months after launch to make an announcement to acknowledge the fact that they hosed up the launch

i get that people are going to react with "finally some communication" but this isn't actually anything.

It's basically the sample text that a few people banged out in this thread as an example of how you could respond coherently to the current issues and communicate with the player base in all of ten minutes.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah at this point how long are we gonna have to wait for them to list changes then actually get it working? It's very clear they are not skilled coders so the question is how many months before the game gets back on track? All the while the game has massive broken feats, broken blessings, and no real end game beyond trying to guess what the crafting system will be and whether or not you can come out ahead of it.

In VT2 launch you at least could hunt for reds and cosmetics which kept me playing but i literally have zero reason to ever play DT again until the devs get off their asses. It's a good thing they launched with neutered bots that will make playing with low player count impossible, it was a very good idea from them!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
They should take their remaining premium cosmetics and make them free unlockables. Would help alleviate their progression problem.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Typical Pubbie posted:

They should take their remaining premium cosmetics and make them free unlockables. Would help alleviate their progression problem.

And utterly piss off those who paid for them lol

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

That feels on par with how long it takes some AAA devs to even acknowledge their hosed up launches.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

The Demilich posted:

By remaining I mean the unreleased ones.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The Demilich posted:

I think they meant the stuff that's on deck but hasn't been up for sale yet

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wouldn't say no to more mission variety while they're at it

It feels more like a demo than a full game with how many times I've replayed three of them

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I feel like they flubbed it a bit by exclusively talking about things that are being delayed/removed when we desperately want to hear about anything that might be down the line, even if it's not immediate. Like tell us what you're currently focusing on!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
As an initial response, this is perfectly serviceable. Looking forward to seeing what they're planning. Still though, I would love to see what's coming with that Vox Comm.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
At this point I'm inclined to believe that Fatshark doesn't have any seasonal content planned.

"Months" to address the feedback. lol what a stuff up.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

this was the several weeks delayed community update?

lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

There is still going to be the community post about what they are looking to actually do that is supposed to also come this week so I hope it drops soon!!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Jerkface posted:

There is still going to be the community post about what they are looking to actually do that is supposed to also come this week so I hope it drops soon!!

allegedly, no

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Typical Pubbie posted:

They're gonna have to scrap the current loot system. Sure, being able to change or upgrade blessings will reduce the grind, but then what? It's still dull and uninspired. It was a huge mistake not to rip off COD.

It was a huge mistake to introduce loot progression in games like this to begin with. Hated it in Battlefield and COD as well.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The new form: pleading apologies

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Abroham Lincoln posted:

this was the several weeks delayed community update?

lol

You know, you can put the game down for a few, and come back to it at a later time.

It was the holidays, and having lived in Sweden for a couple of years I'm not surprised it takes them a while. Work ethic is different there. Not like the idiot rat race we have in NA.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Work ethic is different there; they dont friggin do it, apparently!!!!!!!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Jesus, am I going to have to leave the thread for months because some people can't help but make it completely intolerable to read again?

It's the Cyberpunk thread all over again, except this game is in a much better state than that was at release.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Work ethic is different there; they dont friggin do it, apparently!!!!!!!

:iceburn:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Kokoro Wish posted:

Jesus, am I going to have to leave the thread for months because some people can't help but make it completely intolerable to read again?

It's the Cyberpunk thread all over again, except this game is in a much better state than that was at release.

Gosh darnit, stop complaining that you crash every other game when I do not!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

oh i saw some other CM post that led me to believe there was going to be some further explanation but the CMs said they were under NDA and had to wait for them to be cleared

at least theres gonna be a patch with patch notes?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

You know, you can put the game down for a few, and come back to it at a later time.

yeah I already did put it down for weeks now, this was me coming back to check in

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kwolok posted:

That's not what the complaint is about at all and this is pretty bad faith of a take imo.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kwolok posted:

Pour exemple.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Delaying seasonal content? errr... one of the main issues too is lack of content, not only the progression and crafting. And it isn't like your level designers and artists are going to be doing the new progression and crafting systems, right?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Turin Turambar posted:

Delaying seasonal content? errr... one of the main issues too is lack of content, not only the progression and crafting. And it isn't like your level designers and artists are going to be doing the new progression and crafting systems, right?

if it was content that worked and didn't need implementation, testing and bugfixes it would probably be in the game already.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Kokoro Wish posted:

what are you talking about

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Turin Turambar posted:

I think the implications is they're going to make sure majority of bugs are squashed and test stuff before implementing it but well. Who knows?

Here's hoping.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'd imagine the first chunk of season content was probably going to be even more paid cosmetics and a battle pass as well, not a shitload of levels and new enemies and stuff. So putting that back is basically just putting back more bad press they don't need right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

if it was content that worked and didn't need implementation, testing and bugfixes it would probably be in the game already.

There are a lot of cosmetics ready to ship right now, that content is definitely being held back as part of the monetisation scheme

https://imgur.com/a/oA0UPAe