Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1638222002694799360

If any agent of a top 3 round prospect lets their player do drills/run in that they should be fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He tore up the senior bowl. Lions are all over him too.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Seattle already signed other, better defensive interior players to replace those departures.

They have like two guys right now. Good guys mind you, but still, two of them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1638222002694799360

If any agent of a top 3 round prospect lets their player do drills/run in that they should be fired.

that is fuckin ridiculous. also how is the indoor facility not long enough to accommodate a 40 yard sprint that seems like poor design

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

It's southern California, you almost never need to be inside.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sexy tiger boobs posted:

It's southern California, you almost never need to be inside.

You must be talking about a different Southern California that the one I've experienced this winter and likely winters to come.

We're Hawaii now if Hawaii had the Sierras collapsing people's' roofs with snow

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

You must be talking about a different Southern California that the one I've experienced this winter and likely winters to come.

You must mean north shore Hawaii.

Also is there anywhere good to read up on how wild this winter in California was? I'm on the east coast and only heard bits and pieces.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Northwestern moved him all around the line, because he was like their only good defensive player. Because of this he like never got specialized at one position. And thus didn't get a number of reps at what would eventually be his main position in the NFL.

In the Senior Bowl, and at the Combine, he mostly did interior line drills and he looked good.

I'm mostly just making fun of Northwestern being absolute garbage, the coaches probably just did what they thought would be the best use of the only good defensive lineman they had.

Fitzgerald was on the Score saying they did him a disservice constantly moving him around.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

The Colts are more likely to try to trade back than they are to trade up to 3 for Levis. People can scream about the need all they want, but Ballard (for better or worse) absolutely will not force the move if they don't believe in a guy, and if the guy they believe in is Levis then they're probably safe playing the odds that he's still there at 4.

Here's my take:

If Stroud somehow falls to 3, the Colts will give up a pretty good haul to move up and get him.

If he doesn't, there is a small possibility they trade up, but it would not be a lot, and they draft Richardson.

If they stay at 4, they see what they can get, but if the deal isn't good, they take Richardson or Levis. There's also an equal chance they take BPA, then draft Hooker in the 2nd or trade back into the 1st to get him.

Overall, I think staying where they are and getting Richardson is what's gonna happen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You must mean north shore Hawaii.

Also is there anywhere good to read up on how wild this winter in California was? I'm on the east coast and only heard bits and pieces.

Here's one piece

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp_qEJ1uLff/

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 21, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

It's good. The drought is over.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

This is wild to me, like if this dude is a top 15 pick, then Northwestern needs to fire every single one of their Defensive coaches.

The way this dude dominated at the Senior Bowl and at the Combine, what Northwestern did can only be considered a warcrime, with the game tape that dude has.

They pretty much did fire all of their defensive coaches.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

a neat cape posted:

It's good. The drought is over.

One good winter does not a drought disperse.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who is the wr that has the best of speed and of sure hands? Jaylin Hyatt is off the goon big board until he cracks 4.4 at his pro day.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One good winter does not a drought disperse.

We are exiting a La Nina cycle and will probably be in El Nino by the end of the year which means it's gonna get a lot wetter

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

a neat cape posted:

We are exiting a La Nina cycle and will probably be in El Nino by the end of the year which means it's gonna get a lot wetter

I heard California was all about transitioning children but this is next level

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Big Jesus posted:

I heard California was all about transitioning children but this is next level

what

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

La Niña -> El Niño

It’s just a dumb joke

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/status/1638317068033351682?t=l_ZRX_yWZ2u8o2DZoLhb3g&s=19

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Neither stroud nor young would be surprising. So I really really hope this guy is right and it’s Anthony Richardson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll die laughing if it's Levis

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When’s the last time we had an unusual pick at #1? Baker Mayfield?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1638320079795376128?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Travon Walker

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Literally Travon Walker last year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Think it’s about time to move on from the cam-atar

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I'll die laughing if it's Levis

Levis isn't going 1st overall. All the dudes who claim to have an inside track into the draft are moving the guy outta the 1st round.

I feel so strongly about this I'll do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if he actually does go 1st overall.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's kind of nice for the #1 overall pick to not be hidden behind a bunch of bullshit smokescreening.

Also wow Dan Morgan is an assistant GM now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

Travon Walker

MrLogan posted:

Literally Travon Walker last year.

God I don’t even remember that. Thanks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Baker was a logical and defensible 1st overall. I won’t hear otherwise.

Richardson is not

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Levis is perhaps becoming a little too hated as a prospect. This doesn't mean I think he'll work out, but I think he has a chance.

Definitely wouldn't want him super early, but if the Jets strike out on Rodgers and trade down, or maybe Washington trades down a bit, I don't hate him as a late first round pick. I suppose Tampa would be in about the right place for the earliest I'd pick him if they're not convinced Baker is actually their guy.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's kind of nice for the #1 overall pick to not be hidden behind a bunch of bullshit smokescreening.

I'll agree once they just walk up and make the pick when the draft starts instead of using the whole clock to do so.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

I'll agree once they just walk up and make the pick when the draft starts instead of using the whole clock to do so.

Doesn't the NFL strongly encourage teams to use the whole clock for Day 1 picks? Build the Suspense and all that.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol yeah the lions got in trouble for announcing their pick too fast last draft. Hope they do it again.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I legit believe someone from the NFL told Jeremiah to put Young at #1 on his mock to add the faintest kernel of uncertainty at the top of the draft.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's Stroud guys

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Doesn't the NFL strongly encourage teams to use the whole clock for Day 1 picks? Build the Suspense and all that.

In my very limited experience, when Buffalo was on the clock, it wasn’t a delay. The first half of the pick was Buffalo on the phone with Kaiirs dad abram and their agent. Hammering out poo poo and just doing last second due diligence. I bet it’s similar for a lot of teams.

The first 3-5 picks tho… that should be 6 minutes total

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs likely moving Wirfs to LT so I want the Tennessee RT to be the pick at 19. That would make for a nice pair I think.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

who do I have to murder to get the draft back on Saturdays

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Those days are gone.

Never forget the full day drunken grill out when you randomly sprinted into the house and cheered and went right back outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

TECHNICALLY, it still is there :smug: