Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is also makes sense why Biden doesn't want to come out with a "all under control here" speech because they have no loving baseline for what they've just discovered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

oh wow, the nytimes article said that the self-destruct charge in the balloon was reportedly found intact

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

We never should have let these people have control of such important duties

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Insidious...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

We have a confirmed hit on the housekeeping gondola. Splash.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

they've been hiding the Gundams that sword goes to for 70 years

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That's the one, thank you very much.. No wonder text search wasn't turning up anything.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Here's a video of CNN saying the DOD told them that a significant chunk of the Alaska object was recovered and that the FBI is taking the lead on analysis, FWIW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BwQ0gpW0Ew&t=114s

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Air Force Chief of Staff: "Okay, so promise you won't be mad."

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Insidious...

ah, bin ladens balloon fortress

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

the bubble of radio waves from earth dissipate into non detectable strength around Jupiter or something.

Why do they dissipate? Not strong enough to overcome the tiny tiny materials in the near vacuum?

Other questions: who is this Ross guy

And wheres the statement about the original recovery in Alaska / Yukon
Edit ah I see the cnn clip

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Does anyone know what the providence of the USAF evangelical rumor poo poo is by the way? Where did that originally come from?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's not a rumor

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.npr.org/2005/06/02/4676698/air-force-academy-embroiled-in-religious-controversy

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Objurium posted:

Does anyone know what the providence of the USAF evangelical rumor poo poo is by the way? Where did that originally come from?

if you look through my post history you'll find that i asked the same question and got a few answers, though i still find it kind of mysterious since i couldnt find that much from searching myself, at least the uap=demons thing. but there are a lot of religious people in the air force as shown by the link above

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol that article came out 20 years ago

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

PokeJoe posted:

the 2 star air force greatsword lowers the intelligence of the wielder while raising their fanaticism and tenacity levels

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Objurium posted:

it all starts in a forsaken place known as "Colorado Springs'

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lol that article came out 20 years ago

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-air-force-swear-to-godor-get-out

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Why do they dissipate? Not strong enough to overcome the tiny tiny materials in the near vacuum?

attenuation? idk there are actual scientists itt

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How many years do you think it takes the military to change?

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-evangelicals-god-prayer-air-force-secret-christian-online-ministry-1070772

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

it's the same as how the light from a flashlight becomes gradually more diffuse the further away from the source it is

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hail Godor.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

also, isn't the air force more educated overall than the rest of the military? i would bet there are atheists in there who bristle against the evangelical wing, leading to more visible conflict

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Ross is a journalist who got into the UAP game fairly recently in his career (his first book on the topic in 2021) and he seems to be in routine contact with Mellon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lieutenant MATT MAKA: Oh, there's nothing negative about the academy, sir. Nothing at all. They fix everything.

See they fixed it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Also, the Nimitz encounter was also 20 years ago

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

luminosity in any part of the EM spectrum spreads out isotropically across a spherical surface

if you are farther away you will get fewer photons and there are only so many to spare

edit: this is called flux, did any of you take physics

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We fixed the radar so the sky angels don't show up on it anymore. Job well done everybody

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

unless special methods are used, the strength of light will dissipate from its source over distance

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I mean they've been Holy Rolling for like half a century probably and got some good momentum

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

We fixed the radar so the sky angels don't show up on it anymore. Job well done everybody

don't be silly.

they were demons, not angels. For the best to just ignore them, so no tender minded young pilot is taken in by satan

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

if you need a recap of the nimitz thing this vid is pretty entertaining. I completely forgot that there was boiling water under the tic tac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSxY7TR6mI

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's called flux

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

inverse square law

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SETI is looking for directed light messages at us or I guess light houses

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Azathoth posted:

skytrash if they're interdimensional, spacetrash if they're extraterrestrial

if theyre flying around in balloons they are probably lower income but theres no need to be classist about it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

It's called flux

praise the lord, a man of science

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

forgive me lord for these dank, juicy alien cocks I’m about to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

SETI is looking for directed light messages at us or I guess light houses

they're looking in the wrong spectrum and no one will ever realize that