Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

It's actually two Ds, for Double Dragon(a)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zetamind2000 posted:

It can't be the miniseries rohan, some of those stories had part 4 characters

What if they also show up in the Jojolands

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

oh they're hosed
To be fair, Jodio already admitted they're hosed in the chapter 1 narration, since it's retrospective. "Just the three of us would seriously 'not have been enough'. Actually... it wouldn't have been enough no matter how many people we had."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MonsterEnvy posted:

What if they also show up in the Jojolands

Two josukes in the same timeline would be one hell of a power move

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I just finished reading JoJolion yesterday. I'll post some opinions on it at a later date when a new JoJolands chapter isn't hours old. So I'll just say one thing, now being caught up on JoJo for the first time ever:

god this part is so much loving better already lmfao. MY BOY IS BACK, FREED FROM SPINOFF JAIL

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Chapter 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6_yFJuA6gk

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The JoJolands is already incredible.

Thanks Araki

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i love that rohan keeps his headband on when swimming

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like the idea that not-Tingle's gonna spend all of this part as high as a kite.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Okay, I was NOT expecting Rohan of all people to show up! I’m not quite sold on this being the same one as the latest Thus Spoke (I believe that was just part 4 Rohan who aged as gracefully as part 6 Jotaro) due to that series having the part 4 cast and stuff. My guess is he’s more like to Diego: their appearance and personality are similar but are separate characters from the original.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Plot twist! He's Jodio and Dragona's estranged father. That's right, the unthinkable happened in this hell timeline: Rohan Kishibe hosed. Twice, even.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Asterite34 posted:

Plot twist! He's Jodio and Dragona's estranged father. That's right, the unthinkable happened in this hell timeline: Rohan Kishibe hosed. Twice, even.

I know this series is called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but there's limits to everything.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Start of the chapter: Huh, wonder what Jodio's playing on his Switch.

End of the chapter: "The target's name is Kishibe Rohan!" :swoon:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
HWMN and Dog Park put up their versions. three groups doing the same manga seems like a lot! scanlation war imminent

lih
May 15, 2013

i was thinking that maybe the first translation was just a bit off because matte kudasai didn't make any sense, but maybe usagi is just stupid. like, how is a second camera that creates a fake recording supposed to be helpful if the real camera is still there lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think we just don't know enough about The Matte Kudasai yet

lih
May 15, 2013

idk his explanation is just that if there's two recordings and one is fake, then no one will know which is the real one so it can't be used as evidence? which just seems fairly confused as reasoning

now that rohan is in the sbrverse i hope we get a thus spoke rohan chapter where he interacts with joshu

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh my god that final page.

ROHAN KISHIBE MOTHERFUCKERRR. I'm so excited to see more Heaven's Door Bullshit.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

I think we've sufficiently established that jodio's squad is not exactly bright when it comes to evidence law so Usagi's explanation doesn't need to be right it just needs to convince the team

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PirateZim posted:

I think we've sufficiently established that jodio's squad is not exactly bright when it comes to evidence law so Usagi's explanation doesn't need to be right it just needs to convince the team

That also makes sense, boy fell for the "You have to tell me if you're a cop" from the suspected cop

Someone told my man in 2023 "Cops can't lie" and he was like sure

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just finished the chapter.

I mean this in the most complimentary way possible, Araki you absolute madman, you self-indulgent prick.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder which movie Rohan has all his furniture from this time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

bobjr posted:

I wonder which movie Rohan has all his furniture from this time.

He's chillin' in the pool, so obviously Paul.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god i can't wait to watch Paul on a moonlit night

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Patware posted:

god i can't wait to watch Paul on a moonlit night

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BLU-RAY

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

This all just reminds me the best thing bout part 6's ending is how it means Rohan got his rear end beat by Josuke in his own house at least two more times, saw it coming the first time!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hatty posted:

HWMN and Dog Park put up their versions. three groups doing the same manga seems like a lot! scanlation war imminent

There's four!
Though one is also by Dog Park, but maybe a bit more localised.

HWMN already had the "they're sniping us!" ready for when they posted. I get it's frustrating but they're all really sharing something that's not theirs to share in the first place so it's like, eh, just get over it

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Which is the best version?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
HWNM is more accurate but stiffer and Dog Park plays it fast and loose but sounds more natural as a result. HWNM has the best scan quality so I prefer them personally

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What’s the latest on Dragona’s pronouns now that we have chapter 2? First issue I read had they/thems and this issue I saw he/hims.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zetamind2000 posted:

This is the most based jojo part and it's not even close

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The JoJolands is already incredible.

Thanks Araki

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What’s the latest on Dragona’s pronouns now that we have chapter 2? First issue I read had they/thems and this issue I saw he/hims.

remains '???'

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Rohan: Boy I sure am glad to be in this new universe with no Josuke!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kart Barfunkel posted:

People are leaning he/him because Jodio calls them big brother, but besides that there's still no indication at all. And since Dragona is a teen in 2023, it could be literally anything!

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

I hope Rohan's role is the same as part 4 and he spends the rest of Jojolands just hanging around with some teens because he doesn't have other friends. Only this time the teens are a bunch of zoomers selling adderall and roast him all the time. dragona get his rear end!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rohan needs to get flossed on